Cabo San Lucas - Ship Time

Deep68

I am excited as we are going to be boarding the Ruby on Saturday for the Christmas cruise.

I had a question about ship time in Cabo San Lucas and was wondering if it is the same as local time?

We are scheduled to arrive at 7am and I have a private excursion booked at 8:30am.

I wanted to be sure that a 7am arrival time is 7am local time to ensure I have enough time to get the tender for my excursion.

Thanks

Been to Cabo many times by ship and ship’s time has always been local time. Princess, with rare exceptions, adjusts ship’s time to the GMT of port (local time.)

IIRC Princess goes forward an hour before the first MR port. So they’ll match port time in Cabo, Loreto and La Paz. But they won’t go ahead for PV, so they’ll be an hour behind there.

I am excited as we are going to be boarding the Ruby on Saturday for the Christmas cruise.

I had a question about ship time in Cabo San Lucas and was wondering if it is the same as local time?

We are scheduled to arrive at 7am and I have a private excursion booked at 8:30am.

I wanted to be sure that a 7am arrival time is 7am local time to ensure I have enough time to get the tender for my excursion.

Thanks

8:30 a.m. might be too early. The 7 a.m. arrival means that's about when they drop anchor. Then they have to lower the tenders to bring people ashore. First priority on the tenders is for people booked on Princess tours. You may have up to an hour wait after tender service starts before you can get on a tender, then allow about 20 minutes for the transit to the pier.

Jackie

Been to Cabo many times by ship and ship’s time has always been local time. Princess, with rare exceptions, adjusts ship’s time to the GMT of port (local time.)

GMT stands for Greenwich Mean Time also called UTC and in the military zulu. It refers to the median running through Greenwich England and is the standard time used all over the world. Local time is expressed as so many hours +/- GMT. Right now in the US central time zone, we are 6 hours behind GMT/UTC/zulu so -6 GMT.

Just got off last week. It's local time and they sent the first tender out at 7:04. As long as your excursion meets at or close to the marina you will be fine. The lines getting off were pretty quick and the tender ride was no more than ten minutes.

Thanks for the information the excursion is about a 5 mins walk so it sounds like we should be OK if we get in the tender ticket line early.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Puerto Vallarta and Cabo, ship's time will be the same as port time. On the first or second night of the cruise, the ship will advance its time by one hour, putting the ship's time the same as PV and Cabo.

Between PV and Mazatlán, the ship does NOT adjust its clocks, which means that the ship's time will be one hour behind Mazatlán's port time. As voljeep said, the ship will take pains to inform you of this.

Thanks for the information the excursion is about a 5 mins walk so it sounds like we should be OK if we get in the tender ticket line early.

Private tour operators are in sync with ship's arrival time so you will be fine with your plan to get in the tender ticket line early since those on ship's excursions are given priority tender access.