Boarding pass question

PoohUnderstands

Understand Princess are trying to sell Priority Boarding...another chance at Nickel and Diming ? Removing the few 'perks' earned by loyal passengers!

A disappointing change, in my opinion.

Another chance for nickle and diming, yes.

Removing a perk for loyal passengers, no.

A waste of money, yes.

Those who purchased Priority Boarding get to board after:

wedding parties

BVE

wheel-chaired passengers

Elite/Suite passengers

Platinum passengers

In other words, the only people they get to board ahead of are those who have not been accumulated five cruise points (or 50 days) which for most people are those who have not completed five Princess cruises.

Assuming those who purchased the Priority Boarding arrived before boarding started, they get to board maybe 5 minutes faster. Of course if they arrived after boarding has started, they have spent their money for nothing.

Does Princess upgrade without letting you know often?

Last year on a Royal transatlantic, Barcelona to Ft. L. a deluxe obstructed balcony on Emerald instead of my inside cabin. I found out when I checked in, awesome! Thirty five years of cruising and my 1st upgrade! :) I emailed my TA, she was more surprised than I was!

I am picky about cabin location, because I spend most of my time on Decks 5, 6 and 7, not a buffet person, don't use the pools. I generally tell her I don't want to move to an upper deck and I will not take a cabin aft. This upgrade was a few doors down from my original cabin.

Looks like they have just changed the wording for Platinum & Elite & Suite & Bon Voyage passengers. (lots of "preferred / priority" boarders now! )

The e-ticket part baffles me - I did not see a way to save the screen / ticket to a mobile - only option was to print the page - but doesn't printing it no longer make it "e" ? :rolleyes:

If you print to the "Microsoft Print to PDF" printer, it's still an "E Ticket". :confused:

I'll leave it to an iPerson to explain how such is accomplished in iLand. ;)

I noticed they barely look until you get to the agent. With almost a thousand elite on my last cruise I noticed hardly anyone in the no priority line but then I noticed they were funneling elite to ten different agents and non priority to one agent. Glad I got in the right line. You are directed to a different waiting room with coffee and snacks but as soon as I got there we started to board. We had been handed a card about 1pm room ready but I went direct and all were ready at noon. At least the elite balcony since I noticed almost all in this category were in this particular corridor. Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I printed out my boarding pass at the 70 day mark just to make the cruise more real! Grin. I noted it was entitled,

"ETICKET PREFERRED BOARDING PASS."

Decided to check it out again for the fun of it and now it is entitled, "ETICKET PRIORITY BOARDING PASS."

Is there a difference between preferred and priority; and if so, what is the difference? Thanks.

Pooh

Same thing.

When everyone has priority boarding no one does. It seems to currently apply to elite and platinum, full suite, club class etc. We are all in the same line. That is what I meant above about little attention paid to ticket. Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's about tine that priority boarding applied only to Elites. Then it might actually once again mean something.

Apparently it still does to many folks...

Last Oct, in San Pedro (LA), there were about 8 couples in Priority and no one in steerage. We had a choice,

went to steerage, and no one from the Priority line followed.

Does Princess upgrade without letting you know often?

Last year on a Royal transatlantic, Barcelona to Ft. L. a deluxe obstructed balcony on Emerald instead of my inside cabin. I found out when I checked in, awesome! Thirty five years of cruising and my 1st upgrade! :) I emailed my TA, she was more surprised than I was!

I am picky about cabin location, because I spend most of my time on Decks 5, 6 and 7, not a buffet person, don't use the pools. I generally tell her I don't want to move to an upper deck and I will not take a cabin aft. This upgrade was a few doors down from my original cabin.

If you do not want to accept any upgrade at all (you want to keep the room you have chosen) then either call Princess direct or notify your TA if you went that route and tell them to mark you reservation as "do not upgrade." Other wise, Princess may provide you a free upgrade and you might not know about it until you arrive at the pier. If it's marked as "do not upgrade" then they won't upgrade you and you'll not have to worry about being moved.

Tom

If you do not want to accept any upgrade at all (you want to keep the room you have chosen) then either call Princess direct or notify your TA if you went that route and tell them to mark you reservation as "do not upgrade." Other wise, Princess may provide you a free upgrade and you might not know about it until you arrive at the pier. If it's marked as "do not upgrade" then they won't upgrade you and you'll not have to worry about being moved.

Tom

I have read many times over the years about posters being upgraded when their bookings were marked otherwise and that goes for us too. :rolleyes:

It guarantees you nothing.

Apparently it still does to many folks...

Last Oct, in San Pedro (LA), there were about 8 couples in Priority and no one in steerage. We had a choice,

went to steerage, and no one from the Priority line followed.

The Platinum/Elite waiting room is getting so crowded lately they have to resort to giving boarding tickets to avoid a stampede when boarding.

It's become so bad that unless you arrive early there's no guarantee of getting a place to sit, at least in Florida.

I never worry about boarding, longer cruises with many preferred or priority, sometimes regular lines are better. Some 30+ cruises, what is the rush? My NE cruise, ship overnights in Quebec, probably won't board until after 1 or 2 p.m., not like they'll leave me behind! :)

I have read many times over the years about posters being upgraded when their bookings were marked otherwise and that goes for us too. :rolleyes:

It guarantees you nothing.

On one Princess cruise that we were on, a couple were upgraded and didn't find out about it until they checked in. By that time, their luggage was gone with the wrong cabin number on the tags. They had to spend extra time looking for their bags on their original deck. It's a good idea to verify your booking at the last minute to avoid that kind of surprise.

On one Princess cruise that we were on, a couple were upgraded and didn't find out about it until they checked in. By that time, their luggage was gone with the wrong cabin number on the tags. They had to spend extra time looking for their bags on their original deck. It's a good idea to verify your booking at the last minute to avoid that kind of surprise.

Exactly, although as long as bag tags were on I personally would not have worried about my bags.

I knew they would have found me sooner or later. ;)

One can check all that info in the booking through the travel summary/bag tags section right up to sailing day.