If you're Diamond and in a Suite, do you go to both lounges?

mafig

So is this a D+ perk to use the Suite/P podium to gain preferred access too MDR?

It is not a stated D+ perk. However, it could be a policy that a particular F&B manager / HD / etc. has implemented. These things can vary sailing to sailing depending on management changes.

It is not a stated D+ perk. However, it could be a policy that a particular F&B manager / HD / etc. has implemented. These things can vary sailing to sailing depending on management changes.

Even though i spend time prebooking our MTD on the cruise planner i acknowledge that you still have to wait in the reserved table line.

On Allure and Harmony people who hadn't bothered to prebook were in a separate queue and they were being taken to tables much quicker than us who had booked.

I pointed this out to the restaurant manager and had my prebooked times print out with me and i said what is the point in me spending time prebooking if people turn up on a whim and are seated a lot faster than us.

He was apologetic and told me D+ can come straight to the suite desk.

Even though i spend time prebooking our MTD on the cruise planner i acknowledge that you still have to wait in the reserved table line.

On Allure and Harmony people who hadn't bothered to prebook were in a separate queue and they were being taken to tables much quicker than us who had booked.

I pointed this out to the restaurant manager and had my prebooked times print out with me and i said what is the point in me spending time prebooking if people turn up on a whim and are seated a lot faster than us.

He was apologetic and told me D+ can come straight to the suite desk.

You answered my next question for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in a Cat. JS on the Harmony and got in to CK very easily the one night we wanted to get in.

The Diamond Lounge was packed to the gills and beverage service was slow and not done well at all. There were no tables to sit at and standing room was minimal. Maybe it's different on the other ships, but on HOTS, it's a small room. One visit and we never returned. The free drinks were not worth dealing with the crowds IMO.

... The Diamond Lounge was packed to the gills and beverage service was slow and not done well at all. There were no tables to sit at and standing room was minimal. Maybe it's different on the other ships, but on HOTS, it's a small room. One visit and we never returned. The free drinks were not worth dealing with the crowds IMO.

That's what I've read about the DL on Harmony. Much more crowded than that on Oasis and Allure.

Did you cancel your MDR times on nights you ate in CK?

No, we cancelled CK when we are somewhere else. I now feel CK works better for lunch and breakfast. Only 3-4 dinner menus appeal to me now.

I really preferred the original 2 menu setup

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

No, we cancelled CK when we are somewhere else. I now feel CK works better for lunch and breakfast. Only 3-4 dinner menus appeal to me now.

I really preferred the original 2 menu setup

So you kept you MDR reservations when you ate elsewhere? We tried to cancel ours and were told multiple times it was not necessary.

DL concierge on Oasis says this is not the case. I asked her.

Only passing on what was our experience before Diamond. Maybe the door has been upgraded. Lock on Brilliance didn’t work for CL. Maybe you can find out if it was working on the TA. Some people were in there Guests of Suite Guests and D+.

Only passing on what was our experience before Diamond. Maybe the door has been upgraded. Lock on Brilliance didn’t work for CL. Maybe you can find out if it was working on the TA. Some people were in there Guests of Suite Guests and D+.

On Vision in February when we were still D our key opened the CL door.

We only called in to look around during the day and had a coffee.

Consierge was in at the time and greeted us but didn't query our C&A status.

Some suite concierges ask for room number to look you up, others don't. I've also found that the ones who look you up sometimes don't treat you as well if you're simply D+ and not in a full suite. Just my experiences.

Some suite concierges ask for room number to look you up, others don't. I've also found that the ones who look you up sometimes don't treat you as well if you're simply D+ and not in a full suite. Just my experiences.

Thanks for that information.

We have been D+ for a few cruises now but on Independence and Freedom we preferred the DL over the CL anyway.

Well, soon Indy will have a Suite Lounge like Liberty does, and Freedom will be the only one in the class with the old CL.

You're right, forgot about that. Think it's just a matter of time for all the CL's to be done away with in favor of SL's.

Never tried to see if our cards could open the concierge lounge doors.

Don't you love that homey cl on freedom and Indy? Why would you give that up for the d lounge with those great views [emoji848][emoji848]?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Never tried to see if our cards could open the concierge lounge doors.

Don't you love that homey cl on freedom and Indy? Why would you give that up for the d lounge with those great views [emoji848][emoji848]?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I liked the intimacy of Freedom's CL