If you're Diamond and in a Suite, do you go to both lounges?

mafig

On Vision in February when we were still D our key opened the CL door.

We only called in to look around during the day and had a coffee.

Consierge was in at the time and greeted us but didn't query our C&A status.

Thank you.

You are now the 3rd person to confirm that the key to opening the CL/DL is a mystery.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

MB said Royal planned to roll out its Star Class, as much as possible, to all ships. This was Star/Sky/Sea classes. Didn’t touch on CK but Suite Lounges were discussed.

Well, we see suite lounges going on Freedom and Voyager class, though no mention of Star/Sky/Sea for those classes yet. Maybe that will come later.

Only passing on what was our experience before Diamond. Maybe the door has been upgraded. Lock on Brilliance didn’t work for CL. Maybe you can find out if it was working on the TA. Some people were in there Guests of Suite Guests and D+.

We are D+ and cruised on Brilliance in a GS. Our seapass cards initially only gave us access to the CL and not the DL. The DL concierge explained this as a programming error and took our cards to have them reprogrammed. Then we got DL and not CL. Another round of reprogramming and we finally got CL and DL access. Sometimes there are glitches. By the way we preferred the DL on this cruise because we had more in common with the other guests there. The CL was full of kids running around unsupervised on several nights.

We are D+ and cruised on Brilliance in a GS. Our seapass cards initially only gave us access to the CL and not the DL. The DL concierge explained this as a programming error and took our cards to have them reprogrammed. Then we got DL and not CL. Another round of reprogramming and we finally got CL and DL access. Sometimes there are glitches. By the way we preferred the DL on this cruise because we had more in common with the other guests there. The CL was full of kids running around unsupervised on several nights.

Never witnessed ANY kids/children in the CL but have seen a few in the SL/CK. The ones we witnessed in SL/CK were probably some of the best dressed folks on board. They had their two boys dressed in same suit and bow tie as their father. We behaved as well. Very nice people.

We were on Brilliance first full week in December and the CL door would not lock.

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

Well, soon Indy will have a Suite Lounge like Liberty does, and Freedom will be the only one in the class with the old CL.

Any clue when Freedom is next due for drydock?

The CL on Freedom has its uses. Suites are on deck 10 and very near the CL. Makes it easy to make morning run for coffee.

Any clue when Freedom is next due for drydock?

The CL on Freedom Class has its uses. Suites are on deck 10 and very near the CL. Makes it easy to make morning run for coffee.

Last one was 2015, so I assume 2020.

That's what I've read about the DL on Harmony. Much more crowded than that on Oasis and Allure.

The DL on Oasis is (for still now anyway) in the old two level CL, and has much more room than the tiny one on Harmony..deck 4 I think?

Even so, the DL indeed was extremely packed on Oasis :( and always had a line to the coffee machine. SL was empty in relation to that.

I am, of course, even less happy with Harmony set up when she comes to replace Oasis. :o

Edited by island lady

No, we cancelled CK when we are somewhere else. I now feel CK works better for lunch and breakfast. Only 3-4 dinner menus appeal to me now.

I really preferred the original 2 menu setup

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I am glad you told me about the steak on night one in CK...delicious! We usually do the BOGO in Chops on that night. Glad we skipped it. Wonderful! :) One of the best steaks we have had on board.

Thanks for that information.

We have been D+ for a few cruises now but on Independence and Freedom we preferred the DL over the CL anyway.

We also prefer the DL on Freedom versus the tiny closed in CL. But I do like the CL for morning coffee and sometimes stop in there for after dinner drink.

We usually head to either the CL or DL on embarkation day to wait for our cabin to open. This also gives us the opportunity to make sure both of our cards work on both lounge doors. Sometimes we have had to have them redone when there is a glitch indeed, but not often..thankfully.

Never witnessed ANY kids/children in the CL but have seen a few in the SL/CK. The ones we witnessed in SL/CK were probably some of the best dressed folks on board. They had their two boys dressed in same suit and bow tie as their father. We behaved as well. Very nice people.

We were on Brilliance first full week in December and the CL door would not lock.

CL on Serenade was overrun with kids on our Easter cruise. They eventually went outside.

They did take over the stage area a few nights which was amusing to me.

CL on Serenade was overrun with kids on our Easter cruise. They eventually went outside.

We were amused by the same P’s on the stage on 11 night Thanksgiving cruise, Serenade . One was watching over the Blue Cheese and complained loudly when it was gone. The Boss, she is not fond of kids but they don’t bother me. I think we counted maybe 6 the entire cruise and not one in CL. I guess we have been lucky. Gosh, I wonder how our stage hogs would have reacted had the kids taken over the stage in addition to the Blue Cheese. [emoji33]

Don't get me wrong- I have kids and enjoy having them around. But at a nice restaurant, or a more adult setting like the CL/SL, the parents need to watch them a bit. I know it's their vacation, but it is also their kids!

Don't get me wrong- I have kids and enjoy having them around. But at a nice restaurant, or a more adult setting like the CL/SL, the parents need to watch them a bit. I know it's their vacation, but it is also their kids!

Totally agree.

There are a multitude of threads on this forum about the unruly kids in the CL. Have experienced both type of cruises... with well behaved, or lack of kids totally in the lounge..and then also on ones where the kids were completely out of control.

It's the lack of parenting that is the sad thing. Concierge afraid to address the guilty parents due to a fear of retaliation. Shame. :(

When going on Allure I always get a grand suite because of the extras on such a large ship. Otherwise, I'll get a jr suite.......................

but thats not for everyone...............

Or you could book a JS and get a free upgrade to a GS....;) Works for me. :cool:

DS???

DS is a abbreviation for Diamond Superior. It was given birth in a Thread called " I do flaunt my C&A status" and describes those that are C&A Diamond and above that look down on the lower three C&A tiers and brags about themselves being Diamond and above. The whole thread is nothing but ****s and giggles. Some pretty imaginative and funny poster. :D

Edited by davekathy

DS is a abbreviation for Diamond Superior. It was given birth in a Thread called " I do flaunt my C&A status" and describes those that are C&A Diamond and above that look down on the three lower C&A tiers and brags about themselves being Diamond and above. The whole thread is nothing but ****s and giggles. Some pretty imaginative and funny poster. :D

Great description fellow DS.

DS is a abbreviation for Diamond Superior. It was given birth in a Thread called " I do flaunt my C&A status" and describes those that are C&A Diamond and above that look down on the three lower C&A tiers and brags about themselves being Diamond and above. The whole thread is nothing but ****s and giggles. Some pretty imaginative and funny poster. :D

Totally agree. It's a great diversion from the sometimes way too serious and snarky other threads. It's fun to have fun!! :cool: