If you're Diamond and in a Suite, do you go to both lounges?

mafig

Have only done mtd on oasis class. We usually eat in ck for dinner and when we didnt like the menu just went down to mtd. Just went to the podium marked for suites and was seated pretty quick. Did not know that if you had mdr reservations you couldn't do mtd if you missed your assigned seating time. I see no reason if you wanted to goto mtd instead of mdr you couldn't just stand in the no reservations line.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

You can't. When you give your cabin number, if you are listed for traditional dining, the MTD host/ess will tell you that you can't eat in MTD.

Soda, bottled water, and selected beers and wines are complimentary from 11am to 11pm in the Suite Lounge on Oasis class. Not sure if that applies to Quantum class and Liberty.

Does not apply to Quantum class. Standard hours and standard drink availability. Plus CK is NOT connected to the lounge, so no automatic drinks at dinner time.

You can't. When you give your cabin number, if you are listed for traditional dining, the MTD host/ess will tell you that you can't eat in MTD.
Ahh thanks for the info. I guess either we stay with mdr at 530 next month or switch to mtd. Glad to have found out now. While on allure or oasis, if we didnt want to eat at ck we just went to the suites podium at mtd. I guess that is a suite priviledge for ships with ck?

Ahh thanks for the info. I guess either we stay with mdr at 530 next month or switch to mtd. Glad to have found out now. While on allure or oasis, if we didnt want to eat at ck we just went to the suites podium at mtd. I guess that is a suite priviledge for ships with ck?

I know of no suite perk that allows a guest to switch between My Time and Traditional, unless it's a one time permanent switch.

I haven't been on Royal for many years, but we are now Elite on Celebrity and will, of course, now be Diamond on Royal.

We are thinking of booking Allure in a Junior Suite.

We are also thinking of booking Allure in a Grand Suite.

:eek:

I was all set to go with the JS until I posted a thread on CK and found out that we might be treated like third class passengers if we try to take advantage of our supposed perk to dine there. "Only JUNIOR suite" is what I've read. So I then looked at the GS but wonder if it's, indeed, worth it, at least without experiencing the Diamond Lounge.

Is the Diamond Lounge nice enough and are the perks in it nice enough for us to go with the JS, at least this time around?

Apparently, Coastal Kitchen is not a perk we can depend on.....maybe we'll get in or maybe not.

So if we don't, do they offer any consideration for Anytime Diners in the regular restaurant for people in JS. Is there a "suite" line that we can go to?

Actually, we have found access to both Lounges in Full Suite regardless of status (Diamond).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We book 8.30 pm after visiting DL and usually they are fairly quick but Allure and Freedom had big queues but by speaking to the RM he insinuated that D+ get priority and we got checked in quickly.

Good luck on Serenade and Freedom hope all goes well and you have great cruises.

I don’t think this is a Diamond + Perk. I believe they were kind too you. Did you mention you were D+?

I think we had MTD on all our Oasis trips this fall. We like the MDR for night 3. Rack of Lamb

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I think we had MTD on all our Oasis trips this fall. We like the MDR for night 3. Rack of Lamb

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

My wife loves rack of lamb also. Never had a problem on oasis or allure going to mtd if we didn't want to eat at ck.

Bob, maybe because we were supposed to eat in ck for dinner, they didn't have a problem with seating us for mtd? Used mtd on allure last year more often because the menus were just harvest and vineyard. When it's the same 2 menus for 2 weeks we used mtd often. This past Oct we used mtd 3 nights each week.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The full suite experience on Oasis class ships is amazing IMO and worth spending the extra.

I liked the ability to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at the CK. That was a big plus for me. There is not much in the way of benefits for JS and having witnessed JS guests requesting reservations for CK being turned away, I am of the opinion that they have lower priority.

I did spend some time in DL on our last cruise. It is a nice space to hang out in but do prefer the more spacious SL.

Here is a suggested strategy. We stayed in a Spa JS on Anthem and we reserved dining times in CK every night pre-cruise in our calendar. No issues. If you get on the ship and want to cancel one night and go to a specialty restaurant (for example) just call or stop by CK and let them know.

How did the restaurant manger know you were D+?

Maybe this is unpublished D+ perk ... stretching for more perks....

They always ask for your stateroom number at the MTD desk, and from that they know all.

How did the restaurant manger know you were D+?

Maybe this is unpublished D+ perk ... stretching for more perks....

I always book MTD on the cruise planner for 8.30 pm.

On Allure last year we were in a long queue for booked times which wasn't moving while the queue for no reservations was moving quite quickly.

I mentioned this to the restaurant manager who said if you are D+ just come to the suite check in desk.