Just in case I get a wonderful upset call ...

Flo71

You won't get an upsell until after final payment. You then will have to pay for it immediately.

Interesting. I was going to say not true, we got an upsell December 22nd. Cruise was March 30, but we paid December 19th (paid early because we were going to be on vacation)

Missed the upsell because we were on a cruise.

So, it was after final payment, but final payment was done early....

Thanks, I had not realized that.

Just got an upsell offer yesterday for our 15 day Nov. 14 Hawaii cruise. Inside to OV...didn't take it.

How much was the upsell offer for? We usually book Inside for our Hawaii cruises. I'm just curious how much an upsell could go for.

Thanks,

We've received one upsell offer out of 20 Princess cruises--5 percent. It was to move from a balcony to a suite for $199 per person. Since it was only a 3-day cruise, I declined. We were doing that cruise back to back with a 4-day one. I thought it would be a let-down to go from a suite on the first cruise to a balcony cabin on the second. If it had been the other way around, I may have taken it. We'll never sail in a suite otherwise.

We've only gotten 1 upsell...and it came about 6 wks before our cruise - which of course, is AFTER final payment (Not saying that they always do that...just saying that's when OUR offer came)

Our Process: The email came and I immediately called to get in line (they call you back...) Then I called DH at work to see if he had any preferences. (Honestly, most of the time, he doesn't care one way or another about most travel decisions...as long as he gets to GET AWAY FROM WORK!!!)

On the website, I went through a 'new booking' process to find available cabins. I did a little bit of research here on CC...and actually contacted a regular here for an email conversation. Then I made a list of 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices.

Several times during the day I would check the website again...the inventory was constantly changing (as I assume others were getting their call-backs and moving around all over the ship ;)) but I only had to change one of MY (1st, 2nd 3rd) choices once when one of them 'disappeared'.

My callback came about 24 hrs later...I immediately opened up the princess website again....as I talked to the lady about what SHE had available. Her inventory was the same as what I was seeing online. I chose my cabin...and they charged the credit card I asked them to charge.

I won't go into the following phone call to Barclay where I had to ask that they please apply double points to this Princess purchase (yes...that seems to be resolved now...but this was 'back in the day' when we had to ask them... then monitor them... to get them to keep their promises :confused:)

I received the new email from PCL with new cabin assignment...and when I checked Personalizer, everything checked out there as well....

Nice offer...Easy Process...and we DID get to choose our cabin and method of payment.

Edited by rgmacm

Do upsells happen on the 15 day Hawaiian cruises? I am hoping for something but not expecting it

Yes - we just returned last week from a 15 day Hawaiian cruise where we got an upsell from a BD balcony on Baja to a MB MiniSuite on Dolphin for $149pp. First time in a mini-suite. Very nice to have the extra room for a 15 day cruise.