Live - It's time to Breakaway from the everyday. Breakaway 10/22 - 10/29/2017

seadog67

https://www.scienceworld.ca/do-pelicans-go-blind-diving

https://www.allatsea.net/brown-pelicans-myths-and-facts-part-i/

:o

But hey, it's vacation, and they aren't national geographic tour guides!

I will be asking for my money back from this excursion and their false news info they provided! LOL.

Also we are still docked waiting for the rain to let up.... I don’t think the heavy stuff is hear yet...

http://

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following and enjoying.

Thanks for taking us along.

Welcome aboard!

The Pontoon Boat Landings on the Banana River have been canceled due to rain. :(

The Sunset Cafe where the tour is run from provided us Daiquiri’s to sooth the pain...

41104d34116fee49958ab08c8bcfd3bf.jpg

d80e305fcdfd0b9544ea8170a1fc85b3.jpg

I'll be on the same cruise as you! Did you join the roll call (I haven't yet, still deciding lol) I'm sure you're going to have a great time. I've heard NCL is great for solo cruisers, and I love the BA - this will be my 2nd time on it.

I too am on the Nov 12 sailing. Come on over to the roll call and join us. We won't bite I swear.

Crud, I'm sorry it was cancelled. I hope they are returning your money. Weather looks like a bummer, but you've got a perfect vacation attitude, just roll with it!

Forecast for GSC isn't looking too great, we're worried about our cruise making it as well. I don't know how much wind they tender in, but forecast is showing up to 18 Mph tomorrow and thunderstorms. We're doing a sun dance for you, as you deserve some good karma for all the help you're giving others by answering questions and sharing your trip!

Crud, I'm sorry it was cancelled. I hope they are returning your money. Weather looks like a bummer, but you've got a perfect vacation attitude, just roll with it!

Forecast for GSC isn't looking too great, we're worried about our cruise making it as well. I don't know how much wind they tender in, but forecast is showing up to 18 Mph tomorrow and thunderstorms. We're doing a sun dance for you, as you deserve some good karma for all the help you're giving others by answering questions and sharing your trip!

Thank you for the kind words! We try and just roll with things as they come, especially weather issues.

Sorry to hear the forecast for tomorrow but it seems like it is a 50-50 chance every-time we go to GSC based on all the other times we were here.

Thanks again for the well wishes and Sun Dance!

with bad weather today, i am hoping you make it to great stirrup cay tomorrow.

We have fingers crossed as well. Everyone on the tour got wet and were all so cold getting back that the bus had o put the heat on... i was the only one sweating, lol

SD67 ... did you get to dance in that rain, drink in hand on the way back to the ship :') What a journey you are taking us along, this Sunday can't come soon enough for us - keep everyone posted about that potential issue with the azipod ... a little surprised that ship was slightly late getting to PC earlier, as she usually get in a little earlier than scheduled Fingers crossed for tendering success at GSC tomorrow, regardless of what the forecast are calling for.

O'Sheehan's looking fine and not hectic, yet - must be fairly calm & quiet for whoever staying on the ship this afternoon. Any sightings of lamp and/or prime ribs being served at OSH, although they usually repeat the option in the MDR.

Thank you SeaDog for all your great reporting from sea!

We'll be boarding this Sunday as you are departing. You mentioned that boarding was horrendous. Can you give me some details as to why? What time were you boarding, etc.? Our plan is to board around 12:45 so as to avoid/arrive after the rush of people boarding in the morning. Do you, and anyone else who's sailed on BA, think that's a smart idea? We'll be carrying our own bags onboard as well.

Thanks again for your posts....love reading them and am getting even more excited!

Cheers-

Edited by ResQDawgMa

SD67 ... did you get to dance in that rain, drink in hand on the way back to the ship :') What a journey you are taking us along, this Sunday can't come soon enough for us - keep everyone posted about that potential issue with the azipod ... a little surprised that ship was slightly late getting to PC earlier, as she usually get in a little earlier than scheduled Fingers crossed for tendering success at GSC tomorrow, regardless of what the forecast are calling for.

O'Sheehan's looking fine and not hectic, yet - must be fairly calm & quiet for whoever staying on the ship this afternoon. Any sightings of lamp and/or prime ribs being served at OSH, although they usually repeat the option in the MDR.

Thanks mking! We did not dance with drink in hand, but Mrs SD shivered along back onboard along with the others :)

I have not seen the daily specials on OSH yet to notate any PR or Lamb. I will check when I am by there as we are in that area all the time.

Also, I wonder does BA have azipods? For some reason I remember hearing they had straight line turbine propeller’s but I would not bet a rusty penny on my memory. If there are any issues with them, no one else is mentioning it, hope I did not start a false news rumor ;)

Love your review. Looking at all your pics here and there, other than the pool area, it does not seem to be as crowded as some have claimed. I was getting nervous thinking I will be walking shoulder to shoulder all around the ship.....but your pics say otherwise.

I will be asking for my money back from this excursion and their false news info they provided! LOL.

Also we are still docked waiting for the rain to let up.... I don’t think the heavy stuff is hear yet...

http://

Perfect port for a Cinderella story.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

Thanks mking! We did not dance with drink in hand, but Mrs SD shivered along back onboard along with the others :)

I have not seen the daily specials on OSH yet to notate any PR or Lamb. I will check when I am by there as we are in that area all the time.

Also, I wonder does BA have azipods? For some reason I remember hearing they had straight line turbine propeller’s but I would not bet a rusty penny on my memory. If there are any issues with them, no one else is mentioning it, hope I did not start a false news rumor ;)

General characteristics

Type:Cruise shipTonnage:145,655 GT

Length:325.64 m (1,068.4 ft)

Beam:39.7 m (130.2 ft) - At Waterline

51.7 m (169.7 ft) - Maximum

]Draft:8.6 m (28 ft)

Decks:18

Installed power:

• 2 × MAN 14V48/60CR (2 × 16,800 kW)
  • 2 × MAN 12V48/60CR (2 × 14,400 kW)

Propulsion:Two ABB XO Azipods (2 × 17.5 MW)

Three Brunvoll bow thrusters (3 × 3 MW)

Speed:21.5 knots (39.8 km/h; 24.7 mph)

Capacity:3,963 PAX

Crew:1,657

Edited by Orleanscruiser

I wonder does BA have azipods? ... If there are any issues with them, no one else is mentioning it, hope I did not start a false news rumor ;)

Orleancruiser got the reference data above ...

Hush ... nothing is going to happen to jinx the BA again anytime soon until she goes into drydock ... next year or what not.

It happened to her on the way back to NY back in 2014 when she was relatively new ... sensational media headline that she's stranded on the Hudson River. Tug boats had to go out & help steer her into the berth, delaying arrival, etc. - news in Seatrade Cruise News:

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/norwegian-breakaway-delay-in-ny-due-to-caution-on-azipod-currents.html

The question came up again last year as Q&A with the captain at a gathering, might've been the Latitude reception for Gold/Platinum at Fat Cats ... might've been about the bow thruster. Think positive & let's focus on positve news ... karma, chi, etc.

That rain poncho reminded me of ours, when we're in Taiwan 2 years ago & brought them, just in case ... never used it and pack it along for Bermuda last May due to forecast - going to put them in the bottom as our guardian, to ward off mother nature's evil spirit (it worked before, LOL.)

Love your review. Looking at all your pics here and there, other than the pool area, it does not seem to be as crowded as some have claimed. I was getting nervous thinking I will be walking shoulder to shoulder all around the ship.....but your pics say otherwise.

Thanks! Yes I would say only certain areas can get crowded at certain times like around O’Sheehan’s, when they have event down below on deck 6, but nothing to bad.

Thank you SeaDog for all your great reporting from sea!

We'll be boarding this Sunday as you are departing. You mentioned that boarding was horrendous. Can you give me some details as to why? What time were you boarding, etc.? Our plan is to board around 12:45 so as to avoid/arrive after the rush of people boarding in the morning. Do you, and anyone else who's sailed on BA, think that's a smart idea? We'll be carrying our own bags onboard as well.

Thanks again for your posts....love reading them and am getting even more excited!

Cheers-

Glad it is enjoyable! Do not take this past weeks boarding as normal, the crew had a surprise coast guard evacuations drill from what was said that delayed boarding by several hours which caused a backup in the terminal. From what they announced this was a rare and unannounced drill at least to the shoreside checkin staff.

Next week should be back to a normal boarding procedure, I would assume. I would think your arrival time would be good to avoid the rush as you indicated.