Antarctica Live On Board

galeforce9

We are at waterboat point today. Apart from magnificent scenery there is a small station here where 11 brave souls work all summer. Penguins and guano will surround us. And there is a museum and gift shop.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have left Antarctica. Landings every day. Great weather.

Unfortunately just heard a bright star warning indicating serious medical emergency. Very scary as we are not near civilization

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have left Antarctica. Landings every day. Great weather.

Unfortunately just heard a bright star warning indicating serious medical emergency. Very scary as we are not near civilization

I'm so sorry! We had a "bright star" warning during our December/January Holiday cruise while still docked in Ushuaia. Unfortunately we lost a very young crew member. We were all extremely sad! I'm hoping for the best!!

Right. But this call was for deck 9. Repeated several times. Cabin 1901. Bridge is deck 9 in same location as 01 cabins

Pretty sure it's an officer's cabin on the bridge. We were on 9th floor and know where 901 is. Please please keep us posted. This makes me sad, whatever it is.

There has been a death on board. Crew is silent. They have been instructed not to speak until captain mAkes announcement. One person heard it was a passenger although location of emergency was not a passenger cabin. Of course it is terribly sad. I will advise if I learn anything more

As I feAred. Captain Larsen passed away last night. 901 is captain,s quarters. No additional information being released. We all received a letter. Needless to sAy there is a pall on the ship. Sorry to bring you this awful news

As I feAred. Captain Larsen passed away last night. 901 is captain,s quarters. No additional information being released. We all received a letter. Needless to sAy there is a pall on the ship. Sorry to bring you this awful news

I have no words to describe my sadness and disbelief. He was the kindest, most competent Captain I have ever sailed with. He was highly respected, by crew and passengers. Rest in Peace dear Captain Larsen. It was my sincere pleasure to have known you and have sailed with you. I will not forget you.

I have no words to describe my sadness and disbelief. He was the kindest, most competent Captain I have ever sailed with. He was highly respected, by crew and passengers. Rest in Peace dear Captain Larsen. It was my sincere pleasure to have known you and have sailed with you. I will not forget you.

Hear hear

We have had a change in itinerary as well. We are overnighting in the falklands.

A staff member with whom I spoke said that when a crew member died on board capt larsen insisted that “life goes on.” They are following that mantra.