Escape-Live/Solo-"The Redemption"-12/02-09/2017...

sid_9169

The lines have been thrown, and we're under way to Jamaica...

282334780a46d0ddd2f6c2aaccdcc646.jpg

One of the greatest things about the studio cabins is the awesome espresso machine... Much better than the still being had at the garden cafe...

47e912dfdddac68a5159a811cea873ae.jpg

Sent from my Space Phone 9169...

I just got off escape today :loudcry: I will re-live the cruise again through your review. What ppl say about howl is true for night 7. Last night a lot of performers showed up and were playing and singing for us and Tyler jumped on the drums. I had to drag myself out of there at 1am since it was an early day today. Also the dining room menus changed this past week. Seemed like more pasta and less protein. Have fun!!!! I sure did.

A little over a month ago, I sailed the Escape for the third time... Lets just say that it was not my best experience ever. (***Not the fault of NCL or the Escape crew in any way***) Before I even got off the ground in Atlanta, I suffered a broken wheel on my suitcase. Then, once on board, I came down with some serious gastro-intestinal issues that lasted for four days. This overshadowed the fact that it rained for four days. To top it off, I came home with a terrible cold / cough that lasted for another week afterward...

Now, hopefully I will leave all of that behind me, as I prepare to "Escape" once again to the (hopefully) sunny Caribbean. My damaged suit case has been replaced by a brand new model, and fingers crossed, this sailing will erase the memory of my "worst cruise ever"... Again, I will not be purchasing NCL's absurdly priced internet plan. However, I will attempt to be as "Live" as possible with my Travel Pass data plan from Verizon, as well as WiFi in port when I can find it. Also, once again, this will just be the story of my adventure, and not some highly detailed review, with restaurant menus and such...

Our journey begins again, here in Atlanta, and will take you along from here to Miami for a one night stay, before boarding the beautiful Norwegian Escape to the Western Caribbean. After the path of destruction caused by hurricanes Irma and Maria, the original Eastern itinerary was replaced by a few varying Western routes, this one calling on Grand Cayman, Falmouth JA, Great Stirrup Caye, and finally, everyones favorite destination; Nassau... Other than Grand Cayman, this is not really a great itinerary by any means, but I plan on making the best of it, as my next cruise isn't until May of 2018.

Good luck to you and enjoy.

Enjoy your cruise!!! Will be sailing with u in spirit!!! Would love to know the current shows, as someone mentioned that the Brat Pack was finished, or perhaps the current cast? :cool:

I just got off today 12/2. Brat pack was supposedly a new cast just starting my week. After midnight (I didn’t see), fly boys (just started this week. I only saw them in howl), and some comedy acts.

Sid - did I miss anything?

I'm going to blow out my 30 free "Platinum" minutes, so if this post cuts off, my free session is over...

My entire wardrobe for the week doesn't even equal one of Cruise Life Ricks outfits, but here goes...

d2c3633b79d53629f7d02ce7569b69b7.jpg

A few pics from Pincho Tapas last night... Awesome meal.

40200ab953dd9d4437c9e21e506a3588.jpg

afd9d2f6957f9e6e21ae55c55501bb38.jpg

Our cruise critic meet and greet was supposed to have an epic bar crawl today, but only about 12 people showed up... Either way, great fun was had by all...

de8b7ea20210806c54aa3624f2c28b3b.jpg

I broke down and purchased a shot of my favorite tequila, Don Julio 1942: $30 per shot, or around$18 after the upcharge and gratuity from the UBP...

f1b319d61fbc9ff3c62c8f267d866b61.jpg

fd0641b0eabd391382ce839367e1dd70.jpg

After that, it was off to the captains reception in the Haven... My only shot at drinks from the master mixologist at the Haven bar...

First up, smoke and fire.

10ab6752252a55a011048fa4214b2079.jpg

Served by the lovely waitress from Serbia, who used to work at the district brew house, now in the Haven bar...

e330463c7cd6f16c531c793f4c53ba13.jpg

After that, Branco, the Haven bartender mixed up a couple of his specialties. First was the flaming passion.

227ed9db000c328d44147773c214b0f3.jpg

Followed by the Dragon Lady... Awesome drink.

9c09a165a8536e759ddc3fbcdd356500.jpg

Soon enough, my limited time was over, and they sent me back down to row with the plebians...

e4af3a4faff99ef85c64d17d9c3d0954.jpg