RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Im quite pleased to see that it is not just us that think those pre-purchase packages are extortionately priced.

Our sea pass account balance has certainly diminished since the introduction of the alcoholic drinks packages.

Mine has diminished since I started booking GS’s on the Oasis and having beer/wine available from 11-11. [emoji23]

Your onboard account may have diminished but I wager you have paid up front many times over for those 11-11 drinks on the price of the GS, so you may as well make the most of them. :eek:

Just ending a lovely 11 night cruise on Serenade (arriving back to Fort Lauderdale 3/9). Our Diamond Lounge concierge Mario informed us that they were not allowed to open the lounge for overflow into the Vortex. Only 30 seats available. So...people had to line up to get their drinks and appetizers. Leave the lounge and go around the corner to sit in the Vortex! Doesn’t sound bad but a needless imposition to place upon your loyal customers when all they had to do was slide open the wall! I hope this issue receives some additional thought by the executives.

Slide open wall, provide more staff, provide more booze, provide more apps.

Keeping that door closed cuts back on a lot of expenses

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Your onboard account may have diminished but I wager you have paid up front many times over for those 11-11 drinks on the price of the GS, so you may as well make the most of them. :eek:

That’s right get a junior suite and then DP and you still come out ahead.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Slide open wall, provide more staff, provide more booze, provide more apps.

Keeping that door closed cuts back on a lot of expenses

That’s right on future cruise they could have less Diamonds to serve, we have gone to the dark side and booked another cruise line next month.

Just ending a lovely 11 night cruise on Serenade (arriving back to Fort Lauderdale 3/9). Our Diamond Lounge concierge Mario informed us that they were not allowed to open the lounge for overflow into the Vortex. Only 30 seats available. So...people had to line up to get their drinks and appetizers. Leave the lounge and go around the corner to sit in the Vortex! Doesn’t sound bad but a needless imposition to place upon your loyal customers when all they had to do was slide open the wall! I hope this issue receives some additional thought by the executives.
That is the same way when we boarded a month ago. Drink vouchers were accepted in mdr did they still accept them? How many d and up were there on your cruise? We had over 600 d and up members last month. Line went out the door at 430 so used the cl almost every night.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Same thing will start on the Radiance when it gets to Alaska.

We have just gotten off the Voyager and both the DL and CL were packed until around 6pm every night (which is usual, I know). Some people go to the DL and sit there the whole day so that they can get a seat for the evening freebies.

Referring to an earlier post about this - it would be very hard for them to restrict the number of drinks in the DL or CL because they are flat out getting drinks for thirsty patrons (wow they are thirsty!) and would have no time to swipe cards as well.

I am waiting to see what happens on the Mariner, Singapore to Barcelona as there will be a gazillion Diamonds, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members:eek:

Cheers

Di

We have just gotten off the Voyager and both the DL and CL were packed until around 6pm every night (which is usual, I know). Some people go to the DL and sit there the whole day so that they can get a seat for the evening freebies.

Referring to an earlier post about this - it would be very hard for them to restrict the number of drinks in the DL or CL because they are flat out getting drinks for thirsty patrons (wow they are thirsty!) and would have no time to swipe cards as well.

I am waiting to see what happens on the Mariner, Singapore to Barcelona as there will be a gazillion Diamonds, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members:eek:

Cheers

Di

I'm not convinced there will be that many PC. We recently got an upgrade from JS to GS and we are still baby Pinnacles.

I seriously doubt it was my charming personality.

That’s right on future cruise they could have less Diamonds to serve, we have gone to the dark side and booked another cruise line next month.

Where and what line are you off to Curtis? I will be on seaside for 2 weeks in july.

You can still join us on allure Oct 21 in a cl2. It has dropped to $3500 for 2 plus $100 obc if you are Interested.

Cheers

Di

I do not expect it to be too much of an issue on the Radiance. Our last few cruises to Alaska have not had very many D's and up.

I do expect that there are going to be high numbers on what is left of the Mariner Odyssey.

As good as RCL's commutations and IT is they may not get the messages about the new policy all the may to the Mariner.:rolleyes:

I do not expect it to be too much of an issue on the Radiance. Our last few cruises to Alaska have not had very many D's and up.

I do expect that there are going to be high numbers on what is left of the Mariner Odyssey.

As good as RCL's commutations and IT is they may not get the messages about the new policy all the may to the Mariner.:rolleyes:

They were going to start the policy on the Radiance on the Circumnavigation of Australia and NZ which always has a lot of Diamonds, D+ and Pinnacles but decided against it. I think it's sensible to start it on an Alaskan cruise where there will be less loyalty guests.

I remember the debacle on the Explorer TP in 2016 (which by memory you were on) and I think there will be a whole lot more on the Mariner. I guess they will shut the DL down completely again. Not long now until we find out:D

Cheers

Di

That is the same way when we boarded a month ago. Drink vouchers were accepted in mdr did they still accept them? How many d and up were there on your cruise? We had over 600 d and up members last month. Line went out the door at 430 so used the cl almost every night.

Vouchers were not accepted in MDR this cruise. We had over 300 d and approx 150 d+ and 13 p. I use the vouchers while enjoying music in the Centrum or with friends who don’t qualify for the d lounge. We always have traditional late seating so like a lite nibble before dinner. I understand that the RCCL bottom line is of great importance to them but feel that they are offering a benefit that is difficult if not impossible for one to use. Just sad because I always look forward to the ambiance and socialization and it wasn’t available on this sailing.

Where and what line are you off to Curtis? I will be on seaside for 2 weeks in july.

You can still join us on allure Oct 21 in a cl2. It has dropped to $3500 for 2 plus $100 obc if you are Interested.

Thanks Frank we will just be finishing up three weeks on the Liberty.

We have agree not to book anything else until we finish those cruise, we are on the fence at the moment. We love Royal seems like these days it’s not mutual.

When we sailed on the Adventure last year there was a lot of Diamond and Diamond Plus members. They just open another bar area outside the Diamond lounge. There was no problem. Plenty of bat tenders to take care of everyone.
I think the policy of not opening overflow lounges is new -- past few months. Some concierges are saying that it is a directive from Miami

I think the policy of not opening overflow lounges is new -- past few months. Some concierges are saying that it is a directive from Miami

I think someone didn’t read the thread before posting

They must have heard that price is gone.

They were going to start the policy on the Radiance on the Circumnavigation of Australia and NZ which always has a lot of Diamonds, D+ and Pinnacles but decided against it. I think it's sensible to start it on an Alaskan cruise where there will be less loyalty guests.

I remember the debacle on the Explorer TP in 2016 (which by memory you were on) and I think there will be a whole lot more on the Mariner. I guess they will shut the DL down completely again. Not long now until we find out:D

Cheers

Di

Yes were on the Explorer TP. I agree with the thought that the Mariner may have bigger numbers. We will be boarding the Radiance 11 days after we get off the Mariner.