Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I wouldn't mind someone dropping a cheesecake off at my house..

 

You’ve got the amazon drone trial happening in Canberra.

 

I am sure one of those flying robots would love to drop off your cheesecake, from about 1500ft.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

LOL, looks more like a dropped dessert.

A deconstructed Eton Mess perhaps? 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Docker123 said:

 

I think you have made an Eton mess of our culinary tête-à-tête.

 

Or, perhaps that is Tater Tots for the non-francophones. 

 

 

Just trying to introduce European Haute-Cuisine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Pom noisettes. you mean.

Does that translate as an anoying or noisy Pom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Just trying to introduce European Haute-Cuisine.

I trust you enjoy a bowl of Spaget Brian, living in Italia.  With plenty garlic of course.

 

So with young Boris bringing on Brexit, will the Italian Govt chuck you ex pats out and send you back to the mother country?   Plenty of Brits residing in Spain and Portugal too.

Edited by NSWP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Just trying to introduce European Haute-Cuisine.

So why do you ha(u)te your European Cousins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I trust you enjoy a bowl of Spaget Brian, living in Italia.  With plenty garlic of course.

Just bought a Tim of spaghetti, (edgell I think) some baked beans too. I eat real fancy, got the bans in ham sauce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I trust you enjoy a bowl of Spaget Brian, living in Italia.  With plenty garlic of course.

My Mrs does a better one than the Italians.More meat and not nearly all tomato.Loads of garlic,of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Just bought a Tim of spaghetti, (edgell I think) some baked beans too. I eat real fancy, got the bans in ham sauce.

I rest my case,your honour,lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

No pie today, just chook and avo with blue cheese on a roll 

Edited by GUT2407

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

So why do you ha(u)te your European Cousins

I think it's the other way round at the moment.They'll just have to get at the back of the queue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Docker123 said:

 

You’ve got the amazon drone trial happening in Canberra.

 

I am sure one of those flying robots would love to drop off your cheesecake, from about 1500ft.

 

Can you order it for me, I live in the south.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Does that translate as an anoying or noisy Pom.

Little potato balls that are deep fried, sometimes called potato gems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, brian1 said:

My Mrs does a better one than the Italians.More meat and not nearly all tomato.Loads of garlic,of course.

Sounds divine, I prefer my spaghetti heavy on the meat and garlic and not so much on the tomato.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Sounds divine, I prefer my spaghetti heavy on the meat and garlic and not so much on the tomato.

Spot on,and we use minced beef,whereas the Italians use pork.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Spot on,and we use minced beef,whereas the Italians use pork.

Pork mince or pork sausages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Pork mince or pork sausages.

Pork mince,Italian sausages are gross.We drive over with a years supply of our own,and bacon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Pork mince,Italian sausages are gross.We drive over with a years supply of our own,and bacon.

We have been having some smoked bacon that has a very sweet flavour. very nice change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We have been having some smoked bacon that has a very sweet flavour. very nice change.

I noticed you have Aldi in Aus.That's where we get our smoked bacon in the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, brian1 said:

I noticed you have Aldi in Aus.That's where we get our smoked bacon in the UK.

Yep, that is the place to get it here as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Just bought a Tim of spaghetti, (edgell I think) some baked beans too. I eat real fancy, got the bans in ham sauce.

You are a true gourmet Mr Gut, eating both tins, surely some for young Max? 

Edited by NSWP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Little potato balls that are deep fried, sometimes called potato gems.

I like those, available in Aldi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, brian1 said:

Spot on,and we use minced beef,whereas the Italians use pork.

Depends on the region, or Nonna's individual choice, my lot favour 50/50 pork and veal. Real pork not the stuff squeezes out of a sausage. Then again when I tell people the Spag Bol starts out with Onion, Carrot, and Celery they think I'm weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You are a true gourmet Mr Gut, eating both tins, surely some for young Max? 

Spaghetti is a bit high in carbs and sugar for Max, but a few baked beans smeared on the corner of a piece of toast he goes crazy over, though I think he prefers scrambled egg if he has a choice.

 

i was just telling him this morning over some eggs benny that if he would learn to be a good service dog he could have eggs and baked beans every day on a cruise (thought it might act as an incentive for him).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I like those, available in Aldi.

Haven’t seen them there, potato gems are, but noisettes have a light crumbing on the outside, haven’t seen them in yonks, they used to come in a cardboard box back when Mrs Gut and I were newly weds living in a caravan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...