Frustrated with the deception

robbykapnj

Once you posted this:

...you were told no and that it was a computer error and you booked anyway. It's all there. My apologies to the OP for hijacking their thread.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree here. Yep, I posted it and two people said no. Mind you I was already on the phone with Royal by that time. The person at Royal told me it was a new promotion and so I booked. Why would I not believe the person who WORKS at the cruise line? Maybe it was a new promotion, I don’t know! I have been on one cruise so have no clue what is normal and not normal for the cruise line to do.

I didn’t just book it anyway and hope for the best. I called to see if it was real. They said it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That must be why that poster is going with Princess.

I have done Princess, and I didn't find anything that was better there. Princess was not bad, we had a great 2 weeks on their ship from NZ to Australia, but there was literally nothing better. For our anniversary we had dinner on our lovely aft balcony, and it was a glorious affair, but the food was just ok (I understand serving dinner and drinks and champagne and food on an aft balcony is not like you are at the counter waiting for dinner to slide off the grill, but it was a very expensive meal and it was good, but not spectacular. The whole experience was crazy as we basically tied up 3 crew for 2 hours in our cabin.

OK, I have found one thing better about HAL and Princess, they sell you bottles of booze or wine to have in your cabin when you want.

PS, they don't have flowriders.....:confused::evilsmile:

JC

The "non" sales happen with pretty much all the cruise lines. I noticed it first with Celebrity years ago. I used to joke with my husband every time we booked a Celebrity cruise, because I'd start my price watching, see a sale was coming, and teill him the price was going to jump because there was a sale coming up. Sure enough it happened.

I have 3 cruises booked for 2018 on three different cruise lines: NCL, HAL, and RCCL. All three of them raised the price of my cabin category by $100 - $450 per person just before Black Friday. HAL is giving free grats, but not on my sailing.

I have found over the last several years that booking more than 6 months in advance and watching the prices is the best way to get a good price.

Actually, my 2019 cruise has dropped a total of $190 because of the Cyber Sale on RCCL.

Hi Peggy

JC

I have done Princess, and I didn't find anything that was better there. Princess was not bad, we had a great 2 weeks on their ship from NZ to Australia, but there was literally nothing better. For our anniversary we had dinner on our lovely aft balcony, and it was a glorious affair, but the food was just ok (I understand serving dinner and drinks and champagne and food on an aft balcony is not like you are at the counter waiting for dinner to slide off the grill, but it was a very expensive meal and it was good, but not spectacular. The whole experience was crazy as we basically tied up 3 crew for 2 hours in our cabin.

OK, I have found one thing better about HAL and Princess, they sell you bottles of booze or wine to have in your cabin when you want.

PS, they don't have flowriders.....:confused::evilsmile:

JC

RC will sell you bottles of wine to have in your cabin.

On some ships, RC will sell you bottles of booze to have in your cabin.

:)

How is that helping me out exactly? I posted that I spoke with someone who said it was legit. I booked my cruise while speaking to this person. The post after mine said it was a glitch. I asked the person on the phone if it was really legit and they told me yes. I was not aware I was not to believe this person working at RCL.

I am aware that those perks are normally for suite people, which is why I called to make sure it was legit. They said yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think the RC agent was ill informed as was his information to you.

I remember an occasion when my TA was speaking to one of their agents and the agent wanted to speak to me about my open booking i had made.

Once i answered they said don't book with the TA book yourself with me later.

This is why i sympathise wirh you and question their agents integrity

Hi all,

I am very frustrated.

Earlier in the week, Royal Caribbean advised to hold off on purchasing a beverage package as on black Friday it would either go down from $48 to $42 or $44 per day or would remain at $48 and include internet.

I held off on purchase, and while Royal Caribbean is advertising the current price as 30% off, it has gone up $6 a day.

1) RCL misinformed me and I should not have held off as the price went up not down.

2) Why is RCL advertising this as 30% off when it is the highest I've ever seen it for my December sailing. This is misleading or an outright lie.

3) Why would RCL increase the price on black Friday? I would have purchased it earlier had they not suggested I wait.

Very frustrated by the misinformation and the misleading advertising.

I had the same thing happen. Because I am diamond plus, I was advised to wait to get on the ship to purchase my beverage package because I would get a 30% discount as opposed to getting the 20% discount being offered online. When I got on the ship, I did indeed get 30% off but the package was much higher priced so I paid more with my 30% discount than I would have gotten with the 20% one! Lesson learned!!!

Please tell us all how to do our homework if calling the company itself isn't good enough. Are people supposed to call the CEO's office with every question they have? RCI needs to educate the people that they have out there on the front line representing the company. And they need to be more careful about what they put on their website too or they should take the financial hit for this kind of mess up.

Google, word of mouth, travel agent, friends with experience. Cruise message boards. Those are a few ideas to start with. But the cruiselines them self really do not hire people with knowledge of the product . Not really a financial hit to them as there are still going to be people who will be loyal. Its just not RCCL ,

Google, word of mouth, travel agent, friends with experience. Cruise message boards. Those are a few ideas to start with. But the cruiselines them self really do not hire people with knowledge of the product . Not really a financial hit to them as there are still going to be people who will be loyal. Its just not RCCL ,

And, apparently, they don't do much to educate them either but that would probably change if they had to make good on issues like what the OP faced.:rolleyes:

Anytime you talk to ANY salesperson, you should be questioning what they say. My parents live in Florida. When they were gearing up for the hurricane, they went to their local Verizon store. They were worried about losing internet during the storm. They each have a smart phone and my dad has a tablet with cellular. The correct answer would be "use your devices as normal. If power goes out, as long as the cellular network is up, you'll have internet." Nope. The sales guy sold them a Jetback (mifi). Not only did they have to pay for the hardware, but connecting to the Jetback instead of their home wifi put them over their data caps meaning they pay a penalty.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Wanted to post something as we found this very frustrating when booking our cruise to Alaska.

We booked a cruise to Alaska and when doing so were provided the screen below. As you can see in the screenshot the room marked "Spacious Panoramic Ocean View" looks fantastic, so we opted for this room versus purchasing a more expensive balcony room, since we thought the view would be killer with those wrap around windows. Now that we are closer to our cruise date and we starting to plan what excursions we wanted to do and decided to see if there were any videos of the room that we had purchased. We didn't find one that was exactly the type of room that we booked, but found some that they said were similar. When we saw the video we were shocked at the difference in size. We then find out that the majority of the rooms in the category do not look like that.

I know we aren't going to be in the room a lot, however, that type of room should be in its own category or the picture of the rooms in that category should represent what the "majority" of the rooms look like, not the exception.

I am really hoping that this post can be found via a search on this room type so that customers can find the post and do their research before purchasing this room type. I feel that this is very deceitful on RCCL's part and they should update the picture to reflect the majority of the rooms in that category.

1827194512_RCCLSpaciousOceanView(640x279)(600x262).jpg.497cf69a44e741e3d10838dc91790bd3.jpg

What category of room did you book?

The category was a 1L, I believe.

We'll have a good time anyway, but it's just a little better practice (IMO) to represent the room category correctly. We like RCCL overall, but feel that they could improve how they display their room type, especially if it's that different.