RCCL Visa points?

JAMESCC

I have a RCCL Visa card with nearly 23,000 points on it. I want to cash it in for OBC for our cruise Sept 28th Anthem OS. I assume we can turn that into OBC? What does 23,000 points translate to in OBC? I guess we just call BOA because we closed all our accounts with them except for a few CCs. Thanks for any info.

Haven't used RC points for a while. If I remember correctly it used to be 10,000 points for $100. Good idea to cash in as they do expire. Also, would keep a copy of the point redemption as it just shows up on your account - usually after a day or so. I would also do it now if you are sailing in September.

5,000 pts. = $50

10,000 pts. = $100

15,000 pts. = $150

25,000 pts. = $250

You can combine a redemption for the same cruise - Example 15,000 pts + 5,000 pts. = $200

Here's the link to the pdf file: http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/visa/royal_rewards_chart_10_05_2016.pdf

Ok cool. I have nearly 23,000 points so if I can get just 200 OBC I'll be extremely happy. Have to call BOA on Tuesday. I hate calling them but I guess I'll have to. Thanks for the info everyone.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Ok cool. I have nearly 23,000 points so if I can get just 200 OBC I'll be extremely happy. Have to call BOA on Tuesday. I hate calling them but I guess I'll have to. Thanks for the info everyone.

I remember using this link to redeem my points: https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

I remember using this link to redeem my points: https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

Thanks, I found that link this morning. It takes you to the BOA site where you have to login and I don't have a login in anymore I don't think because we closed all our accounts, just have a few CCs from them.

Thanks, I found that link this morning. It takes you to the BOA site where you have to login and I don't have a login in anymore I don't think because we closed all our accounts, just have a few CCs from them.

Is the CC account active? If so, you should be able to create an online account.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the credit to show up on your account? We redeemed points and it hasn't shown up yet. Just curious in how long it takes.

I cashed in 10,000 for $100 OBC in April finally showed up end of June. Cashed in 10,000 August showed up a few hours later. No set time just when they get to it.

You don't use your bank account info to log into that, you set up an online account for your cc and you use that info.

I cashed in 10,000 at the beginning of August and it took almost a month for it to show in my cruise planner. It was the first time so I called them and they said that it had to be entered manually and depends on how soon you are sailing. It will be in your cruise planner between your order history and your cart at the top right hand corner. I got the card just for the $100 OBC. It was a no-brainer.

I have redeemed points both online and on the phone, as recently as a few weeks ago for an 8/21 cruise. I was told that the on board credit should appear on my account one week before sailing and if not..., I should call back. In both cases, I rec'd an e-mail confirmation of the transaction, confirming the redemption.

Nancy

Does anyone know how long it takes for the credit to show up on your account? We redeemed points and it hasn't shown up yet. Just curious in how long it takes.

They apply the redemptions in order of cruise date, so if your cruise is very far in the future, you may not see the OBC posted for months.

I cashed in 10,000 at the beginning of August and it took almost a month for it to show in my cruise planner. It was the first time so I called them and they said that it had to be entered manually and depends on how soon you are sailing. It will be in your cruise planner between your order history and your cart at the top right hand corner. I got the card just for the $100 OBC. It was a no-brainer.

Really? My experience has been that a couple of weeks is far enough ahead of time (I haven't redeemed since it shows up as spendable pre-cruise). I just redeemed points for OBC on our 9/17 cruise...I hope we get the OBC!

If I book with a travel agent, where will I find my redeemed points for OBC listed?

Visa points redeemed for OBC will show up in your Cruise Planner, whether or not you use a travel agent. However, they apply the redemption to bookings in order of cruise date so if a cruise is far in the future, the OBC may not appear for months.

We cashed in 15,000 points to reduce the cruise price by $150. We already had an OBC of $150 and would rather get the price down. Will have to check with my travel agent to make sure it got credited. I did print a confirmation e-mail I got from BOA saying credit was being applied to remaining unpaid cruise fare balance.

Yeah CC is active, I use it every week. It's my gas card that earns me points for cruises OBC. That's how I look at it.

There is MUCH better gas cards that will give you substantially more cash for your cruise than the RCI card. The Royal card is about as bad as it gets, unfortunately. Even a 2% cash back card would give you $400 instead of $200. If you are just using the card for gas, maybe consider a cash back card that has a higher rate for gas, some are 3% - 5% - you are currently getting 1%.

There is MUCH better gas cards that will give you substantially more cash for your cruise than the RCI card. The Royal card is about as bad as it gets, unfortunately. Even a 2% cash back card would give you $400 instead of $200. If you are just using the card for gas, maybe consider a cash back card that has a higher rate for gas, some are 3% - 5% - you are currently getting 1%.

Ok thanks.