Flight question

JP-Cruise

Hello, I will be going on my first cruise with Princess, very excited! I've never been in princess before. How long does it take to get off the boat on the last day of the cruise? My cruise ends at Vancouver, it arrives there at 7:30am. I found a return flight home departing Vancouver at 11:10pm. Would I make it or should I get a later flight? If so, what time does anyone suggest?

Thanks in advance

JP

Hello, I will be going on my first cruise with Princess, very excited! I've never been in princess before. How long does it take to get off the boat on the last day of the cruise? My cruise ends at Vancouver, it arrives there at 7:30am. I found a return flight home departing Vancouver at 11:10pm. Would I make it or should I get a later flight? If so, what time does anyone suggest?

Thanks in advance

JP

You must mean 11:10am, if so that might be pushing it a bit. May not get off the ship until 9-9:30am then you have Customs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks in advance

JP

Did you mean 11:10 AM...?

It depends. Do you have only carry-on bags? Are you going to walk off the ship with your bags? Do you have NEXUS to speed through customs at port and through airport security?

Do you have any airline status that speeds things for you? If have ability to straight to security, priority line access, and no bags to check and are pre-checked in, then things are different than if you have to wait for picking up bags at pier and get in line at airport to check in etc?

If you do the first self walk off group with your luggage that should be ok.

Take a cab. Its about 25 minutes.

I would leave your flight alone.

Can I choose to be in the first self walk off group? Oh I didn't book the flight yet. I just found it and it's insanely cheap. Including my flight from home to Fairbanks, Alaska. It's 430 bucks. So cheap!!

Can I choose to be in the first self walk off group? Oh I didn't book the flight yet. I just found it and it's insanely cheap. Including my flight from home to Fairbanks, Alaska. It's 430 bucks. So cheap!!

Sorry. My mistake it's not 430. It's 715 bucks. Still a good price though

If you do the first self walk off group with your luggage that should be ok.

Take a cab. Its about 25 minutes.

I would leave your flight alone.

Agree. Especially if you have certified customs screening like NEXUS or GLOBAL ENTRY.

You just request the early walk-off when you fill out a debarkation form on the ship (it's left in your cabin about 1/2 way through the cruise and kind of depressing - lol)... indicate you have the early flight.

Agree. Especially if you have certified customs screening like NEXUS or GLOBAL ENTRY.

You just request the early walk-off when you fill out a debarkation form on the ship (it's left in your cabin about 1/2 way through the cruise and kind of depressing - lol)... indicate you have the early flight.

Okay thanks! And oh my gosh is it ever depressing! The second last day of the cruise I always feel it :( lol

Whatever flight you pick make sure you enter it/information in the "provide independent air" travel arrangements section in your booking on the personalizer. It helps staff onboard with assigning disembarkation times.

Go to the passenger services desk during your cruise to make sure you get the early group.

Whatever flight you pick make sure you enter it/information in the "provide independent air" travel arrangements section in your booking on the personalizer. It helps staff onboard with assigning disembarkation times.

Go to the passenger services desk during your cruise to make sure you get the early group.

Oh okay thanks Keith. And Steelers, I do not have a NEXUS card, will this create a profile for catching that 11:10am flight ?

Thanks in advance

JP

Since you are new at this, I would suggest checking to see if you can get a very cheap flight the next day, spend a day in Vancouver it is a nice city. Folks who tell you can do it walking off early, that is if you carry all your own luggage.. I advise either take a later flight or stay over night and get a cheaper flight the next day.

When we went to Vancouver we stayed a couple days... enjoy our visit a lot.

Oh okay thanks Keith. And Steelers, I do not have a NEXUS card, will this create a profile for catching that 11:10am flight ?

JMHO Without a speedy way like Nexus or Global Entry to help you get thru Customs I wouldn't chance it, even getting off early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still with Keith on this one, especially if passenger is already checked in and has no baggage and goes right to CBP. If among first off, will be at YVR plenty early and it is efficient airport.

For the poster who mentioned international, flying between Canada and USA is not considered "international" in the sense you are thinking. Because of the high frequency and volume of travel between our two countries, there is special dedicated US pre-clearance in all major Canadian airports. It's about as close to flying domestic as you can get. And flying from US to Canada is exactly like domestic as no customs involved in the US departure airport. Canadian flights are mixed in the gates with US flights and you clear customs in Canada.

If you really want a more detailed answer, then mention your airline and what the baggage situation will be. Does your airline have kiosk check-in where you self-serve? Are you going right to security with your bags? All bags go through US CBP first and then anything checked is dropped on the belt and then you go through CATSA (Cdn TSA). You should also provide day of week flying as that affects amount of cross-border traffic.

I'm still with Keith on this one, especially if passenger is already checked in and has no baggage and goes right to CBP. If among first off, will be at YVR plenty early and it is efficient airport.

For the poster who mentioned international, flying between Canada and USA is not considered "international" in the sense you are thinking. Because of the high frequency and volume of travel between our two countries, there is special dedicated US pre-clearance in all major Canadian airports. It's about as close to flying domestic as you can get. And flying from US to Canada is exactly like domestic as no customs involved in the US departure airport. Canadian flights are mixed in the gates with US flights and you clear customs in Canada.

If you really want a more detailed answer, then mention your airline and what the baggage situation will be. Does your airline have kiosk check-in where you self-serve? Are you going right to security with your bags? All bags go through US CBP first and then anything checked is dropped on the belt and then you go through CATSA (Cdn TSA). You should also provide day of week flying as that affects amount of cross-border traffic.

Right. It is a domestic flight. I'm flying from Vancouver to Toronto. Ya I'm considering taking a later fight at night so I can do the capilano suspension bridge. That is something I think I would hate to miss. When I was on my Norwegian cruise last July they gave us the declaration card to fill out on the ship so I didn't go through customs. Just checked in on the kiosk and boarded the plane. So I'll only have 1 luggage with me so would there be a place to lock my luggage at the Vancouver airport before I do my Vancouver tour?

Right. It is a domestic flight. I'm flying from Vancouver to Toronto. Ya I'm considering taking a later fight at night so I can do the capilano suspension bridge. That is something I think I would hate to miss. When I was on my Norwegian cruise last July they gave us the declaration card to fill out on the ship so I didn't go through customs. Just checked in on the kiosk and boarded the plane. So I'll only have 1 luggage with me so would there be a place to lock my luggage at the Vancouver airport before I do my Vancouver tour?

Ok, well if you have an excuse to see something locally, by all means do it.

I don't think you will find any airport - in North America at least - that still has public lockers. They have been gone since at least 9/11 - or even before that.

I think you will be able to drop it off with AC or WJ. I know it will be early, but they might accept it if you explain the situation. You will be checked in. Otherwise, you don't have much choice. And if it's the carry on you mean, well no good option there.

Although .. if you were a high status flyer, which I gather not the case, I'd have another idea or two.

If the OP decides to try the earlier flight and does not get put into the very first walk off group, he can go to the guest services desk and try to be switched to the first group. Do this as soon as you get your walk off assignment. I agree Vancouver is a really nice city and we enjoyed our time there arriving 3 days early for our AK cruise.

I think you should be able to make the flight with no problem.

As others suggested, request to be in an early walkoff group and take a cab to the airport.

Since you are taking a domestic Canadian flight, you will not need to go through USA immigration at the airport which can take a while.