New To Princess

Fredbloggs2

My wife and I will be cruising on Golden Princess in Alaska this year. It is our first Princess cruise. We have an 'owners Suite' on deck 15 and I'm trying to understand the various benefits. I found a reference to Complimentary mini-bar set-up on embarkation day. What is this, are the drinks free? Can you ask for particular items? Sorry if this is a dumb questions but complementary setup is not clear, as I already said we are new to Princess and this is not something I've seen before. Also not sure about the various dining options, especially breakfast, that people referenced. Are the benefits the same in all suites.

Complimentary mini bar set up is composed of small quantity alcohol and beer and other non -alcoholic beverages. It is free but no replenishment

You can substitute alcohol for alcohol or non alcohol, non alcohol for non alcohol.

You can also trade the whole thing in for coffee cards.

You get breakfast in Sabatinis, only for suite passengers.

You get lunch (when served) and dinner in Club Class.

One of my favorite benefits is the ability to order off the Main Dining Room menu with room service. We did Alaska in a suite and there was nothing like being able to watch the scenery go by on our balcony and still being able to have MDR dinner selections. You can also have afternoon tea delivered to your suite in the afternoon if you would like. But the best is breakfast in Sabatini's.

Here is a picture of the Mini Bar Set up:

">25025838609_e91dc17c2e_z.jpg

You also get some sparkling water, soda, and beer in the fridge.

Edited by timtrek
adding picture

Breakfast every day in Sabatini's except for disembarkation day was our favorite suite perk last month on the Royal. On the last day, we opted for full breakfast in our cabin. We still had a little bottle of champagne from the two we received at embarkation to make our own mimosas that we had become accustomed to during the previous days.

Sabatini's has a set menu of the usual breakfast items. If there's something not on the menu you'd like, they will make it if possible.

Full suites get all the benefits. Mini suites don't.

One of my favorite benefits is the ability to order off the Main Dining Room menu with room service. We did Alaska in a suite and there was nothing like being able to watch the scenery go by on our balcony and still being able to have MDR dinner selections. You can also have afternoon tea delivered to your suite in the afternoon if you would like. But the best is breakfast in Sabatini's.

Here is a picture of the Mini Bar Set up:

">25025838609_e91dc17c2e_z.jpg

You also get some sparkling water, soda, and beer in the fridge.

And if you like all Gin or all Vodka, you can awap them out by calling room service. You can also swap out the mini alcohol for all beers if you choose. They limit the replacements to what is already available, though.

You can also swap out your mini bar for a bottle of wine (up to a certain dollar amount) and as others have mentioned, 2 coffee cards. Swapping for wine isn;t your best dollar for dollar deal, though ... 2 coffee cards are the best deal going, if you drink specialty coffees.

My wife and I will be cruising on Golden Princess in Alaska this year. It is our first Princess cruise. We have an 'owners Suite' on deck 15 and I'm trying to understand the various benefits. I found a reference to Complimentary mini-bar set-up on embarkation day. What is this, are the drinks free? Can you ask for particular items? Sorry if this is a dumb questions but complementary setup is not clear, as I already said we are new to Princess and this is not something I've seen before. Also not sure about the various dining options, especially breakfast, that people referenced. Are the benefits the same in all suites.

All full suites have the same benefits, ie laundry, specialty breakfast, embarkation day specialty dinner, shoe shine, mini-bar, cocktail hour, etc. Details at website.

As far as the mini-bar - here's the details, what's included, what you swap for if you like, etc. Yes, it's in your cabin, ues it's "free" (OK you paid in your fare, but no additional charge), it's a one time set-up...

Question:What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer:Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each ofCognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2)12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ouncebottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question:What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-barstocked?

Answer:Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks,beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service tochange your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer:You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of winevalued at $40 or less.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles ofliquor?

Answer:No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on aone-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question:Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar foralcohol?

Answer:No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-onebasis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question:What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer:If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will behappy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

• Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis
  • Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards
  • All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

Nice info here. New to cruising and doing our first cruise to Alaska on Ruby this July.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Enjoy your cruise KoolJack. One thing of which you should be aware is that there is no Sabatini's restaurant on the Ruby Princess. So, the suite breakfast that has been mentioned numerous times, above, will be offered to you in the Crown Grill restaurant.

Enjoy your cruise KoolJack. One thing of which you should be aware is that there is no Sabatini's restaurant on the Ruby Princess. So, the suite breakfast that has been mentioned numerous times, above, will be offered to you in the Crown Grill restaurant.
Thanks! Appreciate the heads up!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

the only thing I might add, and it's just from reading on CC, not actual experience is that if you don't see something you would like on the menu, just ask for it, and they will see what they can do. Worth a shot , I guess