Stupid Question, please do not flame me

az-cruiser

As others have said, I don't think it will be a problem for lunch, and probably not for dinner if they are not really raggedy. That said, they did ask my husband to remove his cap for breakfast on a morning we were headed outside. Not a big deal, but surprised since it was breakfast and many people were in shorts and beach cover ups. I guess it just depends on the person at the door.

The question was asked nearly a year ago. I'm sure she no longer cares at this point.

Ok, so every woman I know is wearing jeans or even pants that are distressed, holes and unhemed at the ankle. I have one such pair of nice white pants that have holes in the knees. ( I know, nice pants with holes,,but they are super cute!) Do you think they will let me in the dinning room for lunch with these on? Same pants, in black, do you think they would let me in the dinning room for dinner wearing them?

Please no rude comments, it's a fashion thing. Thank you

I have to say that the responses that I scanned included some pretty pathetic ones, or maybe surprisingly sad ones... like the assumption that it’s a style for teens and young women? Etc... say what?! She didn’t say she was going to wear booty shorts and a cut off top :confused: With some posts I have visions of that one mean old woman we knew in childhood with her wrinkled lips pursed in disapproval and her eyebrows raised as she peered down from “on high.”

So he is my own opinion, even after all this time. Wear them, rock those and if one of those stuffy people show up just remember it’s sad to be them (and probably to live with them) - YOU are living life full out and will a longer and healthier life for it! I am professional woman and know a great many others and in our 50’s-60’s we almost all own distressed jeans (I have them in 5 styles/colors and yes, I have lots of clothes LOL). They are cute with heels or flats and can be dressed up and down. I am not talking about the ones that looked like they were ripped by wild animals nor dragged in oil - they are tasteful and youthful, but NOT young.

For those who prefer polyester pants, enjoy :) No judgment, do your thing! But expecting that all women show wear them (or wear their hair a certain style or color or...) is unfair and a way of viewing aging that should have left long ago. My mother is 90 and loves Chico’s and she too was a professional (in education); every week I run time someone who tells me how beautiful my mother has always been... and she has, half of that being a “beautiful” attitude! So please wear those jeans wherever you wish and if there are people who have so little to do in life they take the time to disapprove, give them “the look” right back!

Now, we should discuss a real fashion issue - people with ugly feet in sandals :o:loudcry:

Lynn

@lrgpizza Some may just wish to respond to the general idea, doesn’t seem to be any harm done imagepng:)

Ok, so every woman I know is wearing jeans or even pants that are distressed, holes and unhemed at the ankle. I have one such pair of nice white pants that have holes in the knees. ( I know, nice pants with holes,,but they are super cute!) Do you think they will let me in the dinning room for lunch with these on? Same pants, in black, do you think they would let me in the dinning room for dinner wearing them?

Please no rude comments, it's a fashion thing. Thank you:o

I would feel more comfortable answering this question once we see a picture of such jeans (in both colors of course..lol)

I know I am hijacking this thread ( but it is very old anyway). I am new to NCL and after reading this lengthy thread I sought out NCL's attire policy. This is what I found.

Freestyle AttireFreestyle Cruising applies to the dress code on Norwegian ships. Guests have muchmore relaxing cruise vacations when they are comfortable. Resort casual is the norm throughoutthe fleet, so guests can leave their tuxedos and party dresses at home if they wish. For thosewho enjoy dressing up for dinner, there is one (two on cruises longer than seven-nights)completely optional “formal night” in various areas of the ship

My question is what does the last sentence mean? For those who actually like to dress up, what is an "optional formal night" and where are the various areas of the ship? Does this include men wearing suits or a tux? Women wearing cocktail/ long dresses if they choose? Or, is that too formal?

I have an 11 day Med cruise next year, and we like to get a photo or two while on cruises, so I thought maybe tea length for me and a sports jacket for hubby. I'm just trying to educate myself. Thanks

I am a new cruiser to NCL, but I can tell you that I won't be bringing a jacket or tie. I might even leave my dress shoes at home and wear dark sneakers. Don't really want to but I need space for hiking shoes and not enough room for three pairs of shoes.

For those who enjoy dressing up for dinner, there is one (two on cruises longer than seven-nights)completely optional “formal night” in various areas of the ship

My question is what does the last sentence mean? For those who actually like to dress up, what is an "optional formal night" and where are the various areas of the ship? Does this include men wearing suits or a tux? Women wearing cocktail/ long dresses if they choose? Or, is that too formal?

It's however formal or informal that YOU want it to be. Tux? Sure, if you want. T-shirt? Sure, if you want (in most restaurants).

You can't get it wrong by dressing up "too much".

I am a new cruiser to NCL, but I can tell you that I won't be bringing a jacket or tie. I might even leave my dress shoes at home and wear dark sneakers. Don't really want to but I need space for hiking shoes and not enough room for three pairs of shoes.

You'll be fine.

Neither tie nor jacket is required in any NCL restaurant. Sneakers are fine, too.

It's however formal or informal that YOU want it to be. Tux? Sure, if you want. T-shirt? Sure, if you want (in most restaurants).

You can't get it wrong by dressing up "too much".

Thanks! So we will see folks "dressed up" someplace on board on a designated formal night? While I am not a fan of ripped jeans or cut-offs and tee shirts for dinner attire, I also don't relish being dressed up like a peacock in a sea of jeans, shorts and flip flops in the dining room.

Also, for all of you have cruised NCL, what areas are the NCL freestyle statement referring to?

Also, for all of you have cruised NCL, what areas are the NCL freestyle statement referring to?

It's mainly the "photogenic" areas such as the stairs, near the atrium, some ships have a little corner where the photographer sets up for pictures, etc. There will be plenty of photographers and many people get dressed up in order to take photos. Don't worry, you won't be the only group that is dressed up on the ship.

I know I am hijacking this thread ( but it is very old anyway). I am new to NCL and after reading this lengthy thread I sought out NCL's attire policy. This is what I found.

Freestyle AttireFreestyle Cruising applies to the dress code on Norwegian ships. Guests have muchmore relaxing cruise vacations when they are comfortable. Resort casual is the norm throughoutthe fleet, so guests can leave their tuxedos and party dresses at home if they wish. For thosewho enjoy dressing up for dinner, there is one (two on cruises longer than seven-nights)completely optional “formal night” in various areas of the ship

I have an 11 day Med cruise next year, and we like to get a photo or two while on cruises, so I thought maybe tea length for me and a sports jacket for hubby. I'm just trying to educate myself. Thanks

For certain, the wording on NCL's site can leave one with more questions than answers. The "various areas" of the ship where you will likely find more "dressy" apparel will be Le Bistro and the larger Main Dining room, as they require a little bit more refinement. When we eat in Le Bistro, we notice that "most" people dress better.

Another area will you see folks dressed-up will be in the atrium on the "Dress Up or Not" evenings, because, they are having their photos taken by NCL staff! Below, I've posted copy from NCL regarding clothing one might want to pack. I hope this helps!

What Clothes Should I Pack?

When it comes to what to wear, you can go resort casual or get decked-out and look your best - it’s your call. That’s the freedom of Freestyle Cruising. We even have special “Dress-Up or Not Night.” It’s the perfect opportunity to get your portrait taken with your family, that special someone or even with the ship’s Captain.Cruise Casual: the Freedom of Freestyle Cruising Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required. Be sure to pack a sweater — the air conditioning can be chilly. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants.Please Note: We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants. Ready for Adventure: Shore Excursions Think about the shore excursions you'll be taking and pack accordingly, including comfy walking shoes. For kids and adults it's good to pack a pair of closed-toed shoes. All Decked-out: Smart Casual Dress smart casual in our more formal dining room or in our more upscale specialty restaurants. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it's jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants. Special Events: Theme Nights and Parties Our newest event, Norwegian's Night Out, is the perfect opportunity to get dressed up for an evening of cocktails, fine dining and great entertainment. You may also want to pack an all-white ensemble for our iconic White Hot Party.

For certain, the wording on NCL's site can leave one with more questions than answers. The "various areas" of the ship where you will likely find more "dressy" apparel will be Le Bistro and the larger Main Dining room, as they require a little bit more refinement. When we eat in Le Bistro, we notice that "most" people dress better.

Another area will you see folks dressed-up will be in the atrium on the "Dress Up or Not" evenings, because, they are having their photos taken by NCL staff! Below, I've posted copy from NCL regarding clothing one might want to pack. I hope this helps!

What Clothes Should I Pack?

When it comes to what to wear, you can go resort casual or get decked-out and look your best - it’s your call. That’s the freedom of Freestyle Cruising. We even have special “Dress-Up or Not Night.” It’s the perfect opportunity to get your portrait taken with your family, that special someone or even with the ship’s Captain.Cruise Casual: the Freedom of Freestyle Cruising Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required. Be sure to pack a sweater — the air conditioning can be chilly. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants.Please Note: We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants. Ready for Adventure: Shore Excursions Think about the shore excursions you'll be taking and pack accordingly, including comfy walking shoes. For kids and adults it's good to pack a pair of closed-toed shoes. All Decked-out: Smart Casual Dress smart casual in our more formal dining room or in our more upscale specialty restaurants. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it's jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants. Special Events: Theme Nights and Parties Our newest event, Norwegian's Night Out, is the perfect opportunity to get dressed up for an evening of cocktails, fine dining and great entertainment. You may also want to pack an all-white ensemble for our iconic White Hot Party.

Excellen. Thanks. Hopefully by the time we get to 90 days out I will know what night it is and we will plan on eating in Le Bistro.

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Couldn’t care less what they wear, a beautiful woman with a great figure will look good in just about anything. More concerned with how good the food is than what people wear to go eat it.

Sorry to quibble, but “great” is in the eye of the beholder rather than one singular standard. I have not particular sensitivity about it, but just in the standard of not being superficial and insensitive I add that (I try to imagine women judging men by such narrow standards, but that’s hard to imagine since women on average are far more lenient and I know a greater many men who glad that they are ;p )

Sorry to quibble, but “great” is in the eye of the beholder rather than one singular standard. I have not particular sensitivity about it, but just in the standard of not being superficial and insensitive I add that (I try to imagine women judging men by such narrow standards, but that’s hard to imagine since women on average are far more lenient and I know a greater many men who glad that they are ;p )

I am not trying to judge anything or anyone, your choice what looks good to you or not.

For me any woman that I find attractive and has a good figure will look good wearing almost anything.

If anybody finds that narrow minded or not politically correct, tough.

It is getting to the point where even making a comment that a woman is beautiful is seen as something offensive.

I don’t find anything insensitive about saying someone looks beautiful, my wife seemed to enjoy being called that because it was true.