Stupid Question, please do not flame me

az-cruiser

It's disrespectful to others who follow the dress code to turn up knowing you are in breach, and can look like deliberately making a statement or pushing the boundaries..

It's surprising (or maybe not!) how little self awareness many people have with regard to their appearance. Not referring to anybody in this thread, as I've not met you, but just looking around as I go down the street, for quite a few people maybe the clothes looked good on the hanger or on the shop dummy, but that doesn't automatically mean they look good on the person wearing them. Some people can wear inexpensive clothes that suit them and look like a million dollars, others can spend a fortune but still not look right.

For all the people that like to judge others clothing choices and the ones that have no fashion sense, I have decided to wear my $200 ripped jeans, and ripped pants everywhere on the ship, every day, every night. I actually went out and bought a few more pairs, just for the nay sayers here. While I will be put together nicely and wearing my expensive ripped jeans/pants, I am bringing my camera along to document my ripped jean journey. I am hoping to capture some of the nay sayers reactions, the smirks, appalled looks and see just how many places I can dine in with my ripped jeans. Look for my post in the next few weeks, it will be titled "My Ripped Jeans & I Sail The Escape". BTW, I'm old, which makes this even more fun!!!

Ha ha!! Love it...please do it...!! I haven’t read all this thread but am impressed that there are so many angles and opinions on this matter...a Guinness World Record in the making, perhaps a novel...or a YouTube channel...get them their own Twitter account. I for one would like to hear more about “the scandalous adventures of the ripped jeans”!!

For all the people that like to judge others clothing choices and the ones that have no fashion sense, I have decided to wear my $200 ripped jeans, and ripped pants everywhere on the ship, every day, every night. I actually went out and bought a few more pairs, just for the nay sayers here. While I will be put together nicely and wearing my expensive ripped jeans/pants, I am bringing my camera along to document my ripped jean journey. I am hoping to capture some of the nay sayers reactions, the smirks, appalled looks and see just how many places I can dine in with my ripped jeans. Look for my post in the next few weeks, it will be titled "My Ripped Jeans & I Sail The Escape". BTW, I'm old, which makes this even more fun!!!

More fool you for being conned out of so much cash. You could have just gone to a Thrift Store for some pairs and ripped them yourself, then you'd have had $195 or so per pair to enjoy spending on something else.

Boasting about buying expensive rubbish is rather sad.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

More fool you for being conned out of so much cash. You could have just gone to a Thrift Store for some pairs and ripped them yourself, then you'd have had $195 or so per pair to enjoy spending on something else.

It's apparently a lot of work. Too much effort if you're not handy with these types of things.

http://stylecaster.com/how-to-make-ripped-jeans/

Nothing personal, but that doesn't make sense. Is it really that difficult?? Hmm.

I literally cannot even sew a button onto something, so for me it would be a challenge. I don't do well with fabrics, mending them or altering them. Besides, I can just get them in the store, someone already did the work for me!

C'mon jollyjones, you have never boasted about buying expensive rubbish? Jewelry, golf clubs, designer clothes, cosmetics, cruise ship art??? Or was it the glass walls of your house?

Hey, I'm one of the cheapest SOB's around and even I have proudly bought a few bits of expensive rubbish in my day. You admit yours and I'll admit mine.

C'mon jollyjones, you have never boasted about buying expensive rubbish? Jewelry, golf clubs, designer clothes, cosmetics, cruise ship art??? Or was it the glass walls of your house?

Hey, I'm one of the cheapest SOB's around and even I have proudly bought a few bits of expensive rubbish in my day. You admit yours and I'll admit mine.

Nope.

Don't wear jewelry, don't play golf, make my own clothes or alter thrift store ones, don't wear makeup and as for cruise ship so called art, I don't even know anyone stupid enough to waste their money on it, l certainly don't.

Happy to pay big bucks on something if I think it will be of value to me, but don't boast about it. Cultural difference perhaps.

You can just get a $10 pair at Walmart that'll rip naturally within a month. ;p

A $10 pair of jeans vs a $200 pair of jeans are on total opposite ends of the spectrum regardless of whether or not either of them contain rips. Have you ever tried on designer jeans? There is no comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On NCL, does a staff member actually stand by the,doors, checking everyone for dress code violations? It does seem like a waste of time. Hmm.

The matre d stands at the front and seats you. They would be the ones to enforce the dress code.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

So how'd this work out for you?

Ok, so every woman I know is wearing jeans or even pants that are distressed, holes and unhemed at the ankle. I have one such pair of nice white pants that have holes in the knees. ( I know, nice pants with holes,,but they are super cute!) Do you think they will let me in the dinning room for lunch with these on? Same pants, in black, do you think they would let me in the dinning room for dinner wearing them?

Please no rude comments, it's a fashion thing. Thank you:o

Not for dinner on Celebrity or Royal. Not sure about others

A beautiful woman with a great figure can wear just about anything and still look as if she stepped out of a fashion magazine and others can wear designer clothing and nobody will notice them.

I couldn’t care less what people wear , I am not there for that.

Wear what ever is comfortable ( yes there is a dress code for torn jeans not being allowed for dinner in some restaurants) the worst that can happen is that you may need to go back and change.

Don’t worry about other people, you will most likely never see them again in your life anyway.

Enjoy and have a great cruise, whatever you wear.

Wow! People are so nasty! Why is it necessary to be insulting and call people names? Didn’t your mother teach you “if you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all”?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow! People are so nasty! Why is it necessary to be insulting and call people names? Didn’t your mother teach you “if you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all”?

Do you mean like calling people "so nasty"?:rolleyes:

If you can express your opinion (even if it isn't "nice"), so can others.