re meat pies

4 hours ago, banzaii said:

Agreed but I think at the end of several weeks and 11 ODIs each some needs to claim World Champions.Ā  The bizaare count back was just a non event after a great match.

I don't know why wickets were not used as a measure after the batting was tied twice.

Of course the real thing was that the super over was incorrectly counted and it wasn't a tie after all.

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

I can't believe that the 2 premiership candidates have promised to knight Ben Stokes if elected.What about Lewis Hamilton,it's just not cricket old boy,lol.

England did some long term planning to get the winning team. Hundreds of years ago they set about colonising around the world with the sole aim of getting better cricketers that may come back to play for England.

Eoin Morgan, Ben Stokes, Jason Roy and Jofra Archer are the products of this planning and they wouldn't have won with out them.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

England did some long term planning to get the winning team. Hundreds of years ago they set about colonising around the world with the sole aim of getting better cricketers that may come back to play for England.

Eoin Morgan, Ben Stokes, Jason Roy and Jofra Archer are the products of this planning and they wouldn't have won with out them.

Yeah,who needs gold,diamonds,oil,rubber, when you can win at cricket,lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Nope I think itā€™s wrong to decide a match or a completion on the basis of one tiny part of the game, how is that fair to the teamļ»æ that did what the sport calls for in the t8me allocated?

Ā 

. And if ODI matches must be decided on anyth8ng maybe who lost the least wickets to get that score,

I agree, if not playing extra super overs, then why not award the team which lost the least wickets the championship. Seems much fairer than being decided by the number of 4s hit.Ā 

Ā 

Leigh

57 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Exactly, it was the long play that fooled us all.

I googled Stokes,I thought his relos might have been 10 pound poms.They are all Kiwis with a bit of Maori blood thrown in.He got the caps thru residency.Imagine the result if his old man hadn't gone to the UK to coach rugby all those years ago.But would he have got the experience staying in NZ.

14 hours ago, brian1 said:

I googled Stokes,I thought his relos might have been 10 pound poms.They are all Kiwis with a bit of Maori blood thrown in.He got the caps thru residency.Imagine the result if his old man hadn't gone to the UK to coach rugby all those years ago.But would he have got the experience staying in NZ.

Thanks Brian, so back on topic, one reason why the Stokes family returned to NZ was for...Dads Pies.

Ā 

What else but 'Lemb end Vigtable.'Ā šŸ¤£

Ā 

Ā 

lamb-and-roast-vegetable.png

Edited by NSWP

15 hours ago, brian1 said:

I am sure he would have made the side for NZ.

As for Jofra,, the ECC changed their own residency rules just for him.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I am sure he would have made the side for NZ.

As for Jofra,, the ECC changed their own residency rules just for him.

Yes, pre rule chang he would have had to reside in merry olde England for 7 years.Ā  But they moved the goal posts after what 2 years residency? Ā  Howzat !! Cheating Poms.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Yes, pre rule chang he would have had to reside in merry olde England for 7 years.Ā  But they moved the goal posts after what 2 years residency? Ā  Howzat !! Cheating Poms.

Was still playing for the West Indies several years ago

55 minutes ago, banzaii said:

Don't forget apart from these, there was Marcus Trescothick's, Stuart Broad's or Jimmy Anderson's Infractions with ball tampering over the years.

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Don't forget apart from these, there was Marcus Trescothick's, Stuart Broad's or Jimmy Anderson's Infractions with ball tampering over the years.

And the South Africans have a very short memory too.Ā  Faf twice!

Sorry guys,couldn't resist it.Saw a tiny bit of red when Uncle Les mentioned cheating poms.I've no interest in test matches,just the 1 day seemed good.Back to watching F1. Good luck.

36 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Sorry guys,couldn't resist it.Saw a tiny bit of red when Uncle Les mentioned cheating poms.I've no interest in test matches,just the 1 day seemed good.Back to watching F1. Good luck.

There is no ball tampering in the F1 at least.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, brian1 said:

I have the latest technology to help you guys win the ashes,I can post you one if you like.

Screenshot_2019-07-17 18V Cordless Palm Sander R18PS Power Tools Ryobi Tools.png

What is that then young Brian? New type of motor cycle crash helmet?Ā  Or something that fell off an Alien landing in an Essex paddock?Ā šŸ˜†

Edited by NSWP

15 hours ago, brian1 said:

Sorry you were offended Brian, I withdraw my statement then in the interest of Anglo/Australian relations.šŸ¤—Ā  Will I still be allowed to embark Arcadia next March?Ā 

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

What is that then young Brian? New type of motor cycle crash helmet?Ā  Or something that fell off an Alien landing in an Essex paddock?Ā šŸ˜†

It could well be alien as it does "orbit".šŸ˜‰

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Sorry you were offended Brian, I withdraw my statement then in the interest of Anglo/Australian relations.šŸ¤—Ā  Will I still be allowed to embark Arcadia next March?Ā 

No worries,not offended,just banter.You're probably right about the "cheating" system.Where I come from the banter in a pub would probably result in a mass brawl in other areas,lol.