Stupid Question, please do not flame me

az-cruiser

I am more concerned with the quality of the food and service in the restaurants than what anybody is wearing.

If the food is great and the waiters are pleasant and attentive that is all that matters.

A beautiful woman with a great figure looks good no matter what she wears.

I am more concerned with the quality of the food and service in the restaurants than what anybody is wearing.

If the food is great and the waiters are pleasant and attentive that is all that matters.

A beautiful woman with a great figure looks good no matter what she wears.

Do I want to see Melania Trump in ripped jeans? Umm, no I don't.

It's not that different from any kind of distraction, like adults talking loudly or children screaming. :(

Where do you draw the line? Are shorts and Tshirts ok?

Do I want to see Melania Trump in ripped jeans? Umm, no I don't.

. :(

She would probably look quite good in them.

Nobody would be forcing you to look, there are all kinds of other things to do to keep you occupied.

I usually try enjoying the food and the company of the people I am with.

She would probably look quite good in them.

Nobody would be forcing you to look, there are all kinds of other things to do to keep you occupied.

I usually try enjoying the food and the company of the people I am with.

Lots of things affect the ambience besides what people wear. The room decorations, tablecloths or not etc. Flip flops and Tshirts don't change what I eat. Maybe they should be ok too? :confused:

Lots of things affect the ambience besides what people wear. The room decorations, tablecloths or not etc. Flip flops and Tshirts don't change what I eat. Maybe they should be ok too? :confused:

Yes they do.

I have no problem with T shirts or flip flops.

Food still tastes the same.

I do have a problem if a restaurant is not clean or serves food that makes you sick.

Since T shirts or flip flops have no health issues I am fine. In the summer I eat wearing them at home often.

Nothing beats feeling at home while on vacation, maybe that is why NCL invented freestyle cruising.

There are cruise lines that take formal dress code seriously and I have no problem with that either, I just don’t book passage on them.

Personally I dress smart casual when going to dinner simply because I am comfortable in it but one of my adult children prefers a nice pair of shorts and a shirt.

It is great that we are all different, otherwise it would be quite boring.

Not an issue, there are far more important things in life than someone wearing ripped jeans to dinner.

BTW it is not the same as children yelling and screaming, that is rude and stupid behaviour, both by the parents for allowing it and the children and it affects everyone, you can’t just look in another direction.

Yes they do.

I have no problem with T shirts or flip flops.

Food still tastes the same.

I do have a problem if a restaurant is not clean or serves food that makes you sick.

Since T shirts or flip flops have no health issues I am fine. In the summer I eat wearing them at home often.

Nothing beats feeling at home while on vacation, maybe that is why NCL invented freestyle cruising.

There are cruise lines that take formal dress code seriously and I have no problem with that either, I just don’t book passage on them.

Personally I dress smart casual when going to dinner simply because I am comfortable in it but one of my adult children prefers a nice pair of shorts and a shirt.

It is great that we are all different, otherwise it would be quite boring.

Not an issue, there are far more important things in life than someone wearing ripped jeans to dinner.

BTW it is not the same as children yelling and screaming, that is rude and stupid behaviour, both by the parents for allowing it and the children and it affects everyone, you can’t just look in another direction.

Well, you and I dont agree on what is important. I prefer business casual, but I like that some restaurants still have a dress code. :)

Well, you and I dont agree on what is important. I prefer business casual, but I like that some restaurants still have a dress code. :)

No we don’t but that is fine, there is nothing wrong with being different.

I spent half my life wearing a suit and tie everyday to work and I was fine with it, that is what was required.

Now that I am retired I only wear it to formal occasions and I have no problem with that either, there are certain times where it is disrespectful not to.

On a cruise line that is specifically famous for starting Freestyle Cruising and a laid back attitude aimed at the traveller who prefers comfort, I have no issues with how people are dressed if at the buffet or the dinning room.

It is the least of my concerns.

I like a well dressed person the same as the one dressed in a T shirt and shorts who is polite and has good manners.

For all the people that like to judge others clothing choices and the ones that have no fashion sense, I have decided to wear my $200 ripped jeans, and ripped pants everywhere on the ship, every day, every night. I actually went out and bought a few more pairs, just for the nay sayers here. While I will be put together nicely and wearing my expensive ripped jeans/pants, I am bringing my camera along to document my ripped jean journey. I am hoping to capture some of the nay sayers reactions, the smirks, appalled looks and see just how many places I can dine in with my ripped jeans. Look for my post in the next few weeks, it will be titled "My Ripped Jeans & I Sail The Escape". BTW, I'm old, which makes this even more fun!!!

Since the OP hasn't reported back, I guess that tells us how this worked out for her.

Since the OP hasn't reported back, I guess that tells us how this worked out for her.

We can't be too sure. Maybe it all worked out and she never had to change clothes, therefore no interest in reporting back. Or she was shamed into changing clothes and she is too embarrassed to come back. :confused:

We can't be too sure. Maybe it all worked out and she never had to change clothes, therefore no interest in reporting back. Or she was shamed into changing clothes and she is too embarrassed to come back. :confused:

Not so sure. She said she was going to document the adventures of her ripped jeans photographically and post back here. She hasn't. That tells me it didn't go her way.

• 8 months later...

Hi

IMO !!!!!

I just feel that ripped jeans are great/ ok for breakfast/lunch.

I know they are expensive as we have purchased them for our married children for Christmas gifts ... but they DO NOT wear them to work or out for fine dining--- to clubs and partying --- yes!!

For dinner --- dress to show respect for the restaurant and the employees/cook

Not fancy ... but appropriate for diner

A few days ago I was in an upscale NYC restaurant . There were signs stating that nobody would be allowed in wearing jeans ,shorts or sneakers .

I saw several women with sneakers ,one man with jeans and a few others with sneakers.Restaurants and cruise lines other than Cunard appear not to enforce everything these days .

On a RCI cruise earlier this year I saw men in specialty restaurants and the MDR wearing jeans.

You say that like it is shocking. I wear a t-shirt and Levi blue jeans everywhere (other than the shower and to bed). I have been on just 10 cruises so far and I have eaten at specialty dining for each meal on every ship. Never have I been turned away.

OP, I agree with others who have said you might not be able to go to dinner in those jeans, lunch should be OK. Try one night and see, if you have to change it will only take a few minutes. As for the fashion element, ripped jeans are not my cup of tea but then again I'm old and still waiting for Leisure Suits to come back into fashion. :D

At least you didn't say Zoot Suits! (I wonder how many are jumping over to Google as they read this!) :o

Why risk it? My vote-go with the dress code. Wear a nice pair of unripped pants for dinner. Or a sun dress. Or a nice tunic and leggings. The folks I saw in Le Bistro and Cagney's were dressed very nice.

Thank you, I think my Levis were very nice to! Oh, you were not talking about me? Sorry! :p

Hi

IMO !!!!!

I just feel that ripped jeans are great/ ok for breakfast/lunch.

I know they are expensive as we have purchased them for our married children for Christmas gifts ... but they DO NOT wear them to work or out for fine dining--- to clubs and partying --- yes!!

For dinner --- dress to show respect for the restaurant and the employees/cook

Not fancy ... but appropriate for diner

My hubby and I kid our adult daughters and one of our granddaughters (age 20) by asking them if they couldn’t afford a whole pair of jeans. Lol! I understand kids like them, but I can’t understand why, but I’m sure my parents weren’t happy with my Landlubber jeans, army jacket, and bare feet in the 60s, along with my fiancés shoulder length flowing red hair. It’s just a youth fashion statement.

Ok, so every woman I know is wearing jeans or even pants that are distressed, holes and unhemed at the ankle. I have one such pair of nice white pants that have holes in the knees. ( I know, nice pants with holes,,but they are super cute!) Do you think they will let me in the dinning room for lunch with these on? Same pants, in black, do you think they would let me in the dinning room for dinner wearing them?

Please no rude comments, it's a fashion thing. Thank you:o

As others have said, I don't think it will be a problem for lunch, and probably not for dinner if they are not really raggedy. That said, they did ask my husband to remove his cap for breakfast on a morning we were headed outside. Not a big deal, but surprised since it was breakfast and many people were in shorts and beach cover ups. I guess it just depends on the person at the door.