Escape-Live/Solo-"The Redemption"-12/02-09/2017...

sid_9169

Moving on to the best happy hour spot in Brickell... I'm going to let you in on a secret. This may look like a tiny taco stand at the entrance to a larger restaurant, but the owner here is the mind behind the Tobacco Road menu on the Escape. It's called Socal Taco, and they serve the best cocktails in Miami... First round, the original Grass Clippings...

6e0dec67cbdf4ecdc5a51c95d671bf47.jpg

And, round two: the Gardner's Margarita... Reposado tequila with red bell pepper and serrano peppers, for a spicy kick... I shouldn't be giving away my secret locations, but this place is worth it if you're ever in Miami...

988822547f9d7474c79bc424625fe0e8.jpg

Sent from my Space Phone 9169...

I'm going to give you the honest verdict on "fine dining" in Miami... I was hoping to be blown away by the number one rated restaurant in Miami on TripAdvisor... Instead, I was left with over $100 tab for one person, and only slightly better experience than last time at Wolfgang's steak house... I routinely cook a better steak at home than the Kona crusted dry aged NY strip they are serving for over $50... In addition, the lobster mac and cheese had exactly one small piece of lobster in it. ($18) The best thing I had was the brussels sprouts with bacon ($12) but it didn't quite make up for the hundred plus dollar tab I'm about to receive...

The $52 Kona crusted dry aged NY strip...

d1d74f42b9d1958a001c8d972ac9c865.jpg

The (alleged) lobster mac and cheese...

96a6c1696dd51617300fe4671515dfcc.jpg

You would think that after spending over $200 on food and drinks that I would be full and drunk by now, but alas the drunkenness and fullness evades me... I think I'm just going to start packing a brown bag lunch and buying a bottle of tequila from now on...

2e5e0b560043c45d8e9510b8e8ebe0fa.jpg

Thank you for this review, am following along. Where did you stay the night before the cruise? Great pics btw x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Atton Brickell... Decently nice hotel, and at around $130 per night, much less than others in the area...

I dinged on board at 11:07, with the Platinum group... A few minutes later drew number 24 for my Vibe pass... Apparently there were 20 or so Haven passengers that got the first several passes...

46c7baa4ab01fb40a242c4bc80c5d6c7.jpg

993b17b4fda5329057db54f6216be410.jpg

A few minutes later, and I was enjoying my ceremonial first drink of the cruise, from Vincent (Curly)

A Patron silver fresh lime margarita...

9fd44b52c31ba993dac3abe7c1bf4dac.jpg