Live - It's time to Breakaway from the everyday. Breakaway 10/22 - 10/29/2017

seadog67

On the daily for Day 2, it's showing Cirque as having two different costs for regular and VIP - is that new? I just booked it for our trip next month and paid the $47 or so for each of us so I'm curious.

Also curious about bars - I've read that Escape has a bar just outside of Vibe, is that also the case for Breakaway? I'm hoping to find a Vibe-esque location where I can sun and drink and read without the chaos and maybe a bit of music if it's there. I've been on this ship before (last October) but was with a mob of people - this trip is just my husband and me so going for a different experience.

It's not the Haven room service that you are used to. It's very disappointing. We ordered once and that was more than enough.

I'm wondering if you can request as a write in multiple pots of coffee as we typically did in Haven? We never thought the coffee they brought in Haven was enough, and typically wrote in 2 pots to the butler.

Thank you again for all your posts, we'll be boarding when you disembark on Sunday, and we're picking up some things as we were always in Haven and have a B1 on deck 12 this time. We're definitely going to plan to see the Jazz band, and thrilled to see fruit and yogurt on the complimentary breakfast for room service, as we say door hanger scans that didn't include.

Enjoy!

Hello Cruise Critics, well after wandering and not seeing much we wanted to partake in, we ended up back in the room for the all important afternoon nap. Because 8-9 hours of sleep the night before was just not enough.

The stairwells have these mirrors on the landings and they remind me of something out of Harry Potter or some looking glass transport to another world..yeah I am a bit weird :)

994455bb10dbff0b481b17ec3697e4e7.jpg

Now heading to Moderno for Salad Bar and various meats... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the live review, sailing in Feb would love to see some Main Dining Room Menus if you could.

Enjoy your cruise

Have a great time in Feb! I will try to post some menu’s from Savor and Taste.

Seadog, Its been awesome to tag along with you on your cruise!!! I'm hoping you can help put my mind at ease on this one! We sail 11/5 and have booked a mid-ship balcony cabin on deck 13. I have read several reviews / reports that there is a severe vibration at the aft of the ship due to a problem with something mechanical. Can you confirm if you have noticed anything out of the ordinary? We once booked an aft balcony on RC Brilliance of the Seas and it was the worst experience ever. Kept me awake every night for the entire cruise. I am trying to prepare myself for a free vibrating bed! Any information will be appreciated!

Seadog, Its been awesome to tag along with you on your cruise!!! I'm hoping you can help put my mind at ease on this one! We sail 11/5 and have booked a mid-ship balcony cabin on deck 13. I have read several reviews / reports that there is a severe vibration at the aft of the ship due to a problem with something mechanical. Can you confirm if you have noticed anything out of the ordinary? We once booked an aft balcony on RC Brilliance of the Seas and it was the worst experience ever. Kept me awake every night for the entire cruise. I am trying to prepare myself for a free vibrating bed! Any information will be appreciated!

First I am glad you are enjoying and hope you have a blast.

You say you are in a midship balcony, we are dead aft so they may not be comparable, however there is some vibration in our cabin at least last night but nothing that was excessive or rattled anything to make noise. It also helped us have a great night sleep. If you are midship I think you should be fine.

Funny you should mention a mechanical issue as I noticed the port propellor seemed to have a reduced wake compared to the starboard wake so I am wondering if that is it. But I heard nothing about any issues. The ship is swaying a bit more in the aft cabin but thankfully it does not bother us.

Again, I cannot see anything pronounced to say you should be concerned.

Awesome start. I just squeezed in the back seat for the ride too. I will be on Breakaway December 3 for the 12 day cruise formerly known as Eastern Caribbean, now known as Florida, Bahamas and Western.

We will be on the same cruise as you are. We are definitely not thrilled with the change of itinerary and wish they would finally post the shore excursions so we can decide what we will be doing before waiting until the last minute. We already have "specialty" dinner reservations that conflict with the new itinerary, but prefer not to dine at 9:30PM which would have been our only option to change them. I would so much prefer a refund and to book a "Southern" Caribbean cruise instead.

First I am glad you are enjoying and hope you have a blast.

You say you are in a midship balcony, we are dead aft so they may not be comparable, however there is some vibration in our cabin at least last night but nothing that was excessive or rattled anything to make noise. It also helped us have a great night sleep. If you are midship I think you should be fine.

Funny you should mention a mechanical issue as I noticed the port propellor seemed to have a reduced wake compared to the starboard wake so I am wondering if that is it. But I heard nothing about any issues. The ship is swaying a bit more in the aft cabin but thankfully it does not bother us.

Again, I cannot see anything pronounced to say you should be concerned.

Thank you for the speedy reply and an even bigger thank you for taking time from your vacation to help ease my worried mind! Looking forward to more great inside info!!!

Edited by Travelenfool
typo

We did the breakaway 10/8-10/15 in the Haven and I was disappointed in the service and quality of food on the ship. Haven was best part of it, but each and every day our food was messed up. Shouldn't be that way & shouldn't have to wait 25 min for a glass of wine! Hope you have better experience. (Our port of call at GSC was canceled.)

We did the breakaway 10/8-10/15 in the Haven and I was disappointed in the service and quality of food on the ship. Haven was best part of it, but each and every day our food was messed up. Shouldn't be that way & shouldn't have to wait 25 min for a glass of wine! Hope you have better experience. (Our port of call at GSC was canceled.)

Was the poor service in Haven restaurant or accross the entire ship? We have a had less the perfect service in the port side MDR, don't recall Taste or Savor, but that appeared to be due to under staffing as compared to a bad waiter. We have never had anything but exceptional service in the Haven restaurant including bringing appetizers and deserts from other restaurants. Will be interesting to see if they will still do this with the change to a la carte pricing. They were happy to do so, but asked that we try to let them know ahead time to get to the other kitchen prep areas.

I have noticed from some of the MDR menus that they don't have much exciting options for the nightly specials, but may have not seen enough menus to really judge. Hope you will have better service on your next cruising adventure Haven or otherwise.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

Traveling in less than 2 weeks with my family (kids 3 and 6) - wondering about wait times for main dining rooms? Can we call ahead? We'll be eating on the earlier side (6ish) I suspect!

You should be able to go to your reservation on NCL.com and under the dining option within Explore and plan pick restaurants and make reservations. MDRs and Specialty

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app