Website -- Want to Pull Your Hair Out

ggo85

Trying to review/book shore excursions through cruise planner. When switching from one port day to another, the system invariably locks up ("loading" spins for a couple of minutes). When I try to stop it in any way, I get a message stating that, "for privacy reasons," the system will lock me out for 20 minutes. This is about the 20th time this has happened in the last couple of months.

I'm a huge fan of security and privacy, BUT . . . when your system doesn't work well, locking out people who want to pay you money to book stuff doesn't seem to be very good customer service. Yes, I can go back in 20 minutes and start over. But after going through this (literally) 20 times, it's getting old.

Trying to review/book shore excursions through cruise planner. When switching from one port day to another, the system invariably locks up ("loading" spins for a couple of minutes). When I try to stop it in any way, I get a message stating that, "for privacy reasons," the system will lock me out for 20 minutes. This is about the 20th time this has happened in the last couple of months.

I'm a huge fan of security and privacy, BUT . . . when your system doesn't work well, locking out people who want to pay you money to book stuff doesn't seem to be very good customer service. Yes, I can go back in 20 minutes and start over. But after going through this (literally) 20 times, it's getting old.

I feel for you. Just spent a very long time trying to do the same thing. So frustrating! Then I tried to order luggage tags. Finally gave up and called Captains Club.

RCI/Celebrity do systems maintenance on Sat &. Sunday so I try and avoid doing anything on the website on the weekend.

Last Friday got notice that Edocs were ready. Saturday I checked then & travel arrangement were all screwed up. Made a note to call on Monday to get things corrected. Checked Edocs last Monday before I called and travel arrangements were correct.

I've found the browser type to make some difference. IE seems to work fine with the Celebrity site but not so much with RCL - for them Chrome or Firefox are better. I do have to wonder, though, if the developers for the new sites have any experience with the cruise industry as navigation for both sites is not at all intuitive. Of course, when you contract with a firm that uses the cheapest offshore people they can find you get what you pay for.

I've found the browser type to make some difference. IE seems to work fine with the Celebrity site but not so much with RCL - for them Chrome or Firefox are better. I do have to wonder, though, if the developers for the new sites have any experience with the cruise industry as navigation for both sites is not at all intuitive. Of course, when you contract with a firm that uses the cheapest offshore people they can find you get what you pay for.
I had success on IE until recently but now the website doesn't seem to work on any of my browsers. I'm trying to access the Cruise Planner to book shore excursions and get caught up in a loop of logging in, going to My Reservations, clicking on Manage Reservation, clicking on Cruise Planner and then .... right back to My Reservations. If I click on Cruise Planner again, nothing happens. I have found a shore excursion document which I'm told I can download however, I see no way to download it. I can share it on FB, like I'd want to do that or I can print it or email it. So incredibly frustrating.

I had success on IE until recently but now the website doesn't seem to work on any of my browsers. I'm trying to access the Cruise Planner to book shore excursions and get caught up in a loop of logging in, going to My Reservations, clicking on Manage Reservation, clicking on Cruise Planner and then .... right back to My Reservations. If I click on Cruise Planner again, nothing happens. I have found a shore excursion document which I'm told I can download however, I see no way to download it. I can share it on FB, like I'd want to do that or I can print it or email it. So incredibly frustrating.

Yup, I've had most of that also. If travel agents didn't do most of X's work for them they would have that website fixed ASAP or they would be out of business. My TA must use a different site because she gets it all done quick. I need to ask her about that!

Yup, I've had most of that also. If travel agents didn't do most of X's work for them they would have that website fixed ASAP or they would be out of business. My TA must use a different site because she gets it all done quick. I need to ask her about that!
I've been calling either the Captain's Club or my Celebrity Vacation Planner to get help. I'm hoping they get so sick of doing things that customers should be able to do on the website that they'll start complaining since it's obvious that our complaints are falling on deaf ears.

Rather than start a new thread, I'll just add my frustration to what is probably the absolute worse website in the travel business. I am totally computer literate and then some and experience nothing but frustration when attempting to navigate the website. I can only hope that he cruise is better.

For me, part of the fun of travel is in the planning. A worthless website only reinforces my desire to not use Celebrity in the future. Never had these issues with Windstar, Oceania, Viking Ocean, etc.

The X website has been a joke for years so that means to me that 98% of their business is conducted thru travel agents, otherwise they would be out of business. It also means that, don't count on the website being anything but a joke for a long, long time, otherwise they would have hired a real IT staff years ago.

I would be surprised if, in this day and age, the overwhelming majority of travelers still use a TA. I haven't used one for years, other than for business travel. In the past, TA's could advise on what line or cruise to take and might provide a small onboard gift, such as a bottle of wine or champagne.

Now, with sites like this and the advent of drink packages, I don't know that there's a huge benefit to using a TA, though understand some folks like the convenience of having someone else do the legwork, etc. Still, find it hard to believe it's a majority . . . could well be wrong :o and might be different for travelers outside the US as I know there are differences in bookings, etc.

I would be surprised if, in this day and age, the overwhelming majority of travelers still use a TA. I haven't used one for years, other than for business travel. In the past, TA's could advise on what line or cruise to take and might provide a small onboard gift, such as a bottle of wine or champagne.

Now, with sites like this and the advent of drink packages, I don't know that there's a huge benefit to using a TA, though understand some folks like the convenience of having someone else do the legwork, etc. Still, find it hard to believe it's a majority . . . could well be wrong :o and might be different for travelers outside the US as I know there are differences in bookings, etc.

you're leaving a lot of money on the table if you don't use a TA for your cruises. Lots of OBC from a high volume celebrity TA. Princess and HAL who still allow discounting you can usually count on at least an 8% discount.

It is not a question of whether or not you use a travel agent. I often refer to the cruise line's website sometimes to just check things out, compare itineraries, or just whatever. I'm not going to call my travel agent to ask questions I should be able to answer on a properly designed website.

The website is not instead of a travel agent but to enhance the overall experience. Whatever you say, Celebrity's site is absolutely the worse.

Hi,

I will admit I did not read all the replies but I have found if I use another browser the web site works better. Try Mozilla firefox or chrome.

None of them worked for me yesterday.

Finally it worked this morning, so I checked in for my cruise. No way I am spending this much time to try to book any dining or tours. I will call first.

Have spent 2days trying to access restaurant menus. Blaming my lap top then ipad. Called celebrity about being locked out they suggested I use manage my vacation instead of manage my account.While waiting my 20 minutes to get unlocked again thought I would see what's new on cruise critic. Wish I had seen this thread earlier. Will try again using manage my vacation and see how it works. I always like to see the menus before the cruise,and other things that are happening on the cruise.

Finally able to get into celebrity website without being locked. When I went onto site I did not logon I just clicked onto manage my vacation. Was able to check out restaurants and other things. It does no make sense if you have a cruise booked and you go onto manage my account they lock you out, but when you don’t login you can accomplish everything.:D

A couple of weeks ago I completed check in for our upcoming Equinox cruise. After 30 Celebrity cruises, there is so much information that I STILL have to manually fill in. It took about 30 minutes. Today I completed check in to an upcoming

Princess cruise in 5 minutes. Everything, including our passport information, was already filled in. When it came to ny credit card info, I was asked, "use Richard's Visa?" One click of "yes", & it was done.

And for those who say not to use a TA I would ask why

Would I not want to take advantage of prepaid gratuities or a few hundred dollars OBC? It's like throwing money away.

A couple of weeks ago I completed check in for our upcoming Equinox cruise. After 30 Celebrity cruises, there is so much information that I STILL have to manually fill in. It took about 30 minutes. Today I completed check in to an upcoming

Princess cruise in 5 minutes. Everything, including our passport information, was already filled in. When it came to ny credit card info, I was asked, "use Richard's Visa?" One click of "yes", & it was done.

And for those who say not to use a TA I would ask why

Would I not want to take advantage of prepaid gratuities or a few hundred dollars OBC? It's like throwing money away.

I'm no defender of Celebrity's website. But checking in this week for Solstice was pretty darn quick. It also didn't have our passport info but it pretty much had everything else. I was actually shocked now quick it went given all the other issues with the site. The had a "same as" option which you could pick the name and say yes.

Celebrity has a problem with bookings through TAs. It's been 5 months and they are aware of the problem, but unable to fix it. When I log in and click on my reservations, then click "Travel Arrangements" I get a message that says "please complete booking prior to making travel arrangements." That would seem reasonable, unless one considers the fact that the same message appears for both of my Celebrity cruises, one is paid in full with online check in 100% complete, and one is over a year away. Can't book air, transfers, or hotel through Celebrity. I've done it myself. I can't be the only passenger whose money they've lost. I've been in touch over the last 5 months with Captain's Club multiple times, my TA (who also can't get the website issues resolved), several shore side concierges, the CEO's office and Celebrity IT department. Oh, you'd be interested to know that when I click on Check In and Port Information both of my cruises depart from "USA". Gee...that's so helpful! I guess I'll just drive to the nearest seaside and the ship will stop and pick me up.:eek: