Gratuity Removal Too Easy?

spj8705

If US Citizens, and please tell me what ships (Not US Flagged) use US Citizens in these low level jobs?

I have no idea if there are any US citizens in any particular crew position, I just know that they don't get a pass at IRS rules.

If US Citizens, and please tell me what ships (Not US Flagged) use US Citizens in these low level jobs? That aside if you can find one he/she is working outside the Untied States and a different set of rules apply.

On Harmony, Environmental Captain, a lady from the USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do love all the righteous, pompous excuses for pulling the tips. Simply stated, those folks STIFF THE STAFF. I tip those that help me...well, how about the guy or lady that cleans up after you when you leave the buffet? How about the assistants to your cabin steward? Etc. If you cannot abide by the industry standard of tipping, stay home over try the local KOA campground.

I do love all the righteous, pompous excuses for pulling the tips. Simply stated, those folks STIFF THE STAFF. I tip those that help me...well, how about the guy or lady that cleans up after you when you leave the buffet? How about the assistants to your cabin steward? Etc. If you cannot abide by the industry standard of tipping, stay home over try the local KOA campground.

We rely on you to pay our share. Too bad if you dont like it. Nothing you can do about us except for joining us.

We rely on you to pay our share. Too bad if you dont like it. Nothing you can do about us except for joining us.

Deplorable that you would brag about not tipping the crew. Says a lot about your character, or lack of.

Deplorable that you would brag about not tipping the crew. Says a lot about your character, or lack of.

Anyone brainwashed into donating to a fund to a Billion Dollar Corporation so they can pay their employees is.......

Anyone brainwashed into donating to a fund to a Billion Dollar Corporation so they can pay their employees is.......

Bet you don’t tip in restaurants either.

You’re just cheap. You’re not doing this because of some “principle”.

I will gladly join this club!!!!:D

Cash is king

Get over yourself, some of us do MORE than the standard; I've got $600 for tips in cash sitting 6 inches away. I guess according to you I should leave it home and have the cruise line just charge me $391.50? I'm putting my money where my mouth is and I strongly suspect I'll get much better service than doing the passive "standard". But guess what? If I am wrong and you are right, I'll have a terrible cruise and will have learned my lesson.

RC's rules, my choice. If you don't like how RC operates write a letter to mbayley@rccl.com and tell him to remove the option.

I never remove the auto tip, and I generally tip extra to those who give me direct service. That said, I hate the auto tip. Service was much better under the envelop system. The service staff actually seemed to work hard for tips back then. The last two cruises, my cabin steward had to be tracked down for basic items and service. My waiter in the MDR never seemed to get my diet coke that I asked for with dinner every night (this happened on both cruises so I don't think it was an exception). This just didn't happen back when tips were automatic. Now, these small services issues are growing. I am not one to waste time complaining at guest services about not getting my diet coke at dinner, but I also don't think service would be declining with cash tips in place.

It should be easy since it is a gratuity. It's not my business that someone removes it.

It’s ashame your that cheap, your the type that goes to a restaurant and ask for everything under the sun only to stiff the waitress, those employees that work above and beyond your substandard understanding deserve every tip they get, without the tips they basically make nothing, your a bum, no one likes a cheap ass bum, so do us all a favor and stay home

It’s ashame your that cheap, your the type that goes to a restaurant and ask for everything under the sun only to stiff the waitress, those employees that work above and beyond your substandard understanding deserve every tip they get, without the tips they basically make nothing, your a bum, no one likes a cheap ass bum, so do us all a favor and stay home

Wow do you get some perverse pleasure in writing such drivel?

The thing is, I have a feeling most grats are removed simply b/c people don't want to pay them. I bet most if not all don't really have a service issue for removing them.

Agreed! Some people are just petty and cheap. Do they tip in restaurants at home ? They should think of it that way. The daily tip is equal to one decent restaurant meal tip - not counting all the other people involved. Same in the D lounge - many drink a lot and I never see a tip going with each drink.

Same in the D lounge - many drink a lot and I never see a tip going with each drink.

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it is not happening. Many handle their business discretely. Not something to be flashy about. Conversely; look harder:confused:

Same in the D lounge - many drink a lot and I never see a tip going with each drink.

I never tip per drink. I just sit in an area with the same server and give him a $5er at the beginning, and our glasses always remained half full. Maybe you're talking about me for not tipping with each drink. :rolleyes: