do you have to pre pay tips with 'your time' dining?

leono1

Sorry but you are incorrect!

You are not required to PREPAY tips on CCL no matter where you eat. Tips that are not PrePAID are added to your

Sign & Sail Account and paid with your credit card on file when you debark with your other charges.

I've eaten all over the ship and never ever in 14 cruises have prepaid my tips. Yes, I do pay the requested tip amounts and also give extra to those deserving them........

You do not have to pay your tips when you request YTD. Carnival will add them to your account once on board.

thank you very much for your help, thats what i wanted to know. like all my cruises i will pay them at the end of my week\when i leave the ship.

Why would one need to pay differently for YTD than set time dining?

The only difference is that instead of going to eat at a set time with the same people you can eat when you want.

Tips are treated the same way for all.

You NEVER have to pay before you are on board the ship!

Prepaying gratuities is optional. It will be charged to your account on the last full day of the cruise and charged to whatever payment you set up during check in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No offence intended but yeah i know how gratuities work. You can choose to pre pay them as you book your cruise or like me i get them charged daily to my onboard account and i pay them with whatever payment ive set up.

The reason for my post is because a few years ago on RC if you chose my time dining you HAD to pre pay your tips as you booked the cruise, but then around jan '16 RC stopped this rule and you could have my time dining and not have to pre pay your tips.

Like ive said ive never booked or researched carnival so my post was just asking what their policy was with their 'your time dining' and tips on their ships

To PattBenatar-

Your point is WRONG any way you try to spin it. Pre-pay means to pay before you board the cruise so the simple helpful answer to the OP’s question would’ve been NO you don’t have to Pre-pay gratuities with YTD.

If you have nothing helpful to add, add nothing!

According to Carnival's rules, you do not have to prepay tips. If you do, everyone under that booking number must prepay though. By that, it means that if three single people share a cabin under one booking number, if one prepays, they all have to. Kind of like the Cheers program. All or nothing.

In case you were wondering - they enter your folio number when they assign you a table. So then the waiter for that section. Gets your tips. Also. If after 2 or 3 nights you decide you liked a specific. Waiter - like night 2. They can look and put u in that section.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums