USA Today 10Best Travel Awards....

Bo1953

Hello all, not sure if this is allowed, but here goes...

USA Today is holding its' annual 10Best Travel Awards voted by readers...

You can find the category which X is in here if you wish to vote.

bon voayge

Well, the fact that Carnival and Costa are above X and other quality cruise lines (which are probably even better than X) says a lot about the poll.

I love Readers' Choice Awards. Our local newspaper runs them every year and SURPRISE, SURPRISE, the winners are always the companies/service providers who are the largest advertisers with the paper. :confused: Write a big cheque to the advertising department and Shazam, you win the Readers' Choice award for the year!

Well, the fact that Carnival and Costa are above X and other quality cruise lines (which are probably even better than X) says a lot about the poll.

LOL m - for me it says a lot about those who are voting and/or have knowledge about the voting more so than the actual standing(s).

Although I would love to see X have higher standings, overall, yet that may not be and that is fine, too, at least for me.

We all have our preferences, for sure.

bon voyage

Thanks for sharing this poll. The party cruise line is ahead of Celebrity.

c - it just speaks to what type of readership USA Today has for this particular poll. Not to knock these types of readers/voters, just pointing out a different demographic participating.

I think X ranks a bit higher in polls conducted by T & L, Conde Nast and the like...

bon voyage

I love Readers' Choice Awards. Our local newspaper runs them every year and SURPRISE, SURPRISE, the winners are always the companies/service providers who are the largest advertisers with the paper. :confused: Write a big cheque to the advertising department and Shazam, you win the Readers' Choice award for the year!

Papers operate on revenue and it is no different on the cruise ship. Those recommended stores in the port are recommended because they pay a fee to the cruise line. That paper that you fill out for the ships guarnatee is only for proof that people are spending money at their store.

I also found that doing research on line to find the best rated product operates the same. The products are rated highly because of the endorsement. Look at the very bottom of the site to see the disclaimer that they have to have by law.

Happy cruising 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅

Those who think Carnival is better than Celebrity, take a 7 night cruise and report back.

w - LOL, I have seen the adverts and ships in port and knew right away were I booked on those vessels losing my money would be a pure please just not to go into the terminal to board...

This is not to say that these fine vessels do not have a market niche, they as a rule are not for me....

Now were I a part of a whole ship charter, that might be a different situation to consider, slightly, boarding... :cool:

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

Those who think Carnival is better than Celebrity, take a 7 night cruise and report back.

I have very dear friends who cruised with us on our 15 night Celebrity Infinity Panama Canal Oct 24-Nov 8. This was their first Celebrity cruise as they mainly cruise Carnival. They prefer Carnival over Celebrity. Perhaps if we had been on a S class they would think differently, I don't know.

I have very dear friends who cruised with us on our 15 night Celebrity Infinity Panama Canal Oct 24-Nov 8. This was their first Celebrity cruise as they mainly cruise Carnival. They prefer Carnival over Celebrity. Perhaps if we had been on a S class they would think differently, I don't know.

I totally understand that. If my first cruise with Celebrity was on an M class rather than an S class, I would not have a great opinion either. Carnival is not for me no matter if it was free. I do my research before I sail...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

These same polls often rank Olive Garden as the #1 Italian restaurant in their town.

And I know people who would take Holiday Inn over W Hotels. RCL closed today at $124 and Carnival Corp at $66. RCL must be doing something right.

And I know people who would take Holiday Inn over W Hotels. RCL closed today at $124 and Carnival Corp at $66. RCL must be doing something right.

The stock price is only 1/2 the equation. You have to know the number of shares outstanding to figure the value of the company. Share price times number of shares tells you what the company is worth.

LOL m - for me it says a lot about those who are voting and/or have knowledge about the voting more so than the actual standing(s).

Although I would love to see X have higher standings, overall, yet that may not be and that is fine, too, at least for me.

We all have our preferences, for sure.

bon voyage

:) Which was my message in between the lines.

As to the standing... I feel the same way. I might be surprised, but I do not really care. If I like something, I like it whether others rank it high or low.

Plus, different people have different preferences. Some might love everything about e.g. Carnival that I absolutely hate. They in turn might dislike all the things I like about my cruise line of choice. There is no right or wrong.

I am frequently surprised about people giving the standard answer: "you will love it!"

How do they know what others like or not?

Plus, different people have different preferences. Some might love everything about e.g. Carnival that I absolutely hate. They in turn might dislike all the things I like about my cruise line of choice. There is no right or wrong.

I am frequently surprised about people giving the standard answer: "you will love it!"

How do they know what others like or not?

Thank you. Continue to be amazed at the way =X= cruisers so brazenly look down their noses at something other than their desired line. This is why there are different cruise lines. And why cruisers on some of those other lines consider some Celebrity cruisers as snobs. Have cruised about 1000 days on 10 different lines and find advantages and disadvantages of each. Some may or may not be "for me" but that doesn't deter from the fact that they may be perfect for someone else. To each their own. Different strokes and all that....

It's not possible that Carnival be the No. 1 and Crystal the No. 9

I am sure that it can be scewed because of the amount of passengers that sail on Carnival compared to other cruises lines.

It can also depend on the passengers that would rather do something else than waste their time voting on meaningless polls and surveys.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I totally understand that. If my first cruise with Celebrity was on an M class rather than an S class, I would not have a great opinion either. Carnival is not for me no matter if it was free. I do my research before I sail...

Agree being on a Solstice-class ship does make a major, significant difference. BUT, the Solstice ships do not fit through the older, most-used Panama Canal locks. BUT, now, the Solstice ships can go through the newer, larger locks in Panama. BUT, however, those newer locks cost more for passage and do have the charm and character of those earlier, 1900's parts of this historic canal.

THANKS for posting this link! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 190,310 views for this posting.