Really Disappointed No Post Cruise Survey

ChucktownSteve

As you probably know we had a great Journey cruise recently. I really wanted to praise a few outstanding crew members. Unfortunately I didn't receive a post cruise survey; although I do receive other emails from AZ. Even my DW, who was the secondary guest, received the survey.

So I emailed Azamara Customer Service two weeks ago. Last week I received a reply: "We are forwarding your e-mail to our Guest Relations Desk, who is in charge of working with these type of post-cruise Surveys, you should get a response shortly."

That's the end of the story. Have others experienced the same?

I received a survey, although Azamara probably wishes I hadn't. My DH's email isn't on file with them, I don't think, so it would have only come to me.

Maybe just use the regular "Contact Us" email address for Guest Relations?

As you probably know we had a great Journey cruise recently. I really wanted to praise a few outstanding crew members. Unfortunately I didn't receive a post cruise survey; although I do receive other emails from AZ. Even my DW, who was the secondary guest, received the survey.

So I emailed Azamara Customer Service two weeks ago. Last week I received a reply: "We are forwarding your e-mail to our Guest Relations Desk, who is in charge of working with these type of post-cruise Surveys, you should get a response shortly."

That's the end of the story. Have others experienced the same?

In our experience, you will receive one questionnaire per couple. For some reason, probably a mistake I made, the primary contact on our account is now my wife and, indeed, she now receives the survey.

In the past, we have had no difficulty communicating with the LCV Ambassador, and I'm certain that office would be receptive to passing on any accolades you wish to share.

Your comments will be really be appreciated by the identified crew members. It is so important, in fact, that one of the staff asked us for a positive mention. That was an unfortunate misstep on his part.

We never received one either and I also wanted to praise several cruise members. We did have a bit of a glitch on our cruise, and though it certainly didn't prevent us from booking two more with Azamara, we thought perhaps that's why the survey was withheld from us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Off topic, but I just received a questionnaire from Royal Caribbean related to our Azamara cruises and our interest in various ports.

Pleased they wanted my opinion, dutifully filled it out, and at the completion had to pretend I lived in the closest state in the USA: New York (no option for Canadian provinces).

Hope citizens of that state don't mind me claiming that status. :)

Off topic, but I just received a questionnaire from Royal Caribbean related to our Azamara cruises and our interest in various ports.

Pleased they wanted my opinion, dutifully filled it out, and at the completion had to pretend I lived in the closest state in the USA: New York (no option for Canadian provinces).

I had the same questionnaire, after spending 10 minutes filling it in it asked which state I lived in. As I live in the U.K., this was not appropriate but I could not proceed without choosing a state. I closed it down. A complete waste of my time.

I also failed to receive a post cruise survey after one of my cruises earlier this year when I travelled solo.

Why? All feedback, both positive and negative (providing it's constructive) should have value.

Phil

Well, I noticed when I posted here about my thoughts on our cruise, Bonnie didn't invite me to post a review as she does on those threads that have nothing but compliments. And my comments weren't really received well here, either, where people have no skin in the game.

But I hope that the things that can be addressed, such as some service issues, or our dining experiences, are considered. And that they take the good feedback and share it.

Well, I noticed when I posted here about my thoughts on our cruise, Bonnie didn't invite me to post a review as she does on those threads that have nothing but compliments. And my comments weren't really received well here, either, where people have no skin in the game.

But I hope that the things that can be addressed, such as some service issues, or our dining experiences, are considered. And that they take the good feedback and share it.

Hopefully your thoughts and comments will be passed on. It's not all the positives that help. It's the "could do better" as well. Sometimes it's an isolated issue, but other times it could be a process that can be worked on.

Phil

Same here - I chose New York too, as no options other than US states.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are honored that Canadian and UK citizens are claiming NY residence. Please forward your taxes to Albany! ;p

I personally contributed to your taxes when, as young lads, we slipped across the border to enjoy the younger age for legal drinking. Makes me still nostalgic for Genesse Beer.

I personally contributed to your taxes when, as young lads, we slipped across the border to enjoy the younger age for legal drinking. Makes me still nostalgic for Genesse Beer.

Oh, my.... I'm guessing your tastes have changed over the years :)

I grew up in Pennsylvania, about an hour south of the NY border, and remember on prom night many couples would drive to NY for dinner to be able to drink with dinner because it seemed so grown up (opposed to a keg in the woods). Looking back, I'm amazed there were never any accidents!

Well, I had to go back and check the thread, but I posted what I took to be a very positive review on the same cruise and Bonnie did not invite me to post a review either.

What to think of this?

a/ Newcruisermom, Chucktown Steve, and Allison James have all recently set the bar rather high on how to review a cruise. Perhaps I need to sharpen my skills.

OR

b/ The review wasn't as laudatory as I thought.

OR

c/ Bonnie has other, far more important matters on which to attend, and the post cruise questionnaire is a better vehicle to detail our views.

To protect my self-image I'll opt for c/ although I have to admit a/ holds more than a grain of truth.

I agree with Phil, I think Azamara attempts to constantly collect and listen to suggestions to improve their product.

Your experience has suggested an alternate interpretation but I don't think Bonnie should be included in your criticism.

Oh, my.... I'm guessing your tastes have changed over the years :)

I grew up in Pennsylvania, about an hour south of the NY border, and remember on prom night many couples would drive to NY for dinner to be able to drink with dinner because it seemed so grown up (opposed to a keg in the woods). Looking back, I'm amazed there were never any accidents!

Sadly, as you can probably tell, sophistication in taste is not my strong suit. A "Jenny" and a pizza was considered a highlight of the weekend and I'd still be up for that!

Although, given our rather loutish nature, I think the ad with the picture and tagline "Ask For Jenny" might have had an undue influence on those tastes.

Drinking in New York State became such an issue that, if stopped by the police, we had to provide evidence that we had been drinking "cross the border".

And my sincere apologies for going wildly off topic.

We are honored that Canadian and UK citizens are claiming NY residence. Please forward your taxes to Albany! ;p

Just think of it as helping to pay my salary so that I can cruise more with you wonderful helpful Azamara cruisers.

Denise

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Your experience has suggested an alternate interpretation but I don't think Bonnie should be included in your criticism.

It wasn't a criticism, simply an observation based on the last two reviews I happened to read on the board.

Possibly it was because you've already written reviews for Azamara, and maybe the others haven't?

In our experience, you will receive one questionnaire per couple. For some reason, probably a mistake I made, the primary contact on our account is now my wife and, indeed, she now receives the survey.

In the past, we have had no difficulty communicating with the LCV Ambassador, and I'm certain that office would be receptive to passing on any accolades you wish to share.

Your comments will be really be appreciated by the identified crew members. It is so important, in fact, that one of the staff asked us for a positive mention. That was an unfortunate misstep on his part.

No mistake that I can see.:p

We always get two surveys, perhaps because we have different last names.

Holy moly! Whereas some are speculating I was requesting cruise reviews based on certain qualities (qualitative); that thought didn't occur to me.

The truth is I was thinking more quantitatively...about the number of reviews Azamara receives on CC. It seems we are not keeping industry pace. (Ok, in our defense with 2 smaller ships we have fewer potential review-writers than the bigger lines with bigger ships.)

You may have noticed back on 7/19 I put a poll on Azamara Asks asking "Have you ever written a cruise review on Cruise Critic?"

[To date we only have 5 votes, and 3 are no :(. I was hoping to get more feedback; esp. if the answer is no, on why not. Here's the thread if you want to weigh in: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2523328]

I also thought I'd now and then politely ask for a review. But I see now that that can be misinterpreted (granted due to my own unconscious bias) so I will knock it off!

P.s. we would appreciate more reviews on Cruise Critic ;)

Azamara Journey

Azamara Quest