Oriana late departure

Thorthepony

Sorry but Oriana has not been fit for purpose for some considerable time. I know all ships can have problems but Oriana seems to have persistent problems especially due to plumbing problems and with the unexpected cancellation of the cruise in January I think time has come for P&O to get rid of Oriana as she is not fit to be operating as a cruise ship with its continuous faults.

I have done 5 cruises on her and only the last one had a problem.

We had issues with water in out stateroom nearly 4 years ago when we had back bits in the water from the tap and intermittent brown water through the shower for the whole cruise, one morning corridor outside our stateroom was taped up all up the walls and on the carpet for a considerable length and water pouring from ceiling and also various public toilets throughout the ship out of order all cruise. Since then she has had many reports of plumbing issues on this and other cruise forums and P&O Facebook page.

Did the 50 night cruise at the beginning of the year and have just got back from the 14 night Canaries cruise on her.

Apart from the long standing noise/vibration at the stern there were no problems on either cruise.

Got two more cruises booked on her next year so don't want or see any need for her to be pensioned off just yet.

Yes the same boiler problem on our last cruise gave us overnight in Gib. And disembarked 24 hours late. No comp. offers made other than a glass of house wine at dinner an offer made after we had eaten. Wine waiter declined the drink for later. Kbee

Sorry but Oriana has not been fit for purpose for some considerable time. I know all ships can have problems but Oriana seems to have persistent problems especially due to plumbing problems and with the unexpected cancellation of the cruise in January I think time has come for P&O to get rid of Oriana as she is not fit to be operating as a cruise ship with its continuous faults.

Quite agree, we have been on her 5 times without any problems and always enjoyed it but seems to have problems too often now. We are on again in Feb for a short cruise but think that will be the last time.

We had issues with water in out stateroom nearly 4 years ago when we had back bits in the water from the tap and intermittent brown water through the shower for the whole cruise, one morning corridor outside our stateroom was taped up all up the walls and on the carpet for a considerable length and water pouring from ceiling and also various public toilets throughout the ship out of order all cruise. Since then she has had many reports of plumbing issues on this and other cruise forums and P&O Facebook page.

On our last Oriana cruise the engines cut out for 60 minutes.

A group of us in Anderson's were talking about it and some said it was quite usual with Oriana.

So many rumours about this ship. Latest goss is that P&O are actively looking for a buyer and if one appears it could be an immediate sale , all future voyages will be cancelled. But who knows?

A shame if she does go, for me one of the best ships. But it would also fit in with P&O seemingly moving towards huge vessels , have never heard talk of them looking to build a small ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes the same boiler problem on our last cruise gave us overnight in Gib. And disembarked 24 hours late. No comp. offers made other than a glass of house wine at dinner an offer made after we had eaten. Wine waiter declined the drink for later. Kbee

I was on that cruise too. We were given our out of pocket expenses back, bus fare for my friend, kennel fees for us , 100 minutes free internet to let friends know.. As we had an extra night on board, I thought that was fair.

I too love Oriana, but rumours of her sale were voiced a number of times on our Dec cruise. She appears to be advertised for sale as of Nov 2017 on shipseller.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

##

This rumour about Oriana on shipseller has been going on for years on here. I can't find anything on Shipseller at all.

Its market wide. Every ship is up for sale, for the right price. No company the size of Carnival would ignore a sensible offer for one of their ships.

For a new ship, the price would be astronomical and uneconomic for the buyer... for an older ship, the economics are better. A case of negotiation.

Also not unheard of for ships to be sold and finish out their itinerary before officially moving across.

All the broker is trying to do is match buyer with seller at sensible price. They make their money but touting a ship's availability at a certain price until they get a bite... then they approach the owner and offer to play cupid - for a nice fee.