Must bring items for first time cruiser

trucker den

From what I recall: 2 duplexes, at the desk ( so, not near the bed [emoji853]). One American outlet. One European outlet.

With all our electronics needing recharging, it is best to bring a converter so you can use both outlets. And a multi-usb extender.

Extension cords with surge protection are not allowed. I have not tried nor read of anyone who has tried a regular extension cord so you can charge your phone or reading tablet at while you are using it from the bed. So one strategy is to start charging your devices for the evening as soon as you enter the room from your day activities, while you are showering/changing/relaxing. Then re-charge during your morning coffee and dressing time.

Your devices might make it through the day and the night without having to be connected to a portable battery!

BTW: there are multiple threads with specific product recommendations on the technology forum.

Happy Sailing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Going on our first Celebrity cruise this fall (Solstice) and want to know how many plugs are in the staterooms (Aqua Class if that matters). Are they for American type plugs and where are they located? Is it true that they do not have any USB ports??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure why you need to know how many plugs... However, you may be interested in the sockets!:p

I got advise on this last year on the forum here - and as a result we have bought 2 x USA to New Zealand adaptors and one has USB plugs on the ride to charge our phones / fitbits.... I'm not sure if it will work on my rechargable razor though as NZ is 240 volts

If you would have packed duct tape you could have made a speedo out of the duct tape. However extreme caution is required when removing. ;p

Hahaha I was going to suggest something more skin friendly, a couple strong towel clips with which to fashion a towel toga:D Also, extra sunscreen and aloe vera gel for the inevitable sunburn:eek:

Or roll the items in a towel first so that they aren't dripping, them use the magnetic hooks to hang them from the ceiling near the AC outlet. They'll dry faster this way. You'll want to wait if you are expecting guests! :halo:

So true. I also prefer to wait until after our stateroom attendant has been through our cabin in the morning. Otherwise he or she must dodge our hanging clothes while cleaning.

Going on our first Celebrity cruise this fall (Solstice) and want to know how many plugs are in the staterooms (Aqua Class if that matters). Are they for American type plugs and where are they located? Is it true that they do not have any USB ports??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

At the desk area there are two 2 American outlets and 1 European outlet. In the bathroom at the ceiling is an American outlet for low voltage appliances like shavers. There are no USB ports.

I need to check the dates, but am I the only historian who posts on this board? The Titanic hit the infamous iceberg on April 14, 1912 about 20 - 30 minutes before midnight, and sank during the early morning hours of April 15, 1912.

I noticed it, too. Maybe a little light sarcasm?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Passport

$5,000 Cash in Small Bills

4 Zero Ballance credit cards with high limits

Lawyers phone #

Condoms

US Embassy contact info for whatever Country I may be near

Handheld GPS (In case the boat goes down and I miss the life raft.)

Backup battery for Handheld GPS

Compass with mirror

Ceramic Knife

1 Neck Tie

Dye marker

300 yds fly fishing line with 10 good size hooks

Hot Sauce

Towell (it's the most useful thing in the universe)

Flashlight

Extra battery for flashlight

Marine Band Handheld Radio

Extra battery for marine band handheld radio

Drumsticks

Vicodin

Penicillin

Motrin

Solar still

Ceramic MSR Water Filter

2 Rolls TP

1 6" Elastic Bandage

Coban

Gauze

Dental Floss

Lighter

Extra Lighter

Walking Cane, preferably Mahogony

Dryer Lint packed in old film canister mixed with Vasoline

Headlamp

Extra batteries for Headlamp

2 Garbage Bags

6 Medium size zip ties

Duct Tape X 100 yards

Para cord

4 Carabiners

List of phone #'s for charter helicopter services in the planned trip area

6 pieces 6" X 18" cardboard

Maps and Charts of appropriate areas

Suture kit

Reference manual on bridge operations for cruise ships in case I have to take over

Bacon

4 aglets ( I get annoyed if I don't have these)

Copy of Atlas Shrugged

Iodine tablets

Cheesecloth

Bit of Foil

1 bottle Red Wine, only to be used in case of emergency

9 forever stamps

-Just the usuals

Don't forget your tuba, bagpipes and bass drum.

DON

Have really enjoyed reading this thread and have laughed to myself a few times. My husband and I fly in to Miami the night before our first ‘proper’ cruise on the Reflection. The 2nd of April can’t come quick enough !! Previously we have only been on a 2 night taster mini cruise with P&O. Because we only live 20 mins from the port of Southampton have watched loads of ships come and go. Have certainly got lots of good ideas reading cruise critic.