faster to the fun

ktaylor10

booked our first carnival cruise, and started asking tips/suggestions from friends that have cruised before and was told faster to the fun was something to get, well as my cruise if 10/29 I went to purchase the excursion and it's no longer listed. Do they ever add more closer to sail date or did I just miss out??

Thanks for any and all tips.

booked our first carnival cruise, and started asking tips/suggestions from friends that have cruised before and was told faster to the fun was something to get, well as my cruise if 10/29 I went to purchase the excursion and it's no longer listed. Do they ever add more closer to sail date or did I just miss out??

Sometimes Carnival will release more FTTF if they don't have as many platinums and diamonds as they anticipate. But this close to your sail date, I'd say it isn't likely. Good luck and have a great first cruise!

Keep checking. You never know when they are going to be available. We did it once because we were bringing at 18 month old with us and I really wanted access to our room right away. It was nice, but I don't think I'd pay for it again.

Your room will be ready at 130, so not much gain there. Excursions will cancel out priority tendering, if you are going to a tender port.all that's left is getting off the ship a little quicker... I wouldn't worry about it. Either way, happy sailing!

If they get FTTF though they can board before the 1pm they picked so it could still be worth it for that reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your room will be ready at 130, so not much gain there. Excursions will cancel out priority tendering, if you are going to a tender port.all that's left is getting off the ship a little quicker... I wouldn't worry about it. Either way, happy sailing!

If you purchase FTTF, your cabin will be ready befor 1:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep, correct. Hopefully they won't let this worry them and just have fun. I had it once before we turned platinum and I dont feel like I gained that much. Some will like having their luggage earlier, and getting on earlier, but to each their own. To the op, just keep checking, it may come back before you sail. Are you on the breeze?

Sold out.

Yep, correct. Hopefully they won't let this worry them and just have fun. I had it once before we turned platinum and I dont feel like I gained that much. Some will like having their luggage earlier, and getting on earlier, but to each their own. To the op, just keep checking, it may come back before you sail. Are you on the breeze?

On the dream :) kind of nervous and excited

I was able to get FTTF on all but one of my Carnival cruises and it is definitely worth it to my family. It's kind of like the fast pass at Disney. I have no problem paying to skip lines and for my room to be ready as soon as I board so that I can drop off my carry-on luggage.

One time it was sold out when I booked the cruise, but i kept checking and was able to get it when it became available one day.

Definitely keep looking for it. Check multiple times a day if that is an option for you. We are also sailing October 29th (Liberty) and my sister just booked last minute to go with us. She wanted FTTF and it had been sold out but they opened up more and she was able to grab one, so you never know. Some people cancel last minute too.

We always get FTTF, it's worth it to us, to get started on the vacation! :) We always go to the port city the night before, so we are anxious to get on the boat after checking out of the hotel.

Our last cruise we booked last minute and it was sold out. We were all a little nervous since we had never cruised without it. It was perfectly fine- we had maybe a five minute longer wait at the port to board. We never needed to go to customer service, so that was not an issue. And we had no tender ports.

That said, we already got it again for our next carnival cruise. I just like knowing we have the priority line at guest services if needed, getting on the ship early, getting off quicker, etc. It's well worth it for us when we are traveling as a family to have the room ready, etc.

It does. Right now I'm down for a 1pm check in

They don't really seem to hold you to the check in time they say. We always get to the port early.

I wasn't all that impressed with FTTF. The price keeps going up and it doesn't help you all that much. But sometimes they will open up a few more. Check the excursion area often.

They don't really seem to hold you to the check in time they say. We always get to the port early.

Depends on the port. If they have implemented staggered check in you will not be allowed inside the terminal before your scheduled time. New Orleans does check and does enforce it.

I wasn't all that impressed with FTTF. The price keeps going up and it doesn't help you all that much. But sometimes they will open up a few more. Check the excursion area often.

They do now with staggered check in especially in Miami. And on ships where your S&S cards are no longer given in the terminal but in your mailbox outside your cabin, you can’t access your cabin early either. FTTF is great and if I wasn’t Platinum I would continue to get it.

Excursions will cancel out priority tendering, if you are going to a tender port.all that's left is getting off the ship a little quicker... I wouldn't worry about it. Either way, happy sailing!
If you book private excursions in a tender port, then it will come in handy.

I would check twice a day. I have been checking cruises in October and to me it appears CCL may be experiencing some cancellations.

The latest I was able to purchase FTTF was a week before my daughter and her husband cruised.

I would check twice a day. I have been checking cruises in October and to me it appears CCL may be experiencing some cancellations.

The latest I was able to purchase FTTF was a week before my daughter and her husband cruised.

Thank you for this!! There's hope haha!!!