Balcony dinner or CG

habita

just had the UBD in my mini suite last week on regal

the math guy in me mandates i show the numbers with some estimates i believe are conservative

2 apps crab (10x 2) =20

surf and turf (est. 35 in any home restaurant) = 70

2 drinks (8x2) = 16

2 desserts (5x2) = 10

bday cake and other extra desserts =10

roses = 5

ship pic = 25

156 total

its the best filet ive ever had and was told it is the same in the steakhouse. so if 29 covers the app/steak/salad then i have to admit. id probably like 3.44 of those dinners in the future in the steakhouse

but then again. you dont have the private experience

she took a bunch of pics in the cabin and we actually did like them and downstairs we asked if there was a bundle pricing. this was never offered so make sure you ask. it was 5 pics for 90 and as you know the big pics are 25 so this is a good deal plus you get the USB

we also got coupons for shutterfly for free luggage tag, playing cards and a small photo book which we are assembling

i think everyone should try the ultimate dining once no matter what.

Were in like Flynn.

IMG_3638.jpg.a67a824a8243d57305b194dcb40b3ba0.jpg

A few picture from UBD last week on the Grand. We got a credit of $32.50 for the champagne ( preferred to get regular white wine). Flowers definitely worth more then $5. We did have a picture included. Also as other’s have said - the service is great - would do it again!

IMG_3625.jpg.593e589234ec94fa098d2c608ceb7c84.jpg

IMG_3628.jpg.36a48cba23f8d49f0077b9d5f7c50655.jpg

IMG_3630.jpg.be15af52b2bb548fd822c5aee6dc3019.jpg

Wonder how long before UK clients, who pay more for their cruises than North American clients, start to do the arithmetic of Club Class Mini-suite v Mini-suite plus UBD EVERY NIGHT.

For example. 9th December 2018 Caribbean Princess - 10 day Panama Cruise.

Club Class Mini suite £2650 per person

Ordinary Mini suite at £2069 - £2354 per person saves between £592 and £1162 per couple.

At current exchange rates 10 nights UBD would cost around £750 per couple meaning that taking the most expensive non-Club Class mini-suite along with UBD every night would cost them around £158 (£79 per person) for UBD every night, which is less than the cost of the 10 bottles of wine they will get with UBD.

Seems to me like a no brainer for all Elite passengers and anyone doesn't care about priority tendering.

We are going on Princess for the first time next month. The Regal, and want to do the UBD. Where do we go to reserve it? I don't see it on the cruise planner.

On Star recently, we reserved it once on board by calling Room Service (at least 24 hours in advance).

We are going on Princess for the first time next month. The Regal, and want to do the UBD. Where do we go to reserve it? I don't see it on the cruise planner.

As VWBill indicated, you can make a reservation as soon as you board.

However, I think you can, in fact do it through the Cruise Personalizer. Try this:

• Log on
  • From your Account Home page click on "Manage this Booking."
  • Click on "Onboard Reservations" (at the top).
  • Scroll down to "Culinary Delights" and click on "View Options."
  • Scroll down to "Ultimate Balcony Dinner for Two" and click on "Select."
  • From here you will be able to choose the date you want.

When you make the reservation from the Cruise Personalizer, you do have charge it to your credit card immediately. You can also cancel prior to the cruise, but I really don't know how late you can do so. Many people don't like the idea of paying before the cruise, but the benefit is that you get first dibs on any given date. The number of UBDs is limited--I've read here on Cruise Ctitic that they do only four per evening. So, if you want to do it the same day as other people want, it is to your benefit to get your name as high on the list as possible.

In fact, as I was finding the links to guide you through this, I made a reservation for myself for our next cruise. We have a late departure (8:00 pm) and thought it would be neat to have our UBD as we are sailing out of port. I was a bit surprised to see that I could book sailaway day.

:D

i booked a few weeks out on the personalizer and have a slight regret. but not really. had i known it would be 70 degrees in port in canada, i would have had the earliest booking and maybe tried it on the balcony. i could have had him set up the table and see how smooshed we would be. but it never occurred to me to book on port day as one day we didnt leave until 7 and would have had a neat experience.

but who knows a month out what the weather will be so i choose sea day.

This photo - which ship? What cabin category? We've always had a balcony stateroom but nothing that ever looked remotely like this. I reckon that's way out of reach for most of us.

The only balconies I know of which have a teak decking floor are the S1 grade - Grand Suites on some the Grand class ships. The Owners suites and Penthouse Suites do not have teak decking. I say some Grand class ships, because on some of the class, the Grand suite is replaced by an owners suite and a Penthouse suite.

So to answer your question, I think that there are only around five suites like that, one each on Caribbean, Diamond, Golden, Sapphire and Star, in the whole fleet.