Celebrity UK FREE classic drink package. Can we upgrade to Premium

We are going on Italy and greek islands. UK site offered free Classic drinks and 2 person 50% off on Ocean view or above Amazing offer really.

one question;

can we upgrade to the full premium as we like the top shelf vodka etc and if so is it better to do it at sea to avoid addition VAT in Rome

Also tips are included in drinks package i presume and we are paying up from gratuities. would there be any additional costs to upgrade ??

Many thanks

You can upgrade on the website. I just did last week. I think:D

Also some but not all embarkation ports incur extra VAT/sales tax. Would be good to check previous cruises or current roll call perhaps?

Edited by dutchclogs
additonal info

Current cost of upgrading is $11.90 per night ie $10 plus 18% grat. If you have booked in UK the pre cruise pricing will be in GBP. Taking into account exchange rates, this may or may not be better to book before boarding.

I've upgraded before when I'm on the ship and in my view this price is a bargain!

Phil

Just upgraded today our free classic package on the website for our cruise in two weeks. In the cruise planner there was a headline for upgrading and for two of us it was £127.20 for a seven day cruise. Bargain for a cocktail lover!:)

Just upgraded today our free classic package on the website for our cruise in two weeks. In the cruise planner there was a headline for upgrading and for two of us it was £127.20 for a seven day cruise. Bargain for a cocktail lover!:)

Just cannot see where you can upgrade on cruise planner. Thought it might just be a click on premium package which would recognise I already had the classic package but when I did this it was looking to charge over £1600 for the 2 of us on our 14 day cruise i.e. the full price!

Just cannot see where you can upgrade on cruise planner. Thought it might just be a click on premium package which would recognise I already had the classic package but when I did this it was looking to charge over £1600 for the 2 of us on our 14 day cruise i.e. the full price!

The option comes, the option goes - just like our drink packages on the current website :rolleyes:.

We are going on Italy and greek islands. UK site offered free Classic drinks and 2 person 50% off on Ocean view or above Amazing offer really.

one question;

can we upgrade to the full premium as we like the top shelf vodka etc and if so is it better to do it at sea to avoid addition VAT in Rome

Also tips are included in drinks package i presume and we are paying up from gratuities. would there be any additional costs to upgrade ??

Many thanks

The Premium Beverage Package covers all alcoholic drinks up to 13 USD; for a higher priced drink you will need to pay the difference plus 18% of the difference