USA Today 10Best Travel Awards....

Bo1953

BUT, however, those newer locks cost more for passage and do have the charm and character of those earlier, 1900's parts of this historic canal..

Did you mean to say "do not have"? :)

Did you mean to say "do not have"? :)

YES!! Appreciate this sharp-eyed catch and smart attention to detail by our Texas friend. Did mean to say "do NOT have".

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 221,110 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

And I know people who would take Holiday Inn over W Hotels. RCL closed today at $124 and Carnival Corp at $66. RCL must be doing something right.

Can't imagine what that is. They certainly do not take as good care of their stockholders as Carnival Corp does theirs. Compare the shareholder OBC percs and terms of each. Check out Princess for how they will compound all OBC.

X is one of my favorite cruise lines though.

I do enjoy Princess and HAL but not Carnival cruise ships. It's just not my demographic.

BTW: IHG has one of the best rewards plans available.

Who is W hotels?

Can't imagine what that is. They certainly do not take as good care of their stockholders as Carnival Corp does theirs. Compare the shareholder OBC percs and terms of each. Check out Princess for how they will compound all OBC.

LOL!!! Because REAL shareholders, the ones who don’t play in the little league, could not care less about perks and OBC. They buy shares worth millions as an investment or because they are part on a fund - not 100 shares for OBC and the feeling of entitlement.

I am a shareholder myself. Not playing the big boy‘s game, however, owning multiple times the required 100 shares. I do not waste a thought on OBC. I am just happy that I purchased the shares years ago under 25 $. If I sold them today, I could spend the next months cruising...

and it would definitely not be with Carnival.

Shares are an investment, not a tool to acquire some OBC - and it comes with a risk. Let me give an example not involving the complexity of worldwide economy. Let’s say you would buy 100 Carnival shares for OBC tomorrow. Let’s just for a second entertain the ridiculous thought some Costa captain (Costa is part of the Carnival Corp.) wants to impress his girlfriend, hits a rock and the stock price goes south. What good does the OBC when you loose the rest?

Edited by Miaminice

I do enjoy Princess and HAL but not Carnival cruise ships. It's just not my demographic.

Who is W hotels?

W Hotels is own by Starwood Hotels and is a high-end hotel chain. Great hotel company.

I did not buy the stock for the OBC benefit. When I purchased RCL at $9 I thought it was a good financial risk. With the dividends and increasing value, very happy here.

I am sure that it can be scewed because of the amount of passengers that sail on Carnival compared to other cruises lines.

It can also depend on the passengers that would rather do something else than waste their time voting on meaningless polls and surveys.

Happy cruising ����������

Exactly. The numbers are scewed because the larger ships have more passengers, so there are more people voting who cruise Carnival verses Oceania, Azamara, Silversea, or even Celebrity, etc.

Who is W hotels?

Was just at a holiday party held at a W hotel the other night. It was a very nice hotel and owned by Starwood.

W Hotels is own by Starwood Hotels and is a high-end hotel chain. Great hotel company.

I did not buy the stock for the OBC benefit. When I purchased RCL at $9 I thought it was a good financial risk. With the dividends and increasing value, very happy here.

The W's are some of my favourite places to stay!

bon voyage

Shares are an investment, not a tool to acquire some OBC - and it comes with a risk. Let me give an example not involving the complexity of worldwide economy. Let’s say you would buy 100 Carnival shares for OBC tomorrow. Let’s just for a second entertain the ridiculous thought some Costa captain (Costa is part of the Carnival Corp.) wants to impress his girlfriend, hits a rock and the stock price goes south. What good does the OBC when you loose the rest?

Sounds like a great buying opportunity to me because the Carnival stock price will rebound.