Next sale Vista deposit?

helene109

Carnival rarely has real sale prices, if they offer OBC, they raise the cruise price to cover the amount of OBC.

If they lower the deposit required, expect the price to be the same as when full deposit is required.

Cruise demand is so robust, Carnival doesn't need to lower prices so they lower deposits or finagle OBC/higher cost without lowering net price.

Book early, that's the way to get the best price. Prices steadily rise as the cruise gets closer.

Didn't even think of all those thanks, how does everyone plan so far ahead with work vacation schedules? My husband picks his in November so torn what to do

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Book Past Guest Rate, then when you know you can go for sure, switch to ES if it's still available.

Vista & Horizon are Carnival's flagships - if you're looking for $75 deposits on Vista, not gonna happen.

Here is the restrictions text from current $75 deposit sale: $75 per person deposit is applicable to 2-9 day sailings excluding Alaska, Vista and Horizon sailings. $150 per person deposit is applicable to all Vista and Horizon Caribbean sailings,

Don't forget that reduced deposits are tied to Early Saver. So many people don't read/ask about the fine print then gripe when they lose money and can't get their deposit refunded when plans change.

Not ALWAYS only on ES fares only.....you are way too negative about Early Savers...there are many of us who use it and LIKE it, and have read the 'fine print'. We have profited greatly on some cruises by booking ES and getting reductions (OBC) right up to a few days prior to sailing!!!

Not ALWAYS only on ES fares only.....you are way too negative about Early Savers...there are many of us who use it and LIKE it, and have read the 'fine print'. We have profited greatly on some cruises by booking ES and getting reductions (OBC) right up to a few days prior to sailing!!!

As of late, yes they ARE tied to ES. I'm not always negative about ES as I use it sometimes myself. What is tiring is people coming on here complaining that they have to pay a penalty for substituting people, changing cruise dates, or mad as a hornet because their deposits aren't refundable and are to be held for a future cruise to be used within 2 years. Plenty of people DON'T read the fine print and that's why I brought it up.

I used to profit greatly from ES a few years ago when you practically had to beg to be booked with that rate. Now their specials including future cruises from sailing are all linked to ES. Wonder why that is? Because Carnival is making a fortune off of cancel/change fees and they know prices aren't going to drop drastically the overwhelming majority of the time so they won't need to price match.

I have nothing personal against ES so don't twist what I say. It is a simple buyer beware. If you are willing to accept the risks that go with it, then by all means do so. I haven't seen an ES price drop on any of my cruises in probably 2 years. If you want the best deals, book early. But be educated in what rate you are under. Many times PG is only $20pp more and that may be better for some people's situations. That is all.

• 1 month later...

a reduced deposit sale just released $50 deposit call your travel agent Early Saver is great if you are a regular cruiser and cancel you should have no problem using the deposit on another sailing. If all else fails buy travel insurance either way you may be out some money if you cancel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just tried to book the vista as it is coming to Galveston in 2018. He deposit was 150.00 pp. I actually booked the freedom and it was 50.00 pp . I could not justify the prices on the vista yet for my off season trip. The price for vista was about 3 times the price I paid for my cruise this October so I will wait.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looking at booking the Vista now and it has $150 deposits which I think is about as cheap as you ever see for the Vista. Still better than $250 per person for my family of 4.

After the Horizon comes out the Vista will no longer be the new kid on the block and will get same treatment as rest of the fleet.

I have nothing personal against ES so don't twist what I say. It is a simple buyer beware. If you are willing to accept the risks that go with it, then by all means do so. I haven't seen an ES price drop on any of my cruises in probably 2 years. If you want the best deals, book early. But be educated in what rate you are under. Many times PG is only $20pp more and that may be better for some people's situations. That is all.

I agree with everything you said. We booked the last two ES.. and I will not be doing that again. We just booked the Horizon the other day, and the PG was, as you said, only $20 p/p more. That allows me to change my mind to another ship/sail date should something better come up.