What is your favorite diamond perk?

I was just on Oasis and the queue was really long it was outside the terminal building .So a guy came a long asking for Diamond members and he took me and a few others right the way a long to the front .Got on the ship fast its nice not having to wait in a long line .

On some ships with a lot of diamond, they open another lounge to cover all of them. This makes a lot more than 3 drinks depending on what you are doing. So the drink thing first, cabin discount second.

The drinks are not counted in the Diamond Lounge anyway. The 3 drink limit is for the lounges outside of the Diamond Lounge.

Just going over the Diamond plus benefits and did not see anything about the discount on a bag of Laundry. Have they discontinued that member benefit. We are doing a B2B and was hoping I could send some items down to the laundry.

Jane

We are D and just got a $10 discount on two bags of laundry we sent down during our 21 day B2B. However, D+ traveling with us got a free bag of laundry each. I hope that it continues because we will be D+ after our cruise next May and could use it next October with our 13 night + land cruise.

Just going over the Diamond plus benefits and did not see anything about the discount on a bag of Laundry. Have they discontinued that member benefit. We are doing a B2B and was hoping I could send some items down to the laundry.

Jane

There is still a free bag of laundry as a D+ benefit. Also you can get $10 off a bag of laundry on sailings of 5 nights or more.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

There is still a free bag of laundry as a D+ benefit. Also you can get $10 off a bag of laundry on sailings of 5 nights or more.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Thanks Ginny & F808,

Have never taken advantage of this benefit before. This is our first diamond plus cruise and 1st B2B. We usually leave out of Cape Liberty which is a 1hr 15 min drive for us so the amount of luggage is not a problem. Have to pack lighter with the luggage fees when flying.

Love all the perks we get .

Jane

Thanks Ginny & F808,

Have never taken advantage of this benefit before. This is our first diamond plus cruise and 1st B2B. We usually leave out of Cape Liberty which is a 1hr 15 min drive for us so the amount of luggage is not a problem. Have to pack lighter with the luggage fees when flying.

Love all the perks we get .

Jane

We have never taken advantage of the free bag of laundry also. We love to do b2b and it should come in handy. The reason is my son and I are sensitive to how the ship does the laundry. It might be the soap they use as my son breaks out in hives. We just bought this portable washing bag called the scrubba. It washes our clothes fine and we get to use tide, which doesnt give my son a rash.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1. Balcony Discount

2. Diamond Lounge

3. 3 Free Drinks

Still an Emerald member with 2 ½ cruises to go before achieving Diamond status (may book a Junior Suite to get there in 2 cruises) and this thread got me thinking about which benefits to look forward to. So, once I reviewed the C&A benefits list, I realized most of the ones I would enjoy the most are at the Diamond PLUS level.

I’m officially bummed now.

Increased Balcony Discount ($225) would have been #1 but as the swinging Thorben-Hendrik mentions, it’s getting harder to use as it’s not combinable. I’ve experience this as well with the Emerald balcony discount ($100).

Probably not the free drinks as I’ll continue to purchase the beverage package. Although the 3 drinks loaded to the seapass card may get me to rethink the math. I usually break-even on the drink package now. It’s really more for convenience than bang-for-the-buck. I like to drink what I want, when I want, where I want and experiment with new drinks.

Diamond lounge. – I like to stay outside as much as possible on a cruise so I don’t know how much I use I get out of this. Maybe on an Alaskan cruise or similar cold weather cruise. I guess I really won’t know until I experience it for myself first hand. I do like a nice, calm breakfast though so this could be a possible #1.

We have so many pic stashed in a drawer somewhere we never purchase them anymore. But Free is for me so #2, maybe

What are some of the sales that diamond balcony discount cannot be combined with? I haven’t experienced any. Perhaps I am just not too good at finding deals and perks.
In the UK they have never allowed obc offers to be combined with Diamond balcony discount.

What are some of the sales that diamond balcony discount cannot be combined with? I haven’t experienced any. Perhaps I am just not too good at finding deals and perks.

Any sale that includes an "instant discount". In other words, say Royal is selling a balcony stateroom for $1000. They decide they want to lower the price for non C&A members, so they add an "instant discount" of $100. This is not combinable with the balcony discount, so they now have a way to extend a discount to non C&A members.

In the UK they have never allowed obc offers to be combined with Diamond balcony discount.

I book from the US and always book directly and I don’t think I have ever had more than $50 OBC. :loudcry:

Any sale that includes an "instant discount". In other words, say Royal is selling a balcony stateroom for $1000. They decide they want to lower the price for non C&A members, so they add an "instant discount" of $100. This is not combinable with the balcony discount, so they now have a way to extend a discount to non C&A members.

Thanks! Now you mention it I remember seeing those. But I usually get better prices when I am logged on and thought the savings were baked in. Guess not.

3 free drinks, Diamond Club, photo, and internet minutes.

Just off a B2B cruise on the Allure. We are Diamond + and for the last couple of years we have used the internet perk of 2 days (48 hours) free by signing in under my name and 2 days later signing in using my wife's name. For some reason on these cruises we had to sign in each day for a 24 hour period. Not a big deal but we were totally confused when trying to sign in for the first time. Thank goodness the Diamond Lounge personnel help explain it to us.

Will my 13 year old daughters also be able to go in the Diamond Lounge? This will be their 2nd RCCL cruise' date=' so they're the same level as me now I believe. I don't suppose they also get freebies/discounts?

Thank you![/quote']

Yes, they can go to the lounge and can be served soft drinks. However they do not get the same coupons you get, in other words, no free 24-hour internet perk.