Diamond Plus Experience

KKMurphy2

The Concierge Club on Radiance class ships is so much better than the Diamond Club. A great outdoor seating area, and my favorite a bar.

Another thing that RCCL did that makes no sense, agree Radiance ships like Brilliance have such a great concierge lounge then next class Voyager is much smaller with no ocean view and no outdoor space . Agree it was also my favorite bar

Thanks for the tip. We will be on the Oasis next week, and I was wondering what it might be like. Will wait till 6pm.

We were on Oasis 22-29 Oct and 29 Oct-5 Nov (b2b) and the experience was very different each week. The week of 22 Oct, we went at 6-615 every evening and had no trouble getting a seat in the lower level every night, mostly right next to the windows. The week of 5 Nov was very different. It was very crowded all evening and we walked into a very busy room most nights. We only got a seat near the window twice and that was when our tablemates happened to be there and grab one before we got there. We sat upstairs for at least 15 min a couple of times and only got a table downstairs because I kept checking. Both weeks, there were groups that knew each other from previous sailings, but there were more the second week than the first so they took up large areas. We befriended a bar waiter (Orville) in the DL and he took care of us both weeks so we never had to wait long, which we have experienced on other ships when there are groups that sail that ship regularly. Anyway, my point is, 6 might be okay, and then again, it might not. It just depends on the mix of people.

Another thing that RCCL did that makes no sense, agree Radiance ships like Brilliance have such a great concierge lounge then next class Voyager is much smaller with no ocean view and no outdoor space . Agree it was also my favorite bar

I thought Voyager was older

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We were on Oasis 22-29 Oct and 29 Oct-5 Nov (b2b) and the experience was very different each week. The week of 22 Oct, we went at 6-615 every evening and had no trouble getting a seat in the lower level every night, mostly right next to the windows. The week of 5 Nov was very different. It was very crowded all evening and we walked into a very busy room most nights. We only got a seat near the window twice and that was when our tablemates happened to be there and grab one before we got there. We sat upstairs for at least 15 min a couple of times and only got a table downstairs because I kept checking. Both weeks, there were groups that knew each other from previous sailings, but there were more the second week than the first so they took up large areas. We befriended a bar waiter (Orville) in the DL and he took care of us both weeks so we never had to wait long, which we have experienced on other ships when there are groups that sail that ship regularly. Anyway, my point is, 6 might be okay, and then again, it might not. It just depends on the mix of people.

Our group was on 2nd week but I thought they hung out upstairs.

We came every night after dinner. Around 7:30 and they were there

I am not flaunting my status. I do not wear my pin, I don't have a sign. I have cruised multiple times and enjoy the experience. I don't care what lounge I am in; I just want the relaxing experience that the list of perks said I receive. I don't know what your problem is, but my comments were straight forward and not belittling. Don't introduce your mean self to me anytime soon. Thanks. :cool:

I agree that comment was not nice. I agree with your post it was not belittling or sounding like you ever wanted to flaunt your status. The lounge is a perk and not a status flaunt. I don’t know why some people think that enjoying cl is about flaunting the status. My husband and I also enjoyed the option of cl in the past. The service was more personal and the atmosphere in the cl lounge was more intimate. On our last cruise the diamond lounge was packed and was hard to find a seat. The waitstaff was overwhelmed and could hardly keep up. There were not even plates for the food they displayed because they could not bring them out fast enough.

It’s not about just getting a drink it’s about enjoying the company and atmosphere . For us it’s a big part of our cruise experience. We really enjoy going to the lounge before dinner to unwind. We always preferred concierge lounge because it was always calmer.

Interesting--thanks for clearing that up some. So basically, you are only interested in meeting a handful of new people and hten developing a relationship with them over a longer time frame with teh daily meet up?

What truly is your problem and why do you want to be argumentative and judgmental of me? I cannot meet 2000 people that are on a cruise ship, and if I go to one lounge (let's pick the Schooner bar), the same people do not go every night. We have had a lovely time on our cruises, going to the Diamond or Diamond plus lounge and visiting with people every night. Yes, it is easier to develop a relationship with people in such a setting. Just like we make friends with our dining table mates and always request the large table for the set time at dinner. Egad! These people might not even be crown and anchor members. But it is the consistent conversation over the cruise that builds the relationship.

I agree that comment was not nice. I agree with your post it was not belittling or sounding like you ever wanted to flaunt your status. The lounge is a perk and not a status flaunt. I don’t know why some people think that enjoying cl is about flaunting the status. My husband and I also enjoyed the option of cl in the past. The service was more personal and the atmosphere in the cl lounge was more intimate. On our last cruise the diamond lounge was packed and was hard to find a seat. The waitstaff was overwhelmed and could hardly keep up. There were not even plates for the food they displayed because they could not bring them out fast enough.

It’s not about just getting a drink it’s about enjoying the company and atmosphere . For us it’s a big part of our cruise experience. We really enjoy going to the lounge before dinner to unwind. We always preferred concierge lounge because it was always calmer.

Thanks for verbalizing the way I feel. I would enjoy meeting you on a cruise someday. :)

I do not know the dates of your various cruises, but the Radiance class ships originally ALSO had a very small Concierge Lounge, on Deck 9. It has only been recently that they were relocated to Deck 13.

What truly is your problem and why do you want to be argumentative and judgmental of me? I cannot meet 2000 people that are on a cruise ship, and if I go to one lounge (let's pick the Schooner bar), the same people do not go every night. We have had a lovely time on our cruises, going to the Diamond or Diamond plus lounge and visiting with people every night. Yes, it is easier to develop a relationship with people in such a setting. Just like we make friends with our dining table mates and always request the large table for the set time at dinner. Egad! These people might not even be crown and anchor members. But it is the consistent conversation over the cruise that builds the relationship.

Don't get sucked in by those that try to rewrite your original post. Like others, we learned that waiting until 6 may provide you with a opportunity to grab a seat. Except for the SL on the Oasis Class, we've pretty much sworn off the lounges. We always get the drink package and I'm not the most sociable guy on the ship. Give it another go on your next sailing.

There is no such thing as a Diamond Plus Lounge.

I did not mean to be argumentative nor judgemental and I am sorry I came across that way. I actually meant what I said, that I appreciate the clarification, I've read over and over about meeting people in the lounges and always been confused as to why this is not possible elsewhere and had not considered the desire to meet a smaller number but then have a strong likelihood of seeing the same people night after night to develop a relationship.

That's all.

I'm glad you enjoy the lounges. I'll continue to enjoy them on cruises when they are not overflowing and happily enjoy my drink coupons otherwise. I manage to run into people many times over the course of a cruise lounge or no lounge, but it is more sporadic and I can appreciate maybe not for everyone.

There is no such thing as a Diamond Plus Lounge.

In that poster's defense, on our recent TA on Freedom there were two overflow lounges set up. One was only for D+ or Pinnacle and was in Olive or Twist. The other for D or above should they choose was in Star Lounge

In that poster's defense, on our recent TA on Freedom there were two overflow lounges set up. One was only for D+ or Pinnacle and was in Olive or Twist. The other for D or above should they choose was in Star Lounge

Did they close the existing Diamond Lounge? I don't mean lock it up, just no happy hour services.

I do not know the dates of your various cruises, but the Radiance class ships originally ALSO had a very small Concierge Lounge, on Deck 9. It has only been recently that they were relocated to Deck 13.

Yup, I remember that. I can't remember which one was the last to finally change out the CL and add the DLs...maybe Jewel or Brilliance? Before DL was added from a walled off section of VCL, and CL went into the old cigar bar, there was just that tiny CL near the elevators (on deck 10 actually, the same deck as the suites). I believe that old CL space was turned into a multi room family JS suite.

Did they close the existing Diamond Lounge? I don't mean lock it up, just no happy hour services.

It was open at other times of the day for all---and I think it was for D+ during happy hour (since the enterance is through Olive Or Twist I think it was the normal lounge plus the bar area were all considered as one and for the D+ at that time)--though I never tried to head over there during happy hour to be sure.

I was on for one of those sailings that did that.

There was a very large number of upper tier C&A members on that one. A sign at the door that directed us to where the adult beverages were being served for cocktail hour.

Still could use the DL for coffee, light breakfast, concierge...etc.

On my first Oasis cruise, before the addition of the SL and when the CL was where the DL is now...the DL was very tiny little lounge off the Promenade. No cocktails served there at night, D's had to use Blaze. We bounced from the CL to Blaze and back each night.