Stupid Question, please do not flame me

az-cruiser

Sorry. I still judge people by what they wear. I have a hard time Iiking people who are slobs and obviously don't care about themselves.

Very superficial. I know some very wonderful slobs and don't understand why they are like that but respect that everyone is different and we don't always get it, we don't have to get it.

I think that after seven pages and eventually going off-topic, which is sooooooooo unusual on the forum, the OP has her answer.

Not surprisingly, she hasn't returned to "the scene of the crime". Most likely she is busy with a sewing kit in hand. ;)

One can only hope.

For all the people that like to judge others clothing choices and the ones that have no fashion sense, I have decided to wear my $200 ripped jeans, and ripped pants everywhere on the ship, every day, every night. I actually went out and bought a few more pairs, just for the nay sayers here. While I will be put together nicely and wearing my expensive ripped jeans/pants, I am bringing my camera along to document my ripped jean journey. I am hoping to capture some of the nay sayers reactions, the smirks, appalled looks and see just how many places I can dine in with my ripped jeans. Look for my post in the next few weeks, it will be titled "My Ripped Jeans & I Sail The Escape". BTW, I'm old, which makes this even more fun!!!

On the Epic this summer, one of our party was asked to change before they would let us in to Manhattan. That was a female wearing ripped jeans at dinner. So you can be pretty sure in that venue the dress code is enforced

Bummer, thanks for the info

OP, I agree with others who have said you might not be able to go to dinner in those jeans, lunch should be OK. Try one night and see, if you have to change it will only take a few minutes. As for the fashion element, ripped jeans are not my cup of tea but then again I'm old and still waiting for Leisure Suits to come back into fashion. :D

I just might do that, thanks!

For all the people that like to judge others clothing choices and the ones that have no fashion sense, I have decided to wear my $200 ripped jeans, and ripped pants everywhere on the ship, every day, every night. I actually went out and bought a few more pairs, just for the nay sayers here. While I will be put together nicely and wearing my expensive ripped jeans/pants, I am bringing my camera along to document my ripped jean journey. I am hoping to capture some of the nay sayers reactions, the smirks, appalled looks and see just how many places I can dine in with my ripped jeans. Look for my post in the next few weeks, it will be titled "My Ripped Jeans & I Sail The Escape". BTW, I'm old, which makes this even more fun!!!

Look I have my opinion of those, but I also recognize that you have every right to wear what you want, assuming rules allow. I just don't find them attractive.

Ok, so every woman I know is wearing jeans or even pants that are distressed, holes and unhemed at the ankle. I have one such pair of nice white pants that have holes in the knees. ( I know, nice pants with holes,,but they are super cute!) Do you think they will let me in the dinning room for lunch with these on? Same pants, in black, do you think they would let me in the dinning room for dinner wearing them?

Please no rude comments, it's a fashion thing. Thank you:o

Lunch, yes. Dinner, no.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The OP was also asking about dinner. I do not know how old the OP is.

The OP specifically asked about lunch. For every 10 times I’ve seen someone where something not allowed on the dress list, jeans at dinner, etc. I’ve seen 1 in 10 where they have turned someone away at the door for improper dress code.

If you can’t find something in your wardrobe that is appropriate for lunch, give it a try. If you are turned away, go up to the buffet.

You weren’t asking about dinner, but I do think they tend to be stricter at dinner versus lunch. I wouldn’t try it at dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL!:D Sounds like you'll have a Rip-Roaring Cruise! ;)

Ok, so every woman I know is wearing jeans or even pants that are distressed, holes and unhemed at the ankle. I have one such pair of nice white pants that have holes in the knees. ( I know, nice pants with holes,,but they are super cute!) Do you think they will let me in the dinning room for lunch with these on? Same pants, in black, do you think they would let me in the dinning room for dinner wearing them?

The OP was asking about lunch and dinner. She got some good advice, but ultimately is going to do what she wants to. I cannot believe this thread is still going on. Oh well. I am still reading it especially since someone quoted me!

I look forward to seeing your post. Have a great cruise.

The dress code has been stated.

How NCL interprets "overly faded with holes or tears" will vary.

How NCL enforces their dress code will vary.

Is it possible that the jeans won't be allowed for lunch? Yes, according to the dress code.

Is it possible that those same jeans will be allowed for dinner in the same dinning room? Yes, if the staff doesn't notice or care.

Technically, the dress code is the same for lunch and dinner but practically, dinner is often more strict in the interpretation of the code. Also, which dining venue on which ship will be a factor. What's allowed in a MDR on one ship may not be allowed in a MDR for another ship. Check the dailies.

The OP shouldn't be surprised if every MDR or specialty restaurant doesn't let her in.

The OP might (probably) be allowed in every restaurant.

The dress code has been stated.

How NCL interprets "overly faded with holes or tears" will vary.

How NCL enforces their dress code will vary.

Is it possible that the jeans won't be allowed for lunch? Yes, according to the dress code.

Is it possible that those same jeans will be allowed for dinner in the same dinning room? Yes, if the staff doesn't notice or care.

Technically, the dress code is the same for lunch and dinner but practically, dinner is often more strict in the interpretation of the code. Also, which dining venue on which ship will be a factor. What's allowed in a MDR on one ship may not be allowed in a MDR for another ship. Check the dailies.

The OP shouldn't be surprised if every MDR or specialty restaurant doesn't let her in.

The OP might (probably) be allowed in every restaurant.

How many times do people have to make these same points in one thread? :rolleyes: