Not Happy with Hidden Fees on NCL

Fromdehood

Brad,

Not implying anything, that is my signature, it’s at the bottom of all my posts. Sorry if you thought it was about you, it’s just my point of view on life.

We liked the Epic during a Med Cruise. We leave in January on the Dawn.

Enjoy the Epic and your time away.

Being Positive makes life better. Look for the Good not the Bad

You should put your signature in the signature block instead of just at the bottom of your posts. It's looked confusing on several of your posts. Just a suggestion.

Has NCL increased fees -Yes

Are already booked cruises grandfathered-Yes

Can you see what total cruise cost is when booking-Yes

Are they hidden-NO

Do a mock booking click on details on cruise pricing and what you pay is right there. There is nothing "Hidden".

Have 2 cruises booked 1 NCL ( Bliss) and 1 Carnival Vista ( it goes where I want to go at the time I want to go).

I know what I'm getting and what I'm paying on each cruise. NOTHING Hidden.

let me add, if there is a limit, certainly $170 is enough for anyone person.

Then the drink prices rise, and the limit gets lower, and the fake package price goes up overall, until you are buying 5 drinks a day for "free" for only $30 a day in service fees. I'd never drink that much either, but I am definitely NOT for changes that negatively impact a customer. Any unlimited plan or flat cover plan that moves to a price ceiling or addtl a la carte is going to be a detriment to most consumers, and provide little benefit to a handful minority. That's why the company does it. To regulate their costs, not regulate guest behavior.

A lot of the fruity drinks are pre-mixed or very weak. If they "ring up" at $10-14 each it won't take long to hit your daily limit drinking sugar water. Either way, something that takes away from another guest eventually will take something away from me. And from you. Let's see if this $170 cap proves to be true or not. Many things are posted about here and the same people rush to say not true, but if true defend it...and a few days later it becomes true and 95% of the people hate the change, lol.

Where's the people who thought cover charges for Margaritaville were a good thing :'):')

All I can tell you is to price your cruises out and find your best deal. It seems as though all the main line cruise lines have gone up on base prices and added fees so it takes a little more effort to figure out what is best but can be done

Yep, that's what you have to do. Because there are differences between the lines in what a package covers you have to also do a bit of research for things that are important to you.

I have never been charged any fees that I was 100% fully aware of before hand, NOTHING was hidden. One's failure to read the terms and conditions and not be aware of all charges does not equate to said charges being hidden.

Well said, very well said...OP is out of bounds on this thread.

No drink limit unless it's new, I counted 97 drinks for the 7 days last cruise, about 14 per day, and I was the RESPONSIBLE ONE!!! ;)

There is a pretty wide variance in both size of person and tolerance for alcohol. On our last cruise for example, we had a 110 lb female friend who rarely drinks and was in worse shape after 3 Mai Tai's in an hour than out 240 lb friend who had 20 miller lights over a 15-hour period. Point being I wouldn't get too judgmental about anyone going over $170 or 15 drinks, everyone is different. Also some are on a buddies cruise and some with family. Everyone has a different vacation and I wouldn't begrudge anyone enjoying their trip as they see fit, given of course they are respectful and not impacting others with wild drunkenness.

NCL Drink package is a great deal as a freebie only and I've found the drinks to be quite strong. I suspect the increase in price and tip is somewhat related to the fact many aren't paying the full price. I am actually not getting the drink package this trip because I used my freebies on 3rd and 4th guests. Plus who needs that 5 lb weight gain? :)

Yes some of their fees have gone up and some, IMHO are just stupid like the cover charge for Margaritiville (so I wont go, it is that simple).

As for the drinks. I just got off the Dawn about 3 weeks ago and found that my drinks were stronger than normal. The bartenders seemed to be adding extra liquor on top of the drink once it was made. There was no limit on the number of drinks one person ordered on the UBP. This does not mean they wont implement it later but I do not need 15 drinks in a day anyway. I want to remember the cruise.

I did do a price out yesterday of a cruise we are looking at booking. I looked at NCL, Royal and Carnival to just get a comparison. With NCL, I priced the cruise out with the drink package and the dining package, so it included the service charges. Royal was 1100.00 more but had 200.00 in OBC, no drink package and no dining package. Carnival was about the same price but no drink package and no dining package, so NCL still came out to be the better deal.

All I can tell you is to price your cruises out and find your best deal. It seems as though all the main line cruise lines have gone up on base prices and added fees so it takes a little more effort to figure out what is best but can be done

Come on Kathy (deladypilot) you have way, way too much common sense!😂😂😂😂

Yes

Looking forward to our 40th Anniversary Cruise in May Vista and Bliss in Jan 2019.

Awesome. We are doing the Pearl next September for our 4th Alaskan cruise and waiting for the rest of 2019 to show up on the website to see what else looks interesting. Just got back from a 9 day repo on the Dawn. and had a blast

Has NCL increased fees -Yes

Are already booked cruises grandfathered-Yes

Can you see what total cruise cost is when booking-Yes

Are they hidden-NO

Do a mock booking click on details on cruise pricing and what you pay is right there. There is nothing "Hidden".

Have 2 cruises booked 1 NCL ( Bliss) and 1 Carnival Vista ( it goes where I want to go at the time I want to go).

I know what I'm getting and what I'm paying on each cruise. NOTHING Hidden.

What he said ;p

I fully expect the go karts and laser tag to be a fee to use activity on the new Bliss. Already, I anticipate the lines will be long. I can't imagine how crazy the lines would be if they were free. I figure it'll be roughly the same pricing as K1 Racing or your local higher end go kart provider. The things go up to 30 mph. That's fairly quick for an electric kart. They better have full harnesses on those suckers.