Back To Abyss-ness! Live from Harmony - December 2, 2017

Thank you rick, I'll be in a grand suite march 3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Awesome! You will meet the Concierge in front of the Spa on Deck 6 forward and he will walk you up to the helipad. I’ll be getting on the Adventure when you get off the Harmony.

Awesome! You will meet the Concierge in front of the Spa on Deck 6 forward and he will walk you up to the helipad. I’ll be getting on the Adventure when you get off the Harmony.
I believe a&l get in ad i get off hmmm maybe I'll hide something for them

I believe a&l get in ad i get off hmmm maybe I'll hide something for them

Correct. I believe they are sailing the same week I’m on Adventure.

You are both correct. We will also be missing CLR at different ports of call for the week. If you are going to hide something please make it icy cold, in a bottle with a slice of lime and perhaps hide t right at the standup flowrider line. Thank-you in advance.:)

The helipad on the Oasis Class is on Deck 7; however, unlike other Royal Caribbean ships it is a restricted area. So as a perk they open it up for sail-away to the Sky and Star Class suite guests.

Rick,

Another wonderful review with some excellent photos "sprinkled" in. We love the helipad sailaway parties too. Our favorite was out of San Francisco and sailing past Alcatraz while sipping champagne. Thanks for sharing!!!

Rich

Rick,

Another wonderful review with some excellent photos "sprinkled" in. We love the helipad sailaway parties too. Our favorite was out of San Francisco and sailing past Alcatraz while sipping champagne. Thanks for sharing!!!

Rich

Thanks. I will finish up with Quest, White Party and final thoughts tonight. Appreciate everyone’s patience on this one, but I’m committed to wrapping it up.

The helipad on the Oasis Class is on Deck 7; however, unlike other Royal Caribbean ships it is a restricted area. So as a perk they open it up for sail-away to the Sky and Star Class suite guests.

I thought you got to it by walking all the way forward on the jogging track on deck 5 and then there where some doors leading to a crew only area and the bow was beyond that? Deck 7 has forward facing cabins. How do you get to the bow from there?

I thought you got to it by walking all the way forward on the jogging track on deck 5 and then there where some doors leading to a crew only area and the bow was beyond that?

Not sure about that. Doors on Deck 7 take you right out, so if there is an entrance on Deck 5 I would assume a decent amount of stairs would be required. So for accessibility purposes, Deck 7 seems to make sense.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks. I will finish up with Quest, White Party and final thoughts tonight. Appreciate everyone’s patience on this one, but I’m committed to wrapping it up.

Thanks for another great review Rick! I realize I was a little late to the party but was on Escape, then had to Christmas shop... hey, better late than never! Can’t wait for the next one...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ahhh this was just about the greatest review I’ve read in a long time (although it would be greater if you finished it! Lol!)! Your pictures are incredible (like I’m struggling to pick my jaw up off the floor!) and you seem like a genuinely fun guy to hang out with (coming from a solo cruiser who looks for the cool kids on her cruises! 🤣). Hoping to maybe meet you on a future cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Alright holiday hangover is gone, so let’s wrap this bad boy up once and and for all.

I believe I left off with the Sail-away party on the helipad. After watching a spectacular sunset and chatting with Dru and Raj, I made my way back to my favorite spot to see my favorite person on the Harmony.

Any guesses?

05541cdf5c82fd0d78c97dfc1b8203a8.jpg

The only bad thing about the Suite Deck Bar is that it closes at 7pm, but as you can see from the overwhelming crowds lining up for a drink this isn’t a problem for the average cruiser.

All for the best as dinner would be at Jaime’s Italian at 8:30 and I still had to get droided up for our group’s Star Wars night. You’ve already witnessed the suit, but here is the rest of the group.

bdff84d9f80e6338c892d9cfedbb93ec.jpg

I don’t think I will ever find Jaime’s to be an amazing dining experience, both in the atmosphere (way too loud for my liking) and in cuisine, but I’ve resigned myself to the fact the masses appear to like this casual venue much more than its more upscale counterpart, Giovanni’s. Hey, I’m still holding out hope for a Portofino revival.

My Chicken Cacciatore, which proceeded all of the most notable (meat plank, calamari, risotto balls) appetizers, which are best shared family style.

bcbe504ae23a2c3de427a44a6c04f3bd.jpg

After dinner, we headed to the 90s party held on the Royal Promenade. While I didn’t get pulled up on stage to dance like I did in September, my suit did win a few light up rings from the Cruise Director staff. Some of you may have caught the Periscope I did from the party.

95d83cfe86037eacba9374dc6d56dd46.jpg

After the party wrapped up, we headed to the Quest in Studio B. When we arrived the line was already wrapped all the way back to the forward stairs on Deck 4. I couldn’t help but to begin perusing the crowd for the individuals that I thought would actually participate (let’s be honest - most just observe, which is lame) and would be fun to team up with.

Meet Joey and Katie, an awesome couple that I had been partying with in the club throughout the cruise.

3ffb97ce32bd063efb2bbb32f075f515.jpg

Katie, a dance teacher, was sure to bring us a victory. We made every effort to get all of our friends from the club and any other people that looked like fun (essentially dancing in their seats) to come join the best section in the room!

The Quest with Dru is something I have experienced a few times before and once again he didn’t disappoint.

85633969f3f45c55c80114494d549b4b.jpg

Most of the “quests” were pretty standard. One surprise was our results for the worm. I called on one of my club going buddies that I had watched do some insane breakdancing in the club every night for the challenge. Well he decided he would do some sort of upside down worm for bonus points.

440b8086fa376b3507d76691c56b6703.jpg

Let’s just say we didn’t get any bonus points and by bonus points, I mean no points at all!

23338c95d46871073217a32cdf6743eb.jpg

Another surprise, when the request for a male volunteer came up. A 82 year old gentlemen stood right up. What was his challenge you ask? To take his pants off and turn them inside out and backwards.

cbf64653eea480a3e11e26c4b07f1b7f.jpg

Absolutely loved him. His wife was very nice as well, although I definitely had thoughts of hooking him up with Silver Fox. His moves wouldn’t be lost on her!

We also did the reenactment of child birth. Of course the immature drunk would have to play the baby.

44386bbe131f373d7453a9d5aab74285.jpg

02c5cf9644eb4687f38f106ed55747af.jpg

Dru response...”Congratulations, you have a Droid!”

P.S. My new mom was very hot!

One item to note, the male cross dressing dance challenge that has historically closed out every Quest I have ever witnessed was replaced with both the male and female captains switching clothes. Not as fun in my opinion.

In any case, we of course won. Our intermission dance offs were killer. Especially, as we had Katie to choreograph all of our dance routines. I wish there was some footage of that.

You have already seen the winning photo, but it’s worth sharing again! I was of course in my usual spot behind the camera.

307a265a8c5cc5f40e527c5e04dcb4d8.jpg

The party didn’t stop with the Quest, the young and the young at heart made their way to the White Party in the Solarium on Deck 15. I didn’t have my camera, but these photos were on my phone. 🤦🏻*♂️

eb589a9be55b228a360d7a803e36089c.jpg

afe123ff0f63d78c44af1dcc88732239.jpg

595d9914fb9bbced95c96e3d668d17c1.jpg

I also may have done some raunchy dancing in the rain storm that we sailed through if anyone has footage of that, please share!

Woke up the next morning to the smoothest of seas!

3a0bb17daf1211b15d64a7324b56b13f.jpg

After my last session of spin class and Trilogy Boot Camp, I packed up my cabin and headed back to the Suite Sun Deck to spend the last sea day doing what I do best!

aafd0c3644190f4a7b16847a7ee8e317.jpg

c07eaa893845923aee09ca4e712febb3.jpg

19a75c2b01c2ccf4fa6fefaed399664e.jpg

I literally spent the entire day there. I left once to grab food from the Solarium Bistro, which was a quick trip down the stairs.

All the way to sunset!

c3878e77373841217ecfdc8c6f346b1c.jpg

One of the beauties of it being my second time on the Harmony was not feeling the need to cram a whole bunch of activities into my final day.

The last night was pretty uneventful as not that much was going on around the ship. However, it didn’t stop me from putting on my Christmas suit.

82bd3d559d3d5590a06c7b61be2ec21f.jpg

One highlight was the surprise wine and cheese waiting in my room compliments of Andrew and Lisa. Sebastian for the win!

60f3c8695b0a4810c3f4185eb5bf0705.jpg

b1407022be46e3f25318da520cb21540.jpg

Those that were following the Periscopes know that this was a pretty epic treat. A&L truly are the nicest people I know and I’m very glad to call them friends.

One crew member I had to get a goodbye selfie with!

c3be500ade14fdf7c1fc81f29e7c8172.jpg

Goodbye from the club.

1672606387ad0745167587a08e36289b.jpg

When I woke up the next morning, I decided to skip breakfast and I just sat taking in the sunrise from the Solarium as I spent next to no time here during the week.

468fd5d2d58974233a552a31288596b7.jpg

Around 7:45 am, I made my way to the Suite Lounge to get brought off the ship by Raj and the other suite guests. As is the case with the Royal Suite Class, debarkation was as painless as possible and I was in a taxi on the way to pick up my rental car by 8:00 am.

I spent the day in Fort Lauderdale as I had a work conference in Orlando, which enabled me to get some sail-away shots of the Harmony and the Freedom.

1019c9e2a54730252f7b1b7e04c7277a.jpg

1b0d58ed50f503c859dc8d3b8c8f201d.jpg

Thank you Rick. A most excellent conclusion.

Loved the pictures, loved the writing. All around great review.

Looking forward to the next one. I Hope you had a very Merry Christmas and wish you a very Happy New Years.

Dennis

Love your photos and your review! Thanks for doing it for us it has been very very entertaining. I have to ask I don't think I have seen it in your reviews that I have followed...where in the world do you get those suits? They are pretty awesome!! Happy New Year...keep sailing! :-)

For the suite getting off the boat, can we carry our luggage with?? I have an 11:30am flight for harmony. In march. Just wondering if i should do the self disembark or suite disembark

You may, but as a suite guest I promise you that your luggage will be waiting for you when you get off via the Suite disembarkation process. Again, I was in a taxi by 8 am.