Evening Chic Dress Code

JoyFrances

I noticed some confusion on what the rules are for Evening Chic. Someone had mentioned that the men now had to wear either long sleeved shirts or short sleeved shirts with a sports jacket. I contacted Celebrity and was sent the info on Evening Chic which was put into effect in 2015.

"Evening Chic is your night to shine in your vacation best, and will be featured once on cruises 6 nights or shorter and twice on cruises 7 nights or longer.Women should feel comfortable wearing:• A cocktail dress• Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top. Men should feel comfortable wearing:• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater• Optional sport coat or blazer."

When we sailed on the Millennium in October 2016 doing Japan and China, the men I was with wore either dress pants or dockers with golf shirts or short sleeved button shirts.

Hope this helps.

My contact is Celebrity Management. This comes from those in the know.

Your contact quoted you directly from their website and is nothing new.....You are right that there is no change, if anything it is a ship gone rogue which has happened in the past or someone misinterpreting what was on the dailies.

Further...I have been advised by my contact in Management that there has been no changes to the dress code as of yesterday (Dec 26/17).

Next time you speak with your Celebrity Management contact advise that person Celebrity needs to fix the problem where the web site says maximum of two evening chic nights on cruises regardless of length while some ships are holding three evening chic nights. :rolleyes:

I noticed some confusion on what the rules are for Evening Chic. Someone had mentioned that the men now had to wear either long sleeved shirts or short sleeved shirts with a sports jacket. I contacted Celebrity and was sent the info on Evening Chic which was put into effect in 2015.

"Evening Chic is your night to shine in your vacation best, and will be featured once on cruises 6 nights or shorter and twice on cruises 7 nights or longer.Women should feel comfortable wearing:• A cocktail dress• Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top. Men should feel comfortable wearing:• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater• Optional sport coat or blazer."

When we sailed on the Millennium in October 2016 doing Japan and China, the men I was with wore either dress pants or dockers with golf shirts or short sleeved button shirts.

Hope this helps.

yes thanks very much

Next time you speak with your Celebrity Management contact advise that person Celebrity needs to fix the problem where the web site says maximum of two evening chic nights on cruises regardless of length while some ships are holding three evening chic nights. :rolleyes:

Perhaps the poster can also ask why the policy is not enforced and people still dine in the MDR wearing regular t shirts every night.

Hope this helps.

You can wear anything you want on Evening Chicks Night.

There is no enforced policy on Celebrity.

What I really don't like is shorts in the MDR at dinner.

This is such a confusing issue.

Why don't people wear what they feel comfortable and CHIC in.

Problem solved we hope lol.

What problem and how has it been solved?:confused:

Edited by davekathy

What I really don't like is shorts in the MDR at dinner.

This is such a confusing issue.

Why don't people wear what they feel comfortable and CHIC in.

Problem solved we hope lol.

I’m sure women with nice legs feel comfortable and chick in shorts. :D

Dave and Kathy,

The problem as I see it, is no one on these boards know what to wear for evening CHIC.

Also all the ships have different rules. Some are adhered to other aren't.

I'm talking Celebrity ships by.

Why isn't there one rule across the board for this ridiculous problem?

Then possibly everyone who is confused regarding long, short sleeves

Etc. Will know what to do.

There's no problem except here. People who know how to dress for dinner in a nice dining room and look nice will and those who don't won't, no matter what anyone says.

We have been cruising for many years and no one used to need an interpreter to tell them how to dress for dinner. Seems kind of ridiculous to me.

Dave and Kathy,

The problem as I see it, is no one on these boards know what to wear for evening CHIC.

I don't have a problem as I know exactly what to wear on evening chic. What my wife tells me what I'm wearing. :D I've worn formal wear on evening chic. On our last cruise on the Infinity I wore short sleeved polo/golf shirts and dockers on evening chic in the MDR (Select Dining).

Dave and Kathy,

You shouldn't stress.

Just dress nicely.

There are many options.

Just don't dress like you are going to the beach, ball game or corner store.