This is either really funny or kinda sad...

Swells1

I can confirm that these slip ups are not just in the US.

Theres a really famous UK Big brother moment when the late Jade Goody thought Cambridge was in London and East Anglia (a county in the UK) was another Country/abroad. For a Brit these comments are very odd especially when Jade is an Essex girl (very near London).

It's definitely sad. However, I had a coworker ask me if I was worried about icebergs after I told her I was cruising to Cozumel. At first, I thought she was joking, but she was very serious. I lost a little bit of confidence in her that day.

Good quote. I personally Ben Franklin's quote;

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

It looks like a lot of people are working a lot of overtime.... :D and :(

LOL. I like it but I think for some people it just comes naturally.:p

It's definitely sad. However, I had a coworker ask me if I was worried about icebergs after I told her I was cruising to Cozumel. At first, I thought she was joking, but she was very serious. I lost a little bit of confidence in her that day.

Yeah, I hate it when your confidence in the ability of colleagues is just eroded like that.

BTW, Cool handle for this topic.

We were on a road trip from Wyoming to Las Vegas. At one of our stops, on hearing our British accents, we were asked if we had driven all the way from home!! No idea there was an ocean in the way!!!!!!

Here's a question .... If you were playing Pictionary and the card said The UK. What would you draw? And you are IN the US and (pretend) you were born & raised in the US.

That is beyond me. :p

Maybe the card said England and not the UK ... it was a while ago.

I'm asking because at a game one time, my partner, a woman raised in California (me, I'm born and raised in Boston) drew NOTHING. She left it blank. I was incensed because we were playing our spouses and I wanted to beat them AND because she didn't put anything down on the paper.

Maybe the card said England and not the UK ... it was a while ago.

I'm asking because at a game one time, my partner, a woman raised in California (me, I'm born and raised in Boston) drew NOTHING. She left it blank. I was incensed because we were playing our spouses and I wanted to beat them AND because she didn't put anything down on the paper.

My first thought was to draw a globe and then England with Ireland but then I am not American and do not live in the US.

The other thing would be the Union Jack (flag).

My first thought was to draw a globe and then England with Ireland but then I am not American and do not live in the US.

The other thing would be the Union Jack (flag).

I like that! I ... again, being from Boston, would have drawn a pond and a plane going 'across' it. Across the pond .... I would have gotten it! My partner said she had NEVER heard that phrase, she would not have known what it meant if she had heard it. I think it's a difference of being brought up on opposing coasts.

At work, one of my regular customers came running in one day and asked if i could come out and "reason" with the cop who had pulled him over. Being from St Thomas he had handed over his drivers license, and the cop was about to ticket him for not having a license "from the United States"... It took a supervisor to talk him out of writing the ticket.

BUT, to the cops credit, he came into our store a few days later and asked me to explain "what ARE US Territories? "

My Mom was born and raised in Switzerland. When I tell people I'm half Swiss, a lot of them ask where in Sweden my family is from. This is so common I've come to expect it.

My Dad showed me a newspaper article one time, from maybe the 40's, about some international sports event, and even they thought Swiss people came from Sweden!

I like that! I ... again, being from Boston, would have drawn a pond and a plane going 'across' it. Across the pond .... I would have gotten it! My partner said she had NEVER heard that phrase, she would not have known what it meant if she had heard it. I think it's a difference of being brought up on opposing coasts.

LOL, I have heard of it but often the intent is lost in the actual drawing.;p

I live and work in Vancouver. You can slightly see the water from my office. I had a coworker visiting from Toronto staring out my window and asked how far a walk is it to the lake? Lake? Hmmm that would be the Ocean.

Such a great city and a nice place to embark and sail out under the Lions Gate bridge as well.:D

It would have been better than doing nothing! I am not Will & Grace level of game playing ... but I like to win playing against DH & friends.

Not sure about the will and grace reference but am very competitive with my brother.:cool: