Diamond Plus Experience

KKMurphy2

Last time I checked, D+ was still welcomed into CL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, they are on the Grandeur. I just said that if we lose that privilege, it will not upset me. I like to use the Concierge Lounge during the day on the Grandeur for the views, but if they no longer allow D+ in the lounge, I will just sit in the Viking Crown Lounge....same views.

Gwen :D

Yes, they are on the Grandeur. I just said that if we lose that privilege, it will not upset me. I like to use the Concierge Lounge during the day on the Grandeur for the views, but if they no longer allow D+ in the lounge, I will just sit in the Viking Crown Lounge....same views.

Gwen :D

I'm assuming that Grandeur layout is identical to Enchantment. I like the VCL

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

i was told back in may the old cl was going to be a D+ only lounge instead of a card room on liberty of the sea

No ships I know of have a D+ only lounge but one on Liberty would be nice. They just redesigned the lounges in February 2016 to include a Diamond Lounge, for D and D+, and a Suites Lounge for GS and upward and Pinnacles.

I doubt seriously if they are gonna have a D+ only lounge on Liberty. No other ship has that.

Yes, inspection was 22 Oct. We had received an email about it. We ate in CK one night on our second week. NOT impressed. Food was meh and service was just ok.

On GR, the CL is IN the VCL, not above. When you come up the stairs, the CL is just to the right of Izumi, entrance is to the left of the elevators. The CL happy hour usually extends out into the VCL to include the entrance area between the two elevators. They rope it off. The DL on GR is usually very busy due to the sheer number of repeat cruisers out of the DC/Baltimore area. We much prefer the CL. Easier to get drinks and apps. We're on GR once or twice a year when we're not on another ship(April and Nov usually). We were on in March 2014 when the deck 10 running deck split due to high waves and cold temps. We had 30 foot seas one day as well as high winds. We're on GR in April 2018 then on Anthem in Oct 2018 and GR in March of 2019.

Ok i was thinking of the dl on enchantment then. I believe on enchantment the dl is in the space above the viking crown lounge. On grandeur it is izumi above there? The cl is in the same place on both ships right?

I have had never had a problem findng a seat in the overflow area the times we have sailed on grandeur. It is standing room only inside the d lounge if you dont arrive an hour early. But there were seats available at all times in the overflow(which is the whoke south paciic lounge venue).

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

The SL on Liberty has been for Suites and Pinnacles only since April 2016. The card reader was finally installed and working July 1, 2017. However, for a few weeks, the D+ Cards were working in the reader and a few D+ we’re entering the Lounge unauthorized. There is a sign next to the card reader, showing a picture of a Gold Card, which states only cruisers with Gold Cards are allowed in the lounge. Sometimes the Concierge is too busy to notice those unauthorized to enter.

Guess you can say yes, something has changed since you were on the Liberty, the D+ Cards have been fixed so they no longer work in the SL Cardreader.

Carla

Perhaps I'm reading more into you're wording :eek:....but how dare those D+ loyal but "unauthorized" enter where their not allowed...Thank goodness that's "finally" been fixed !! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That would be great, unless you were a bridge or Mah Jong player

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We need 2 D,D+ lounges on these big ships to comfortably sit all the relevant members.

If they don't the numbers are unsustainable and the lounge will have to become a D+ lounge only and D compensated by drinks added on their cards that they can use in any bar at any time during the day or night not just D cocktail hours.