Will NCL offer price drops after booking?

NoMoreRain

There's something I'm not very clear about hoping you learned souls can clarify. I've searched the forum but found conflicting answer.

Suppose I want to book a cruise for February 2019. I'd really like to catch one of the specials, especially free guests but there's no promo for that right now.

If I go ahead and book the cruise I want and begin making payments (already have a NexCruise deposit to apply) and then the promo comes up or a cabin sale comes along will NCL let me rebook or apply the promo to my existing purchase?

My hope is too book a Haven two bed with an extra guest or two to sail free.

So what happens to the money I've paid thus far? Is there a cancellation fee?

all money will go to your new room, even if price drops on same room you can call and get reduction as long as you are not past your paid in full date.......It just doesn't happen very often that they drop anymore. The earlier you book, usually the best price up to paid in full date.

Even past final payment, and I know this is shocking, didn't expect anything, but twice now I have recieved 25 or 50 obc by calling in and inquiring about price drop.

Both times they checked for upgrade possibilities first and then gave 1/4 of the price drop back as obc.

So what happens to the money I've paid thus far? Is there a cancellation fee?

It depends on the terms and conditions you book under. If you book directly with NCL in the United States and are not beyond cancellation date, you could get a full refund. Travel Agents or NCL offices outside the United States could charge a cancellation fee, regardless of how far in the future your cruise. is.

When you cancel and rebook, you get the promotions that are available at the time of rebooking. This could be [significantly] less than the promotions you have with your advance booking.

FWIW, since I've booked (REALLY far out in advance), the same cabin level is now going for roughly $2,000 more. I believe more decks have opened up which I would have greatly preferred, but not for $2,000 more. Then again, I don't think my cruise is one they'll have trouble selling out.

We booked our next cruise eight months out. A week later, they changed the promotion which would give me a $140 OBC. I called and they rebooked me and I received the OBC. Then this week I noticed the price went down. I called and they rebooked me again at four months out.

We booked our next cruise eight months out. A week later, they changed the promotion which would give me a $140 OBC. I called and they rebooked me and I received the OBC. Then this week I noticed the price went down. I called and they rebooked me again at four months out.

Thank you so much. I read this post last night. We have 4 mini-suites booked on a cruise in May of 2019. After reading the post, I got on ncl.com and saw that they were now offering $140 OBC for these mini-suites, with the same Free at Sea promotion that we booked under. I fired off an email to my travel agent about it, went to bed and forgot about it. This afternoon I got an email from the TA telling me that she had gotten us the 4x$140. She said that they have a program that tracks fares in case they drop but that she would not have caught the new promotion. Thanks again.

Thank you so much. I read this post last night. We have 4 mini-suites booked on a cruise in May of 2019. After reading the post, I got on ncl.com and saw that they were now offering $140 OBC for these mini-suites, with the same Free at Sea promotion that we booked under. I fired off an email to my travel agent about it, went to bed and forgot about it. This afternoon I got an email from the TA telling me that she had gotten us the 4x$140. She said that they have a program that tracks fares in case they drop but that she would not have caught the new promotion. Thanks again.

You are very welcome and glad you got the OBC.

There's something I'm not very clear about hoping you learned souls can clarify. I've searched the forum but found conflicting answer.

Suppose I want to book a cruise for February 2019. I'd really like to catch one of the specials, especially free guests but there's no promo for that right now.

If I go ahead and book the cruise I want and begin making payments (already have a NexCruise deposit to apply) and then the promo comes up or a cabin sale comes along will NCL let me rebook or apply the promo to my existing purchase?

My hope is too book a Haven two bed with an extra guest or two to sail free.

It would be your responsibility to watch for promos when and if they come up. Then you would need to call NCL, see if you qualify, cancel your old reservation and re-book a new one, but be very careful when doing this. You could end up screwing everything up.

Just another scenario...

We originally booked a Sail Away Inside (IX) and received no perks or promos. I continued to watch the prices daily. After final payment, there was a huge price drop on the Family Inside (I1). That category was now only $50/pp more than what we paid for our Sail Away Inside. I called and upgraded to this new category. In doing so, I also received one Free at Sea perk as well as the Distinctive Voyage perks.

We actually had the I1 category on hold at the time of our original booking, but the Sail Away rate opened up so we went with that. The difference in the price between that original hold and our booking now is $860 for the same category.

Yes, it was a gamble but one we were willing to lose (because I don’t think you lose anything by being on a wonderful cruise!).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just followed the advice here on our April Breakaway cruise. Plenty of balcony cabins available, and prices lower than what we paid. We are past final payment.

I called NCL, and stated that I did not want room upgrade. We have two side by side balconies and do not want to get split up. They came back with $105 OBC per cabin. Not bad.

Always worth a call.

I just followed the advice here on our April Breakaway cruise. Plenty of balcony cabins available, and prices lower than what we paid. We are past final payment.

I called NCL, and stated that I did not want room upgrade. We have two side by side balconies and do not want to get split up. They came back with $105 OBC per cabin. Not bad.

Always worth a call.

Great news. Thank you for sharing

• 9 months later...
7 hours ago, robwillsee said:

I just booked a cruise 4 days ago, the price dropped today by 700.00.  I was told there is nothing they can do.  Did not offer onboard credit or anything!

Are you past final payment?