Live from Ruby Princess Oct 28-November 4 Halloween Mexican Riviera Cruise

pkt1976

I got off the ship In PV with no plan, which is very unlike me. Normally I’m a rabid planner. There is a massage place by the ship, which I’ll likely make use of in the way back!! I joined a zip line, mule ride excursion at the port. There were other options like a city tour as well. I was put in a van to the office of Canopy River Tours where they arranged transportation, which is where I am at this moment [emoji16] they have free WiFi here In the office. The others in the van were going on a city tour. I’ll let you all know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting and particularly the pictures. We will be boarding the Ruby on Saturday when you return to San Pedro. We will be doing a B2B so we will be visiting the Mexican ports the week after next. In the meantime we will be following your posts.

Yeahhh im behind.. so to get caught up... I missed this one... I did origami with Jase the 2nd sea day afternoon. He’s from Australia and he has quite a fan club... which is likely why he mentioned his girlfriend... who works on the ship... a few times 😂. He told us how before joining Princess he went on safaris and adventures and knew nothing about crafts. He’s learned several on ships and enjoys teaching people and . This was a beginner class and we made a tray, a swan and a heart.. which I could likely remember how to do again👍

Today is October 31 and we docked in Puerto Vallarta. I got up this morning still not knowing what I wanted to do 🤣. I went off the ship to ask what Tours were available. Keep in mind this was to be a RESTFUL trip so yeah, I decided ziplining and mule riding with hiking sounded great. It was with, a company I’d taken a tour with before and are well regarded. I forget the name, I’ll get it and share it. Short version is I was the only one on my tour at that time so it was me, two guides and a photog. The zip line part was 11 lines and was very strenuous. I made it with a few breaks. I have nerve damage in my legs that makes stepping up a lot hard... but I made it. After the mule ride, which my singing guides, I had time for lunch in at their beautiful ranch area. They are at the pier or you can reserve online.

Onboard they have lots of Halloween themed movies, trivia and of course a party. A lot of the crew is dressed up as are many passengers. Several rooms are decorated and there are carved pumpkins in the piazza.

Halloween night (pv night) was the twice baked soufflé night by the way.

Ok, caught up! Today is Mazatlan day and 4 folks from the roll call met up with me and I showed them how to get to Stone island on the local ferry. It is about a 10-15 minute walk from the port to the ferry and a walk along the beach. You need to be pretty stable to get into the small 18 person boats as well. I believe the boats on the ship tours are more stable but if your mobility is fine it’s a great alternative. I know where the ship tour goes and so of course we chose another place. We are at El Velero which is pretty close to where you enter the beach from the water taxi. It has a beautiful trellis that provides shade and there are also loungers and umbrellas by the beach. I had a mango margarita which was 6USD, as well as a coke and chips with guacamole. There are beach vendors who come by a lot but saying no thank you is easy enough. There are places further down to rent kayaks or ride horses or the banana boat. It’s an easy and relaxing day. The water is amazing.

Yeahhh im behind.. so to get caught up... I missed this one... I did origami with Jase the 2nd sea day afternoon. He’s from Australia and he has quite a fan club... which is likely why he mentioned his girlfriend... who works on the ship... a few times 😂. He told us how before joining Princess he went on safaris and adventures and knew nothing about crafts. He’s learned several on ships and enjoys teaching people and . This was a beginner class and we made a tray, a swan and a heart.. which I could likely remember how to do again👍

Today is October 31 and we docked in Puerto Vallarta. I got up this morning still not knowing what I wanted to do 🤣. I went off the ship to ask what Tours were available. Keep in mind this was to be a RESTFUL trip so yeah, I decided ziplining and mule riding with hiking sounded great. It was with, a company I’d taken a tour with before and are well regarded. I forget the name, I’ll get it and share it. Short version is I was the only one on my tour at that time so it was me, two guides and a photog. The zip line part was 11 lines and was very strenuous. I made it with a few breaks. I have nerve damage in my legs that makes stepping up a lot hard... but I made it. After the mule ride, which my singing guides, I had time for lunch in at their beautiful ranch area. They are at the pier or you can reserve online.

Onboard they have lots of Halloween themed movies, trivia and of course a party. A lot of the crew is dressed up as are many passengers. Several rooms are decorated and there are carved pumpkins in the piazza.

Halloween night (pv night) was the twice baked soufflé night by the way.

Ok, caught up! Today is Mazatlan day and 4 folks from the roll call met up with me and I showed them how to get to Stone island on the local ferry. It is about a 10-15 minute walk from the port to the ferry and a walk along the beach. You need to be pretty stable to get into the small 18 person boats as well. I believe the boats on the ship tours are more stable but if your mobility is fine it’s a great alternative. I know where the ship tour goes and so of course we chose another place. We are at El Velero which is pretty close to where you enter the beach from the water taxi. It has a beautiful trellis that provides shade and there are also loungers and umbrellas by the beach. I had a mango margarita which was 6USD, as well as a coke and chips with guacamole. There are beach vendors who come by a lot but saying no thank you is easy enough. There are places further down to rent kayaks or ride horses or the banana boat. It’s an easy and relaxing day. The water is amazing.

Thank you so much for the goat cheese Souffle info😃

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Forums mobile app

a068853ea7f63c9b091fe44c8c2b6319.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I believe James Eaton (who is a fantasic officer and spokesperson for Princess) is leaving the ship on our embarkation day. He is doing some training in Florida for a few days, and then joining the Emerald Princess for about a month before his holiday.

The officers, staff and crew aboard the Ruby are the premium on the Seven Seas......they are super!

We were on this cruise and are enjoying reading your account.

We couldn't agree more about the great party band onboard called "Static"...they had tons of people up on the dance floor in Club Fusion -- great energy and dance tunes! I will definitely look for them again on future cruises....they were also hugely popular around the pool.