BOGO beer caps

jimdod

When we were on the Star earlier this year at the happy hour the would not leave caps on a beer so I could take it back to the room. the head waiter in charge of the wheelhouse said it was a new policy. Anyone else experienced this? we are sailing soon on the Emerald.

Lots of help IF they force me to have the caps off. The caps pointed to by partybarbie are pretty cool.

But I'm still looking to see if the practice of removing all the caps has become fleet wide.

I've never experienced the new, 'open beer' BOGO policy, but it's one more reason to drink Grolsch. Not only is it good beer, it's the most expensive beer... so the best value for your $1 (and you can cap it immediately with the metal & rubber 'swing top') .

We take a champagne clip on stopper with us and once our carry one champagne has been drunk, they have proved useful for sealing opened beer bottles. Must remember to take a couple of stoppers with me this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here’s the solution for my husband since he always drinks the same domestic screw top beer can, I’ll just make sure he brings a baggie of extra caps to carry around. He’ll cap that extra one right after they hand it to him. Not a beer drinker myself, but I think it’ll work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there any difference if you are 'buying 3/6 beers at a time'

versus

buying the PBP , and only being able to get one beer at time?

You've most certainly paid for them either way

and I've never had a problem getting a capped beer before when it was the AIBP - but now I guess the rules have changed? And we all know about Princess "rules"

Just got off 28 days on Emerald Princess. We had the beverage package so didn't participate in Happy Hour but were in Wheelhouse many times while it was going on. I saw all beers opened. Someone was picking up 6 at the bar and they opened all of them.

We purchased beer at time other than happy hour and were able to get unopened beers for our room. We also picked up any number of small bottles of champagne for the room. :) Of course most of the bartenders knew me after the first couple of days. A number of bartenders knew my card number without asking. Wheelhouse knew it by day 2... :eek: