Obscenely low drop and go rates

CineGraphic

right now this Nov 25 5 day cruise says "Interior from $49 pp", but once you click on the "select a room" link, the interior is $349 pp. I think somebody forgot to change the numbers.

I was able to book the $49 interior/$99 balcony and actually came up with mid-aft. You have to actually keep clicking through, and the lower price will show up.

To good a deal to pass up, but they were going fast this afternoon.

• 5 months later...

Not quite as good as the prices in October, I have seen this ... $399 for 7 days on royal, for the past week, or so...

A little unappealing, as it leaves on a Monday, so if one has limited vacation days, this is not the best.

39217281000_a3a3f42e46_b.jpg

Here I live so close to the port and don't seem to be getting emails. I got the drop and go but once I hit it the prices were $49 per day per person. Maybe Princess is annoyed with me because I questioned their ethics in regards to my purchasing the AIBP and having it changed!!! LOL

Nope. Don't think it's you. We still get nada and we have each signed up for different "Drop & Go' timeslots. Sigh...

Nope. Don't think it's you. We still get nada and we have each signed up for different "Drop & Go' timeslots. Sigh...

I get the all drop'n'go email all the time, including a few days ago.

The recent email hyped 7 day caribbean cruises from $499.

Quite a deal, as I had found $399 on my own.

(posted a could posts back)

I think it's like princess "sales" ... meaningless hype.

I get the all drop'n'go email all the time, including a few days ago.

The recent email hyped 7 day caribbean cruises from $499.

Quite a deal, as I had found $399 on my own.

(posted a could posts back)

I think it's like princess "sales" ... meaningless hype.

Congratulations... I currently have 3 cruises booked, cruised last month, and Inhave received 0 emails. I reregistered.

Leaving on the 10 day Southern Caribbean on the Regal on Friday - booked for $199 pp inside, then upgraded 2 weeks ago to a deluxe balcony for an additional $189 pp. I am so grateful. Hubby and I are tired and stressed out, and we need a vacation! I found it via a Princess email, but it wasn't a D & G.

Princess do a great job in my opinion. Yes some very low deal information gets out on forums like this. However, generally they are targeted offers to good customers. I am based in the uk and their sister company p&o doesn’t do this and just blasts massive mega low pricing across all media sources. It totally undermines the brand, fills the ships with non-cruise lovers because it’s too cheap and upsets everyone. When they have a great business model in princess with targeted reductions I have no idea why p&o do this

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congratulations

Thank you.

I'm sensing your post is sarcastic.

I'm not sure why. I (and I presume anyone can) find a better deal on the princess web site

than what was offered in the stop, drop and roll email.

Edited by pablo222

Thank you.

I'm sensing your post is sarcastic.

I'm not sure why. I (and I presume anyone can) find a better deal on the princess web site

than what was offered in the stop, drop and roll email.

Oh my congratulations is a genuine one and was not sarcastic at all, just typed terse. No I am happy for anyone that finds or catches a deal. I was just pondering how I am missed on emails. We are good customers.My gosh we did the 94 day world cruise in 2015 and had 2018 booked when my husband had to have his kidney removed one month b4 date. Like I said we have 3 booked now and came off the regal in March. Hubby is getting his feet wet again!

I was just pondering how I am missed on emails. We are good customers.

I think princess sends email based on a lot of factors ... like whether one has any cruises

booked, or not.

You can always look here:

https://book.princess.com/html/global/cruisedeals/last-minute-cruise-deals/

But, I think they tailor what you see after you log in.

We were looking to book in December 2018 and didn't get any drop and go rates.. How do you get these? Also we are booked for 34 days Jan/Feb 2019 and didn't get any drop and go rates to decrease our rate. Very interested in how to get these. We are in a suite...does that make a difference?

We were looking to book in December 2018 and didn't get any drop and go rates.. How do you get these? Also we are booked for 34 days Jan/Feb 2019 and didn't get any drop and go rates to decrease our rate. Very interested in how to get these. We are in a suite...does that make a difference?

You are way too far out--the amazing drop and go rates are for ships that are not full and usually beyond the pay in full date. They drop rates till they fill the ship, and sometimes still give great upsells.

Too far out for the drop and go rates. They also don't usually lower the prices of the suites generally, especially the the upsell program. I've been able to lower my cruise prices quite often but I've never been able to do that if I had a suite booked.

Drop and go rates are for new bookings only as they are only offered way after final payment date.

I recently priced a cruise for the last week of May on the Island Princess (Alaska--Whittier to Vancouver). It was under $1,000 including taxes and fees for a single in an ocean view cabin. Unfortunately, I realized the dates weren't good for me. I'm hoping to find another cruise to Alaska under $1,000 for a single. DH has gone back to work and doesn't mind my going without him.