re meat pies

eing a good lad...back on topic...Had a Jases GF Meat pie today, pack of two in Woolies, around $9.   Not bad, minced beef, good gravy and decent gf pastry, beggars can't be choosers.

jasesgfbeefpie.jpeg

Edited by NSWP

22 minutes ago, NSWP said:

eing a good lad...back on topic...Had a Jases GF Meat pie today, pack of two in Woolies, around $9.   Not bad, minced beef, good gravy and decent gf pastry, beggars can't be choosers.

jasesgfbeefpie.jpeg

You said they are not bad, but are they nice?

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

I had some nice cockles and mussels with salt and vinegar down at Leigh on Sea (near Sarfend on Mud, Essex) a few years ago, but those eels look revolting.  My Labrador would not even eat them and that is saying something because Labs are food machines.

lab.jpg

I wouldn't do that either.They have the added hazard of razor sharp bones in the middle.

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Though the things 17 and 18 year olds come out with amaze Mrs Gut at times.

Congratulations,you're the 2000th poster.There's a bowl of good old cockney jellied eels on its way to you right now.

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

And everyone else who wasn't the 2000th post, gets 2 bowls.😋

There's been an objection.It seems Mr Gut split his post to win the prize,so is disqualified.The winner now is Uncle Les.

3 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Now that Japan is resuming (!!!) commercial whaling, do you think we could get some interesting pies over there. Fresh meat

Dolphins1.thumb.jpg.59e0c8d4cba8999e47cb150d14edda56.jpg

Not sure I would willing eat whale but if it was served up as just fish or something I don't think I would know any difference.

17 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Not sure I would willing eat whale but if it was served up as just fish or something I don't think I would know any difference.

You would definitately know whale meat if you'd tried it.  Tastes a bit like a cross between platypus and koala.😉

23 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It's the sauce that makes it off putting.

It's just water,parsley and a bit of garlic thickened with cornflour.Some of the cruise review photos of food sometimes don't look appetising.Give it a go next time in UK.

14 hours ago, brian1 said:

There's been an objection.It seems Mr Gut split his post to win the prize,so is disqualified.The winner now is Uncle Les.

Thanks Brian, send my prize over, world cruise on QM2 - Queens Grill tickets of course. 😆

Edited by NSWP

12 hours ago, brian1 said:

It's just water,parsley and a bit of garlic thickened with cornflour.Some of the cruise review photos of food sometimes don't look appetising.Give it a go next time in UK.

Oh no, I detest the smell and taste of garlic, no garlic in my house.  I do not order any menu item that mentions garlic, orrible stuff.

Edited by NSWP