Question re: TA (travel agents ... not trans-Atlantic) :)

SleepingUgly

Hello:

Just wanted to see what you may consider to be "reasonable" in expecting a response from your TA? I generally don't use one but do admit this will be our first cruise in @ 10 years, and for all our other travels, I would book everything on my own. But I was told it's best to use a TA to book a cruise. Anyway, I currently have a cruise booked with a TA for next summer. I emailed her over the weekend and asked if she can price out another option for me, on another cruise line. She said she would get back to me on Tuesday, after the holiday weekend. Well, here it is, Wednesday afternoon, and I still haven't heard back from her yet. I emailed her yesterday afternoon to check on status, and still no answer. I don't want to jump to any conclusions but her lack of response is a bit concerning to me. Should I check out pricing with another TA then, or is that considered to be a no-no in the industry? I'm also cognizant of her having a family emergency or something like that, but also don't want to be in limbo here and maybe miss out on staterooms that I really want.

Any insight / thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hello:

Just wanted to see what you may consider to be "reasonable" in expecting a response from your TA? I generally don't use one but do admit this will be our first cruise in @ 10 years, and for all our other travels, I would book everything on my own. But I was told it's best to use a TA to book a cruise. Anyway, I currently have a cruise booked with a TA for next summer. I emailed her over the weekend and asked if she can price out another option for me, on another cruise line. She said she would get back to me on Tuesday, after the holiday weekend. Well, here it is, Wednesday afternoon, and I still haven't heard back from her yet. I emailed her yesterday afternoon to check on status, and still no answer. I don't want to jump to any conclusions but her lack of response is a bit concerning to me. Should I check out pricing with another TA then, or is that considered to be a no-no in the industry? I'm also cognizant of her having a family emergency or something like that, but also don't want to be in limbo here and maybe miss out on staterooms that I really want.

For me, personally, I'd prefer an agent who is reachable. If not him/her directly, at least someone in the agency 24/7.

You certainly can go to another TA to book another trip. No reason you HAVE to always use the same TA. Or even use a TA at all, if you're comfortable enough to book the cruise yourself, directly with the cruise line.

Sounds like you should be looking for another TA.

We have one whom we are able to go and see as well as call her on the phone.

At the start of each business week -- Mondays -- before anyone talks to her, she lists the days of the week and the hours she will be working. So we know when she is at work. If we do leave a message, she gets back to us within a couple of hours with the information we have requested.

It took us a while before we found a great TA and we have had her for over 26 years.

One of the reasons I switched to a different travel agency for our cruise last month was that I did not get a timely response from the travel agent who booked our previous cruise. I had liked him a lot for that cruise. Since we book our cruises at the last minute--after the final payment date--we don't have time to wait. Prices can go up in an instant--or a cruise can even sell out without much warning.

TA' s need time off like everyone else , and to gain personal cruise product knowledge .

The Good TA's will have their communications covered by another agent when they are not available to respond .

Find one , they are out there . Many work from home for large online agencies that specialize in Cruises .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello:

I'm surprised no one has asked, but WHERE is your TA located? If Houston or Florida the delay becomes a little more reasonable, as the former has had, and the latter is expecting, some showers and breeziness.