Tell us how Great Liberty is going to be!

EBFURR

Sailed on September 3rd and we Loved this ship!

The staff was amazing! We were surprised how they would remember your name each time they saw you and if it was just a passer by, they would acknowledge you with a friendly Hello!

Catch the Playlist shows! They both were AWESOME! The Hasbro Game Show was fun also. Chris "Donkey" Salazar was a very energetic CD. Catch the Dr Suess Storytime & parade. It was fun to watch.

BAR B QUE Back of the ship on the deck above the Lido. Very Good and never was busy.

ENJOY it ALL!

Okay, we just got off the Ecstasy a week back and we have Liberty coming up on Oct. 15. As (finally) empty nesters with two wonderful grown children we are able to cruise a little more. This will be our 3rd Carnival cruise (all this year) and we are super excited. We have adjusted to the Carnival experience after many years of Royal and we are liking it. A lot. To help us cope with the anticipation can some of you guys tell us from your experiences what we are going to love about Liberty? Any tips, hints, secret rituals, etc. would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Liberty will be much better.

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed in May and really enjoyed it. We were on the Lido deck in a balcony.

Do go to Blue Iguana for the breakfast burritos. They were delicious!

We ate one night at the specialty restaurant and it was wonderful. The food was amazing and the service was excellent. we were so stuffed when we left.

If you did not book a tour in Nassau I recommend the Rum Runner Tour. You would have to book it yourself through Islandz Tours. It was well worth it. We had so much fun and Orchid was an amazing guide.

We were on 9/17 - 9/21. The ship is well laid out and it is easy to get around.

I had a couple of problems. I asked for a Reuben sandwich in the deli one afternoon and there was no sauerkraut and the meat was all in the center. AND, there was not pickle. C'mon, no pickle with a deli sandwich?

The area around the Versailles Pool (aft deck 9) was dirty. "Stuff" that had been there for days was along the ledges. Forward a bit in the buffet area, the tables were not properly cleaned. The dishes and stuff were removed, but the tables were not wiped properly. Again, the housekeeping was lacking, ledges along the windows and the space under the arm rests on the chairs were filthy. Beware.

I am a bourbon drinker, the lobby bar had one and it was not very good. Lots of vodka bottles, but otherwise the selection was minimal.

Our cabin was clean, but I had a problem with the light in the central a/c duct. It shown through the vent with lots of little holes and whenever I turned over in the night, I went from light to dark to light.

Biggest issue was in the dining room. Appetizers and salad/soup courses all came at the same time. One night, I was presented the wrong entree and the waiter looked as though I was nuts. My wife told him what I had ordered and he did not take away the wrong item!!! Eventually, I got the right dish, but he still did not like the idea of taking away the wrong one. And then they wanting us to celebrate our anniversary about 6 weeks early. We demurred, but they insisted. Bad way to do business.The food was good, but not presented properly.

It is a good ship, they just need better leadership on board. Too many departments have failures.

And, these comments come after more than 400 days in the past 20 years. This was our 4th Carnival cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
We were tossing up Liberty and Sunshine. But, I just saw so many bad reviews of Sunshine, that I did not even give it much thought. Then, after I booked Liberty, I was looking at Sunshine in more detail, and almost regret booking Liberty!!

I just got off Liberty yesterday, and sailed Sunshine last year. I enjoyed the Sunshine, but if I had to pick one or the other, I'd pick Liberty in a heart beat. Loved our cruise this past week. The MDR food was EXCELLENT! The layout of Liberty is better than Sunshine in my opinion. I didn't notice any yucky smells on Liberty, and there were a few on Sunshine.

It's been a few years since we were on the Liberty, but she is our favorite so far. We did a 7 day Eastern and enjoyed every minute! Great crew, good layout, lots of dining choices, and it never felt crowded. DW and I both want to cruise on her again in the near future.

We, too, were on the Liberty this week. We really liked the ship a lot. Our cabin was a good size, seemed a bit larger than Elation & Ecstasy cabins and nice decor. We really enjoyed the food offerings on the lido deck, the buffet was good, Guys burgers was FABULOUS!, Blue Iguana was DELISH and the BBQ was super tasty!

Entertainment was very enjoyable, all the staff we came in contact with was very polite, pleasant & professional. Overall we had a great cruise, even if the weather didn't cooperate! I'd sail on the Liberty again!

Liberty Dec 10. Surprise for the wife. Got a balcony on Panorama deck. Just ordered Deep Tissue Massage for two the day we sail. I want her to really be able to wind-down and de-stress. We live in Florida, so we will get up early, drive to the port, park and settle in on the boat. Can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

We got back last week. Liberty was our favorite ship so far. We loved the layout and decor. We were not impressed at all with the main dining but everything else was great. Do not miss the violin trio in the atrium lobby. You have to hear it to believe it. If you want to eat at the steakhouse book early since it sells out. We sprung for the hot stones massages; it was the best we have ever had and we have had a lot. It is pricey but worth it. My wife has had hot stone massages before but says this one is different and much better. The only time we saw a line of more than a couple of people at Guys was on boarding day just after it opened. The deli was never very crowded and very good. Expect a wait at Pizza Pirate. Find the barbecue place above the buffet. Early on there was hardly anyone in there but it got more crowded as more people found it. Pretty good stuff. We did not go to any production shows but the comedy shows were very good. Go a little early as it gets very full at showtime. The Serenity area is two levels and is very nice. We always found a clam shell or hammock. Look for the two chaise loungers on the promenade; best seats inside the ship. Alchemy was outstanding. Consider staying on board at one of the ports or coming back early. The ship is mostly empty and it is a good time to try the pools, hot tubs, and water slide. We will definitely do Liberty again.

You are going to have a very, very good cruise! I can guarantee that! And believe me, it is going to be a very, very big success! You are going to be winning, huge, bigly! I don't seem to be able to pack enough superlatives into this reply. Covfefe.

:D