Black Friday Sales

So, after sitting on hold for more than 30 minutes they tell me that the discounted beverage package does not apply to my sailing in April. I told them that I signed in to my reservation and it shows $43/person. Nope - doesn't apply to my sailing. This make no sense to me!!!

Got some good deals for our April 2018 cruise, the non alcoholic drink packages were down to 18/pp from 26/pp and some of the cruise excursions were 30% off too. I saved a few hundred overall.

So you were able to get the discount for your April 2018 cruise? I couldn't. I'm on Freedom on April 28th and they're telling me I can't get the discount. They said its not available on cruises that far out. I tried to tell them that I logged in to my cruise and it was there. He couldn't explain it, but said that it was not available.

What an underwhelming "Black Friday" in the Cruise Planner. I didn't see any discounts on anything offered for our cruise that weren't in place three weeks before.

I'm on Oasis next month. Apparently every other sailing got a discount on the drink package but my 12/17 sailing has been and is still at $55/day. Last week not a single excursion was on sale, however now several are 10% - 20% off. Although upon further research, I have found that I can book the exact same or better excursions through companies other than RCI for a fraction of the cost, so the "Black Friday Sale" is worthless to me as well.

Oh well, it is what it is. Cruise will still be a blast. :D

What an underwhelming "Black Friday" in the Cruise Planner. I didn't see any discounts on anything offered for our cruise that weren't in place three weeks before.

We did - on 2 cruises. On one we got the soda/Voom combo at the lowest price we've ever been offered to date, on another, Voom & beverage combo. In contrast, some of the other offers were higher-than-normal starting prices, and with the discounts, they were actually not as great as the might first appear.

I think that it's fair to days some of the 'deals" were deals and some were not, and even varied by ship/itinerary. A close friend actually saw 2 different deals on the same ship on a back-to-back. Two different prices despite the same ship. The only differences were the itinerary (East/West Caribbean) and the date.

So you were able to get the discount for your April 2018 cruise? I couldn't. I'm on Freedom on April 28th and they're telling me I can't get the discount. They said its not available on cruises that far out. I tried to tell them that I logged in to my cruise and it was there. He couldn't explain it, but said that it was not available.

I was able to get the discount for my June 2018 cruise. It was the first time I had seen drinks on sale and all dinner options available. Hope it works out for you. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m not sure how some itineraries don’t count. That doesn’t make sense. I ended up calling and getting the deluxe package. This is for our December 2018 Harmony sail.. I wanted to take advantage of other promotions but I’m trying to space out my purchases since I still have time. I’m hoping the Internet will be on sale in the future like it has been in previous years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're on April 22 Oasis and the deluxe drink package was offered at $43. Maybe call back and talk to another agent. Good luck

On the serenade 2/5/18 cruise drink package is $41. The sale price of internet is down compared to before black friday. On our freedom 2/17/18 cruise, dragon zip line is $78 which is about as cheap as i have seen in the past year.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I went on this morning and I'm able to get the drink package at $43! Problem is that I have $250 OBC that I just redeemed yesterday to help pay for it. This was from my RC Visa. I'm told this won't show up on my account for at least 2 business days! I honestly don't know what I would spend this on other than the deluxe bev pkg. We really don't buy anything on the ship.

I have $300 OBC from booking my next cruise on my last cruise and then this $250 I just redeemed. I should have known that the $250 wouldn't show up right away.

I'm also part of a group booking which seems like that just causes more confusion.

Not sure what I should do at this point. If I could use all $550 OBC I would only be paying $261.84 out of pocket for the bev package on an 8 day cruise for 2 people!

I wonder if I call again and talk to a manager if I could get that $250 to be added.

When I booked my Anthem's 9 nite NE/Canada cruise for Aug. '18, my TA indicated a $200 obc for a non-refundable balcony cabin vs. the $100 that came up when I did a mock booking. . I figured it was a mistake and would be adjusted on-board. Just got a e-mail from RCL for their black Friday/cyber Monday and in reading the very fine line lo & behold it's $200. Horray! However, guess what, when I follow thru on a mock booking it still shows $100. What an IT dept.

We're sailing on Harmony in March. We booked while on our last cruise in the Next Cruise office. It is a D8 Ocean Balcony room (7160). The Black Friday sale show a D7 room $200 cheaper with an OBC $100 more than we have. The reservation we booked was transferred to our TA after the cruise. So questions are....

1. Can I call RCL direct and see if I can get the cheaper price and OBC AND keep my same room?

2. If #1 is not doable, can my TA do it?

Also, no perks yet for my cruise in the cruise planner. We did get the Deluxe drink pkg for $45/pp/pd earlier. Watching that to see if we can save.

Thoughts?

We're sailing on Harmony in March. We booked while on our last cruise in the Next Cruise office. It is a D8 Ocean Balcony room (7160). The Black Friday sale show a D7 room $200 cheaper with an OBC $100 more than we have. The reservation we booked was transferred to our TA after the cruise. So questions are....

1. Can I call RCL direct and see if I can get the cheaper price and OBC AND keep my same room?

2. If #1 is not doable, can my TA do it?

Also, no perks yet for my cruise in the cruise planner. We did get the Deluxe drink pkg for $45/pp/pd earlier. Watching that to see if we can save.

Thoughts?

I believe that after you transfer your booking to a TA, you must have the TA make those changes

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For those of us whose sailings did not receive the "black friday / cyber monday" drink package "sale," has anyone had luck calling and trying to negotiate to get them to give you the 20%-25% that most people seem to be receiving? I may give it a shot but am curious if I'd just be wasting my time or not.

For those of us whose sailings did not receive the "black friday / cyber monday" drink package "sale," has anyone had luck calling and trying to negotiate to get them to give you the 20%-25% that most people seem to be receiving? I may give it a shot but am curious if I'd just be wasting my time or not.

Worth a try, but I'd be surprised if they give you a price that's better than what your Cruise Planner is showing.

My July Alaska cruise has some great discounts. Do they run this sale at other times? We are looking at some very expensive excursions but don't want to tie up 2k so far before the trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My July Alaska cruise has some great discounts. Do they run this sale at other times? We are looking at some very expensive excursions but don't want to tie up 2k so far before the trip.

Sales come and go all the time, they are unpredictable.

• 11 months later...

I’m showing:

Soda $9.99/day

Soda/VOOM $20/day

Rrfreshment $26/day

Deluxe Beverage $56/day

Deluxe Bev and VOOM /69 day

These are advertised as 20% off, but I have no way of knowing what the normal price is.   We are sailing on INDY April 20th over Easter if that makes a difference.