American Cruise Lines disappoints....

SharonWherry

This!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There seems to be a common thread in our society these days and many look for someone to blame when they mess up. too many of us poin t the finger at someone else rather than facing up to the fact we are the one that is to 'blame. ' I do not know if that is he case here but it c ould be Mom and OP know rre the ones at fault and they feel so badly ab out tthe financial loss they want to find someone to blame. I sincerely hope Mom is recovering well

It seems companies, contractors,and workers individuals hardly ever 'own' their mistakes these days.

That's 2 posts today using their first post on cc to complain that due to illness they lost $10k and upset at the cruise line for not allowing a reschedule. Interesting the words are so similar. I booked, got ill, they would not let me reschedule, I will never sail with them again. Note to self to continue buying insurance. It's in the terms and conditions that this risk is ours. I'm sorry it happened to them but it's a buyer beware issue.

Yes I could see that, but shouldn't buying ins or not be the customer's decision. Not the TA, unless the TA already is insuring the customer against the loss.

You keep misreading it. The TA makes a customer who doesn't to buy travel insurance (customer's choice) to make the refusal explicit. The TA is not making the decision, they are protecting themself from a customer coming back later and claiming negligence for not offering it.

Why does your agent "Make" you decline travel ins.? Does she cover your expanses herself/ himself is something happens and you can't go? Otherwise, I think your agent's being a bit high-handed.

While they can't "make" you do so, most travel agents have you sign an "opt out" paper if you decline insurance. That way they are covered if you don't have any and you should have gotten it.

I think the "ta makes us" wordage was just a figure of speech.

I assume all this means is that the agent requires them to sign a waiver saying they have been offered insurance, are declining, and understand the risks. They are protecting themselves from clients coming back later and saying "I wasn't offered insurance," or something similar.

That is the way I interpreted it as well.

That's 2 posts today using their first post on cc to complain that due to illness they lost $10k and upset at the cruise line for not allowing a reschedule. Interesting the words are so similar. I booked, got ill, they would not let me reschedule, I will never sail with them again. Note to self to continue buying insurance. It's in the terms and conditions that this risk is ours. I'm sorry it happened to them but it's a buyer beware issue.

Hmmm....another similar post?

Could it be a troll trying to push travel insurance?

Hmmm....another similar post?

Could it be a troll trying to push travel insurance?

Would it not be more effective to simply say "here's my story of what happened when I decided not to purchase insurance - hope all of you can learn from my mistake", or something similar instead of all the noise about how mistreated they were, etc., etc. The message gets lost in all the deserved criticism.

Just saying.........

Would it not be more effective to simply say "here's my story of what happened when I decided not to purchase insurance - hope all of you can learn from my mistake", or something similar instead of all the noise about how mistreated they were, etc., etc. The message gets lost in all the deserved criticism.

Just saying.........

Yeah – I was trying to be facetious but it got lost in translation…

Sent from my iPhone using Forums